looking for a second hand mini mal 6'8 inches

A place for longboarders, eggers, fish riders... if alternative surfcraft is your game, here's the place to chat about it

Moderators: collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, Shari, the kalakau kid, Forum Moderators

jeepers

looking for a second hand mini mal 6'8 inches

Post by jeepers » Mon Jan 19, 2004 8:29 pm

:shock:
I won't be surprised if you've heard it before but anyone know of a good place to find a second hand mini mal?

Sinkers

Post by Sinkers » Tue Jan 20, 2004 11:49 am

Try Jackson Surfboards at Taren Point, they usually have at least a few in the racks.

dicko

Post by dicko » Tue Jan 20, 2004 2:49 pm

try the trading post or just go around each surf shop near you

jeepers

Post by jeepers » Wed Jan 21, 2004 5:39 am

Thanks for the advice guys, I just got myself a second hand Shane hybrid
6'10 x 21 x 2 5/8.

Plp kept trying to sell me an aircraft carrier. Huge 7'6 mini mals until I went to someone who surfed, and gave me great advice. Anyone looking for a board should go to this Chilean guy corner of Pitwater Rd and Denison (i think).

dicko

Post by dicko » Wed Jan 21, 2004 10:21 am

yeah that's the Aloha store in manly. they've got a pretty big selection but can be pricey on the 2nd hand stuff. how much did you pay?

jeepers

Post by jeepers » Wed Jan 21, 2004 1:01 pm

$450 with fins, leash and wax. I thought it was pretty good considering how much others were trying to sell second hand mini mals for. Did I get a good deal for it?>
I went surfing on it today actually more like paddling and tho Bondi was flat, It was catching waves without much effort.

Longboarder
regular

Post by Longboarder » Thu Jan 22, 2004 12:11 pm

Sounds like a good deal to me...

Doddy

mini mal

Post by Doddy » Sat Feb 07, 2004 12:46 pm

So I need to find a board to get me settled and a mini mal seems the best option, askin people for tips/thoughts on long boards, and where is the best place to use one?