old school freaks

A place for longboarders, eggers, fish riders... if alternative surfcraft is your game, here's the place to chat about it

Moderators: collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, Shari, the kalakau kid, Forum Moderators

Longygrom
barnacle

Post by Longygrom » Sat Mar 13, 2004 4:51 pm

Hey Morgan The moon

Tudor ditched Australia and decided to go to Pipeline for another competition.
But all the traditionalists were there like Alex Knost, Dane Peterson, Kevin Connely, CJ Nelson, Jai Lee and some other nice guy named Dustin from California all surfed really well.

Morgan The Moon
Local

Post by Morgan The Moon » Mon Mar 15, 2004 11:17 am

Someone older and wiser than me once wrote

"... there is nothing quite as satisfying as pulling some warm sand up under your chin and just lying there on the beach watching a David Nuuhiwa or a Joel Tudor noseride...and then try and emulate them"

It would be amazing to watch the likes of Tudor, Wegener, Knost, Connelly (and so many more) from the sand and take it all in. That Noosa Festival must be pretty special......

joshalohasurf

Post by joshalohasurf » Wed Apr 14, 2004 12:19 pm

i like the good karma board im trying to find a cheap dingded up old single fin to restall and ride.

Also: have u seen rob machado on a single fin he rips! check out a video on www.cisurfboards.com

theboat
charger

Post by theboat » Wed Apr 14, 2004 8:19 pm

josh- i did the same thing... they are a whole lot harder to find than you think...... not many people are willing to give up a classical single fin in the trading post!

tell us if you find a dealer/shop/shaper/surfer etc. who sells em

Morgan The Moon
Local

Post by Morgan The Moon » Thu Apr 15, 2004 7:41 am

Josh/Boat

I found an old Ron Wade Single Fin at a garage sale for $10. It was in pretty bad shape, the glass was delaminating and it needed some serious work so I let it slide.

How much do you reckon it would cost to restore one of these boards??
"Stay happy and everything will be just fine....." Jack Norris

theboat
charger

Post by theboat » Thu Apr 15, 2004 10:42 am

mTm-

no where near a pro on the subject, might be worth asking platty, but i would say that it depended on what you had to do (eg. if the actual foam needed repairing, if you were to reglass it, give it a spray, have to alter the shape, new fin/finbox etc. etc.) but as a (wild) guess, i would think that you would be paying inbetween like one and three or four hundred depending on what you have to do to it.