Best mal waves on the Central Coast

A place for longboarders, eggers, fish riders... if alternative surfcraft is your game, here's the place to chat about it

Moderators: collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, Shari, the kalakau kid, Forum Moderators

austeve
regular

Best mal waves on the Central Coast

Post by austeve » Sat Mar 12, 2005 1:35 pm

Just wondering where people rate as best waves for Mals & in what conditions thet work best :D

Jessep
Local

Post by Jessep » Sat Mar 12, 2005 2:04 pm

id try to find out fo ureself and keep it as quite as u can, ive noticed alot of topics commin up about central coast, not like theres ne really big secrets but the less the better

Jessep
Local

Post by Jessep » Sat Mar 12, 2005 2:05 pm

where abouts are ya on the central coast?

austeve
regular

Post by austeve » Sat Mar 12, 2005 2:51 pm

Southern end

whitey
regular

Post by whitey » Sat Mar 12, 2005 3:22 pm

Gotta Be Avoca point, or if your feeling adventurous there are some rippers in the boudii. No Names though. Avoca out classes them all.
.Whitey.

austeve
regular

Post by austeve » Sat Mar 12, 2005 5:21 pm

Cheers Whitey.I often surf a nice loooong left hander near bouddi, not a secret spot but when its on it is ON !!

whitey
regular

Post by whitey » Tue Mar 15, 2005 10:11 am

Yeah, I know the one your talking about. Never seen it worth the paddle. I managed to snag some rippers out at copa the other day as well. Whilst the Tsunami comp was on, the banks are good there at the moment.
.Whitey.

WANDERER
Owl status

Post by WANDERER » Tue Mar 15, 2005 12:14 pm

Blue bay when its walling up on the inside section, North Shelly point is fun when the swells on a longish period and the winds are light; big carvable shoulders and some wall on da inside reform, mid bar can be good when the sands right as well, in large-huge winter swells lakes can have some nice waves with a SW wind...

i do like avoca and copa but a lot of the time its as crowded as sydney so i tend to avoid it if possible...

PS: What the fcuk is a "mal wave?"

pelican can be awesome, with less crowds coz of the walk down.

whitey
regular

Post by whitey » Tue Mar 15, 2005 1:53 pm

I dont know mate, any wave is a mal wave for me, its just like those people who say crackie rights are only for bodyboareds. ??
.Whitey.

greygrom
regular

Post by greygrom » Tue Mar 15, 2005 2:11 pm

whitey wrote: I managed to snag some rippers out at copa the other day as well. Whilst the Tsunami comp was on, the banks are good there at the moment.
.Whitey.
Crap. the whole beach is square, the waves are crap and the place is infested by lid riders and the weekend was 2ft slop.

Shelly Beach or North Entrance are good mal waves. All the old part time surfer farts hang out there so it must be good.

whitey
regular

Post by whitey » Tue Mar 15, 2005 2:28 pm

After i got knocked out, i got some rippers just passed the flags.... Copa point was firing, suckup was going mad...

greygrom
regular

Post by greygrom » Tue Mar 15, 2005 2:53 pm

Never heard 2ft described as “firing”. Nothing a week of 6ft+ southerlies won't fix. The banks are shot. It needs need some sand action or a lagoon blow out. It was a brilliant "lifes a beach" weekend though with the contest n piss up.

If ya thinking of coming down to Copa, give it a miss. Not worth the drive. The groms rip it up, the old boys are on everything else and the lids are feral. Ya won't stand a chance. Be easier getting a wave on the Northern Beaches. Try South Palmy, Bondi or Shelly Beach they are the best mal waves on the whole east coast.

WANDERER
Owl status

Post by WANDERER » Tue Mar 15, 2005 3:08 pm

greygrom wrote:Never heard 2ft described as “firing”. Nothing a week of 6ft+ southerlies won't fix. The banks are shot. It needs need some sand action or a lagoon blow out. It was a brilliant "lifes a beach" weekend though with the contest n piss up.

If ya thinking of coming down to Copa, give it a miss. Not worth the drive. The groms rip it up, the old boys are on everything else and the lids are feral. Ya won't stand a chance. Be easier getting a wave on the Northern Beaches. Try South Palmy, Bondi or Shelly Beach they are the best mal waves on the whole east coast.
WWWAAAAHHHHHHAAAAAAAHHHAAAAAAAAAA....

got a high opinion of yarself dontcha... my experience of people like you, is that you talk better than you surf, but don't worry I aint gonna frequent da copa area coz the surf is rubbish more often than not... you can have it.

austeve
regular

Post by austeve » Tue Mar 15, 2005 3:25 pm

What's Killcare like

greygrom
regular

Post by greygrom » Tue Mar 15, 2005 3:28 pm

WANDERER wrote:
WWWAAAAHHHHHHAAAAAAAHHHAAAAAAAAAA....

got a high opinion of yarself dontcha... my experience of people like you, is that you talk better than you surf, but don't worry I aint gonna frequent da copa area coz the surf is rubbish more often than not... you can have it.
Catch n release and fishbrain never felt a thing.

whitey
regular

Post by whitey » Tue Mar 15, 2005 3:55 pm

Greygrom, I am presuming your a copa local. I swear i saw a few 3-4ft bomies out at the point?? What type of board do you ride?
.Whitey.

WANDERER
Owl status

Post by WANDERER » Tue Mar 15, 2005 4:41 pm

whitey wrote:Greygrom, I am presuming your a copa local. I swear i saw a few 3-4ft bomies out at the point?? What type of board do you ride?
.Whitey.
i reckon he rides a lilo whitey or maybe a goat boat...

greygrom
regular

Post by greygrom » Tue Mar 15, 2005 4:52 pm

whitey

I reckon outa 4 sessions between Friday night and Sunday night I got about 6 decent waves on the point around 3ft breaking all the way through. The rest of the time was just fun time paddling practice with a few mini short sweet head dips through the second rock suck.

It was a beautiful weekend BUT starved for some decent swell & banks. I am a quiet "local", only been there 5 years, 8 all up on the CC. Old grey fart without a gut on a short board.

I reckon it takes 10 yrs before you can use the term "local".

Whats your problem Wanderer? Mistake ya carpet burns for board rash again?
Last edited by greygrom on Tue Mar 15, 2005 5:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.