Favourite break / point for Noseriding on the east coast!?

A place for longboarders, eggers, fish riders... if alternative surfcraft is your game, here's the place to chat about it

Moderators: collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, Shari, the kalakau kid, Forum Moderators

bondi
regular

Favourite break / point for Noseriding on the east coast!?

Post by bondi » Wed Jun 22, 2005 1:27 pm

What is your favourite break around town for practising your long, drawn out nose rides!?

No need to keep names hidden as we are all in this forum together for a reason....

My favourite would be Crescent Head and Noosa, but for something closer to home and on a weekly basis Long Reef and Manyana give a decent nose ride compared to the local beachies...

where are you fav spots for longer hanging time and working on your soul arches!?

;)

WANDERER
Owl status

Post by WANDERER » Wed Jun 22, 2005 1:36 pm

da Manly stretch and the longy bombies when the rights are walling up. My favourite would have to be a certain central coast point break near the Entrance. (I wont name it and I hope no-one else will, its farely well known and starting to get ridiculous crowds, I wouldn't say its secret, but i would say that as little as 5 years ago the crowds were a 1/4 of the size and weekdays ya could find yaself out there with only 1 or 2 people: thanks to a combination of swelling CC population, Mobile phones, internet exposure and the mal explosion those days are over.)

i prefer noseriding in walling beachies rather than slow North coast and queenland points, more speed and exhiliration!!

Longygrom
barnacle

Post by Longygrom » Wed Jun 22, 2005 1:56 pm

Johnsons at Noosa, inside Tea Tree, longy bombies when 2-3ft and Kiddies at Palm

Shaunm
Snowy McAllister

Post by Shaunm » Wed Jun 22, 2005 3:27 pm

Caves Beach when it's not too big, and that spot Wanderer mentioned. Freshie with a reasonable NE swell sometimes offers from kiddies to mid, but it is rare
Never confuse ambition with ability

WANDERER
Owl status

Post by WANDERER » Wed Jun 22, 2005 4:57 pm

Shaunm wrote: Freshie with a reasonable NE swell sometimes offers from kiddies to mid, but it is rare
but when its on.... ohmygod!!! long noserides interspaced with nice cutties!! sic!!

platty
regular

Post by platty » Wed Jun 22, 2005 7:00 pm

Wanderer. I surfed that spot on Sunday. Saturday was the day from what I was told. First time I have surfed it. Not for want of trying. It is nice and slow. Not like Macs. The inside section is the go for noserides. It is like going on holidays traveling all that way from Killcare. There were some good young log riders out there to. platty.

Beanpole
That's Not Believable

Post by Beanpole » Wed Jun 22, 2005 7:59 pm

Its funny about the central coast. You can overlook the most obvious spots and hunt for waves without getting much for your search.
As far as "secret" rights go up there; I have found saturday morning is very crowded and grumbly. When the pub has been open a few hours it mellows out a bit :D .
I may be wrong of course but, speaking as an occasional blow in, the crowds all seem to be locals. I see the same guys year in year out and usually on saturday morning.
As far as "secret" lefthanders that rival any long perfect wave on the east coast go. Its a long and frustrating hunt but if they exist they are well worth the effort. Not a good spot to be out at at 5.30 this time of year :shock:
Apart from the Central Coast :
Green Island. Too many sharks 8)
Crescent:forget about it. You'll only get grumpy thinking about it later.
By the way has anyone had good waves at a spot just a bit north of there?
Arrawarra? don't go there.
Evans Head: no way don't do it.
The Pass:So it peels for half a klm when it works, so what?
Currumbin:Very similar to the pass in my opinion.
Greenmount,Rainbow, Snapper:Not what it was for nose rides.
Noosa:A long way to go for perfect and very crowded waves.

Longygrom
barnacle

Post by Longygrom » Wed Jun 22, 2005 8:28 pm

Evans is epic, it has its own Snapper-Literally called Snapper Point!

Ive never seen Arrawarra over hip high and fast enough to hold a decent noseride through a section.I know it gets good tho

Freshie Boy
regular

Post by Freshie Boy » Wed Jun 22, 2005 8:54 pm

yeh freshie is the shite when it links up. remember 2001 in the july school holidays???? 4-5ft consistent for almost 2 weeks straight peeling from kiddies to the alley!! ahh those were the days

matt ive never surfed arrawarra under double overhead. if you surf it even anything under head height u will be dissappointed, cause thats when its all dead and just breaks on top of itself with no decent sections or walls to noseride. They call it the old mans wave but once it gets some size its definitely a fun wave, sections linkin up for up to 500 metres! and thats just from the boil!

At crowdy head beachy ive had some bullshit noseride days, just 2 or 3ft lefts linking for about 50-70 metres. u really can just hang on the nose the whole wave! but that aint often, and i only surf the beachie when the point aint workin!

Any of those isolated spots are bull. like taking the 4wd up to the north end of crescent stretch. u can really luck out sometimes and get some real good banks.

coastie
Grommet

Post by coastie » Wed Jun 22, 2005 11:31 pm

:D Got that point Wanderer and PLatty a couple of times in the past few weeks. All time :!: Always lots of people out there ... not many catch anything :wink: Up North Arrawarra is sooo good head high + and the other breaks around Crescent. Lets face it ... any clean point wave waist high + on a log with low crowd factor goes off :idea: C.

whitey
regular

Post by whitey » Thu Jun 23, 2005 12:01 pm

The point you guys are talking about gets ok, but i have never really scored it (living on the other end of the coast)...There are a few in the boudii that are great, but most have some verry hairy take offs, no names (naturally) because a few of those are genuinely secret... but you cant go past Avoca point for a good nose ride (if you can fight off the crowds) i have probly got myself in trouble now...
.Whitey.

WANDERER
Owl status

Post by WANDERER » Thu Jun 23, 2005 12:11 pm

i have surfed "the" point in question on a friday (about 2 or 3 years ago) at about waist to boob high, it was perfect, surfed for 3 and a half hours with only danny bond comin out for about 45 minutes. The waves were flawless, as good as first point noosa although only about half to 2/3rds the length, on the hi tide you sit about half way out and get the ones that the guys on the outside miss, the inside section walls up beautifully and is perfect for 5's and 10's... i luv it but it really does get mobbed these days by gumbies.

scot
regular

Post by scot » Thu Jun 23, 2005 12:41 pm

for nice long noderides i like to hit snapper thru to rainbow when its small (knee to waist high). when they line up right you go for ages. also cabarita can be pretty fun on its day.

plan b
regular

Post by plan b » Thu Jul 07, 2005 9:54 am

crecent head can produce some pretty long nose rides. the beachie near the river is also awesome

p-a
Grommet

Post by p-a » Tue Sep 13, 2005 7:48 pm

hush hush on kiddies longygrom

Longygrom
barnacle

Post by Longygrom » Thu Sep 15, 2005 12:06 pm

p-a wrote:hush hush on kiddies longygrom
I meant Kiddies corner at Palm Cove in California :) U know!

surfanimals
Local

Post by surfanimals » Thu Jun 14, 2007 9:35 am

I'm bringing up an old post here.....hey Bondi, your back in the frame with my reply :lol:

Let's hit the F6 on the weekend for some protected peelers south.

Fave spots.....it is that far ahead of anywhere else it's not funny....here go's;

Think one special yellow single fin :idea:

surfanimals
Local

Post by surfanimals » Thu Jun 14, 2007 11:53 am

Not the East Coast but wouldn't you love to be there ?

Log Heaven :shock: