getting out the back

A place for longboarders, eggers, fish riders... if alternative surfcraft is your game, here's the place to chat about it

Moderators: collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, Shari, the kalakau kid, Forum Moderators

One Mile Point
Snowy McAllister

Post by One Mile Point » Fri Feb 11, 2005 5:01 pm

The last swell we had at the end of holidays a mal was paddling through the pernament rip in front of me. The set came and the first wave he tried to duckdive he go flipped backwards next to me. Next wave he duckdives again but lands on me and goes "fucking little prick get the fuck outa my way" the poor frustrated guy couldnt get out.

WANDERER
Owl status

Post by WANDERER » Mon Feb 14, 2005 9:29 am

OMP: yar a tool, please go away.

MG: you can duckdive mals, its just a slightly different technique, instead of pushing the board flatly under the wave, roll the board onto its side a bit so that it sinks easier, once you are under the wave flatten the board out again and continue like any other duckdive.

if the wave is especially large or is going to break right on top of you, the turtle roll is the go, roll the board upside down and grab it by the nose and pull down as the wave goes over you, will take you a bit longer to get back on the board and continue paddling so use the duckdive unless you are sure it won't get you deep enuff.