Multiple users?

A place for longboarders, eggers, fish riders... if alternative surfcraft is your game, here's the place to chat about it

Moderators: collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, Shari, the kalakau kid, Forum Moderators

penguinator
Grommet

Multiple users?

Post by penguinator » Mon Jun 19, 2006 9:05 pm

Just a short question for everyone;

Do you let other people use your boards? Or are you the type that like to keep them too yourself?

I for one am rethinking my current stance.... I never let anyone else ride my logger, but I often let my mates bash around on the fireball. HOWEVER the other day my mate wanted to try without a legrope (he is still begginer-ish) and I made him use a leggie. It was a fairly big day so I gave him the thickest legrope I have, which also happens to be 15 feet long. I thought that wouldnt matter too much because noone was surfing in the breaking zone, and the waves were really only breaking at one point and then they would just crumble. BUT my mate being the idiot he is, rides the Mctavish all the way to shore on the wash, then instead of catching the board and stalling, he flicks the board out infront of him. Now it would have just hit the sand if it hadnt been for another surfer about to get into the water. 15 foot leggie + 9 foot board = 24' of range.

In conclusion, after being left with a nice gash on the rail of my nice hp mal, im not letting ANYONE surf any of my mals anymore :evil:

THE END

opinions? :lol:

Shaunm
Snowy McAllister

Post by Shaunm » Mon Jun 19, 2006 9:08 pm

I only lend the kids old 7'6 NSP

boogarist
Grommet

Post by boogarist » Mon Jun 19, 2006 9:45 pm

yeh same

Beanpole
That's Not Believable

Post by Beanpole » Mon Jun 19, 2006 10:22 pm

I have only ever let someone use my mal when I had a tuflite.
I have only ever agreed to the idea of someone using my mal when drunk and then quickly can the idea when sober.
I get nervous when the kids take it for a paddle when its flat.
Pretty pathetic really :lol: :lol: :lol:

DeeWhyguy
Grommet

Post by DeeWhyguy » Tue Jun 20, 2006 7:27 am

Your kidding right!? Would you let one of your mates sleep with your wife or girlfriend!!?!

:shock:

p-a
Grommet

Post by p-a » Tue Jun 20, 2006 5:26 pm

you should always let your mates ride your boards. Its only a board and they should be riden to death.

Archie

Post by Archie » Tue Jun 20, 2006 6:35 pm

I lent my board to a mate and it took ages to get it back like 6 weeks. Needless to say he doesn't even get to look at my baby anymore. But if im at the beach and one of my mates wants a go then im happy to give them ago especially if they want to learn how to surf, I know this sounds wierd but teaching someone to surf gives me a buzz and is always good for a laugh.

BIGJIM
regular

Post by BIGJIM » Tue Jun 20, 2006 8:48 pm

yeah why not, good to try different size boards in different conditions. a good mate and i often swap out in the lineup and fang each others rides. ive just snapped my 9,1 last friday so im relying on him for a while, what a champion bloke

sean--
barnacle

Post by sean-- » Tue Jun 20, 2006 9:24 pm

Only lend boards to mates who can surf otherwise you might as well lend them your wallet.

Beerfan

multiple users

Post by Beerfan » Wed Jun 21, 2006 1:23 pm

If i didn't swap boards with my mate, i never would have realised how awesome a 9 1 mal could be. Now, im always bugging him to swap for my 7 6 minimal.

bondi
regular

Re

Post by bondi » Wed Jun 21, 2006 4:08 pm

Share the love!

Hawkeye
barnacle

Post by Hawkeye » Wed Jun 21, 2006 7:13 pm

Only swap with guys I know can surf, except for an old logger I once had that I used to teach people on when i could no longer stand their flapping around on boards that were too small. :lol:

My learner 10yo son has his own - a softboard. Although he gets nervous when I take it out - "Don't break it, Dad!" :?

buzzy
barnacle

Post by buzzy » Thu Jun 22, 2006 6:11 pm

When I was younger I did, but I got over it. I especially got over it when my alll time favourite board was borrowed without my knowledge by a mate who took it up to Long Reef on the rrofrack of another mate's car, but forgot to strap it down. One lost nose later and my favourite board was dust.

It was a real shame though. Everyone sneered at that board (a McCoy Zap prototype), but it was the most heavily borrowed board on our beach for a while. Indeed, I remember the Contest Director at our club told me it was my duty as a club member to ensure my board was available for a star surfer to use in an interclub event.

ric_vidal
Snowy McAllister

Post by ric_vidal » Thu Jun 22, 2006 6:29 pm

buzzy wrote:Everyone sneered at that board (a McCoy Zap prototype)
Begs the question buzzy, what do you ride now considering the McCoy’s were always such a different planshape?
Had a lazorzap myself and it started me on different thinking for board shapes full stop...

Longboarder
regular

Post by Longboarder » Thu Jun 22, 2006 7:34 pm

Did you tell that context director to buggar off Buzzy?

Butts

Post by Butts » Thu Jun 22, 2006 7:42 pm

Always allow anyone to ride my Mc Coy 6'10" (original and signed) cause
I haven't been able to break/dent/damage it :lol: :lol:

My tuflite 6'6" fish is open to anyone who wants to try :wink:

Hereth endeth my quiver :oops:

Longygrom
barnacle

Post by Longygrom » Fri Jun 23, 2006 7:10 am

hey Butts you can give that McCoy to me and i will gladly 'break it' for you... :wink:

Butts

Post by Butts » Fri Jun 23, 2006 9:34 am

Longygrom wrote:hey Butts you can give that McCoy to me and i will gladly 'break it' for you... :wink:
Hey longygrom, this is the same board that knocked my two front teeth out :shock:
It has an evil streak :twisted: :lol: