Fish`

A place for longboarders, eggers, fish riders... if alternative surfcraft is your game, here's the place to chat about it

Moderators: collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, Shari, the kalakau kid, Forum Moderators

ado
Grommet

Post by ado » Sat Nov 18, 2006 11:36 am

Beerfan,

board looks sweeeet! I suppose I could use UV resin and glass at night? Tarp is a good idea - i was thinking about one of those portable shelters and then hanging tarp around it to enclose the whole thing. We'll see how we go. How does the fish ride? Are you a big fella like me?
thanks for the advice.
Ado

Beerfan

fish

Post by Beerfan » Sat Nov 18, 2006 11:59 am

Havent ridden it yet, just gotta do some sanding, then i'll be sweet. nah im not really a big bloke, but i normally ride a minimal, and in not a gifted surfer haha, so thats why its kind of a BIG fish!!. SOOOOOOO hanging to ride it. Not really much more to do, but i have my daughters party tomorrow, so im runnin around like a blue arse fly! Should be in the water by the end of next week. Cant friggin wait!!

ric_vidal
Snowy McAllister

Post by ric_vidal » Sun Nov 19, 2006 5:58 pm

ado wrote:I suppose I could use UV resin and glass at night?
Ado, no I wouldn’t recommend this at all unless you intend curing via lights and I’m guessing you aren’t!

If you glass at night you run the risk of ‘drain out’, the resin draining out of the weave and leaving lots of air bubbles. Happened to me ONCE when I did a board way too late in the day to activate curing. Learnt my lesson :oops:

For a shortboard, with some help standing by ready to jump in you should be OK as Wanderer said. You can also catalyse the resin at 3/4% instead of the normal recommended 1-2%, it will buy you some more time. Also try avoiding a hot day... :wink: