Page 82 of 84

Re: Midlengths

Posted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 5:29 pm
by JET01
Ended up getting a second hand 7” fcs pivot fin. Use it with some quad rears for sidebites.
8” alk single fin was nice too.

Re: Midlengths

Posted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 12:58 pm
by JET01
Loving the 7’2 seaxe. Wish i’d found something like this year ago. Would’ve saved me thousands. Not using much else at the moment. Have most of my boards on sale on the gumtree.

Re: Midlengths

Posted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 4:23 pm
by Beerfan
Love it when you've got one of those boards hey, just works in lots of waves. Which boards? Slowly working on Mrs beerfan about a complimentary board for my jd in average to good beachies. Shes caving slowly 😉

Re: Midlengths

Posted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 2:04 pm
by batoes
Beerfan wrote:
Sat Apr 07, 2018 4:23 pm
Love it when you've got one of those boards hey, just works in lots of waves. Which boards? Slowly working on Mrs beerfan about a complimentary board for my jd in average to good beachies. Shes caving slowly 😉
what's the plan Beery?

Re: Midlengths

Posted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 2:17 pm
by alakaboo
The plan is to give it a few more weeks, then if she hasn't agreed bury her in the sand dunes.

Re: Midlengths

Posted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 3:32 pm
by JET01
Beerfan wrote:
Sat Apr 07, 2018 4:23 pm
Love it when you've got one of those boards hey, just works in lots of waves. Which boards? Slowly working on Mrs beerfan about a complimentary board for my jd in average to good beachies. Shes caving slowly 😉
I put a post in the quiver thread. They’re all on the bumtree and fleabay. You’ll find them.

Mate I reckon you’d be mad not to look at the seaxe range. The 7’2 is so versatile. Seriously, if i was going to PNG tomorrow for a trip and could only take one board that would be it.

Re: Midlengths

Posted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 3:57 pm
by BA
alakaboo wrote:
Sun Apr 08, 2018 2:17 pm
The plan is to give it a few more weeks, then if she hasn't agreed bury her in the sand dunes.
:lol:

Re: Midlengths

Posted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 4:45 pm
by batoes
alakaboo wrote:
Sun Apr 08, 2018 2:17 pm
The plan is to give it a few more weeks, then if she hasn't agreed bury her in the sand dunes.
:D I need a new board, too.

Re: Midlengths

Posted: Mon Apr 09, 2018 8:05 am
by Beerfan
batoes wrote:
Sun Apr 08, 2018 2:04 pm
Beerfan wrote:
Sat Apr 07, 2018 4:23 pm
Love it when you've got one of those boards hey, just works in lots of waves. Which boards? Slowly working on Mrs beerfan about a complimentary board for my jd in average to good beachies. Shes caving slowly 😉
what's the plan Beery?
Well ironically the jd is my fave board. Ironic because I surf so little and it's the thinnest, narrowest, with the least rail volume and most rockered. Such a good board, though it does need a bit of juice, and 7'4" can feel long in smaller waves so I was thinking of a smaller hybrid. Its hard though, stock hybrids for 75kg look balanced but stock hybrids for 90kg weekend warriors are ginormous. Mollusc robo looks clean and functional with being too thick and blobby.

Gotta sell some boards first. God I hate that process haha

She's pretty much accepted it though :)

Re: Midlengths

Posted: Mon Apr 09, 2018 8:06 am
by Beerfan
JET01 wrote:
Sun Apr 08, 2018 3:32 pm
Beerfan wrote:
Sat Apr 07, 2018 4:23 pm
Love it when you've got one of those boards hey, just works in lots of waves. Which boards? Slowly working on Mrs beerfan about a complimentary board for my jd in average to good beachies. Shes caving slowly 😉
I put a post in the quiver thread. They’re all on the bumtree and fleabay. You’ll find them.

Mate I reckon you’d be mad not to look at the seaxe range. The 7’2 is so versatile. Seriously, if i was going to PNG tomorrow for a trip and could only take one board that would be it.


Jd is 7'4" and awesome, looking for a bit smaller. Feels a bit long in smaller waves but head high plus it's like butter :)

Re: Midlengths

Posted: Mon Apr 09, 2018 8:08 am
by Beerfan
alakaboo wrote:
Sun Apr 08, 2018 2:17 pm
The plan is to give it a few more weeks, then if she hasn't agreed bury her in the sand dunes.
I did buy her a board last year so its looking good

Re: Midlengths

Posted: Tue Apr 10, 2018 12:41 pm
by Beerfan
batoes wrote:
Sun Apr 08, 2018 4:45 pm
alakaboo wrote:
Sun Apr 08, 2018 2:17 pm
The plan is to give it a few more weeks, then if she hasn't agreed bury her in the sand dunes.
:D I need a new board, too.
Didn't you just get a CB egg batoes?

Re: Midlengths

Posted: Tue Apr 10, 2018 3:00 pm
by batoes
Beerfan wrote:
Tue Apr 10, 2018 12:41 pm
batoes wrote:
Sun Apr 08, 2018 4:45 pm
alakaboo wrote:
Sun Apr 08, 2018 2:17 pm
The plan is to give it a few more weeks, then if she hasn't agreed bury her in the sand dunes.
:D I need a new board, too.
Didn't you just get a CB egg batoes?
Still waiting on it. I won't have it until May the way they glass up there. That's all good - got nerve damage in my left arm and can't even shake my old fella let alone surf.

Re: Midlengths

Posted: Tue Apr 10, 2018 8:48 pm
by Beerfan
May?! Hope the arm comes good by then mate. Injuries can go and get fkukked!

Re: Midlengths

Posted: Tue Apr 10, 2018 9:01 pm
by batoes
I'm guessing around May? I might call up and see where we are at.

Re: Midlengths

Posted: Tue Apr 10, 2018 11:26 pm
by JET01
Beerfan wrote:
Mon Apr 09, 2018 8:06 am
JET01 wrote:
Sun Apr 08, 2018 3:32 pm
Beerfan wrote:
Sat Apr 07, 2018 4:23 pm
Love it when you've got one of those boards hey, just works in lots of waves. Which boards? Slowly working on Mrs beerfan about a complimentary board for my jd in average to good beachies. Shes caving slowly 😉
I put a post in the quiver thread. They’re all on the bumtree and fleabay. You’ll find them.

Mate I reckon you’d be mad not to look at the seaxe range. The 7’2 is so versatile. Seriously, if i was going to PNG tomorrow for a trip and could only take one board that would be it.


Jd is 7'4" and awesome, looking for a bit smaller. Feels a bit long in smaller waves but head high plus it's like butter :)
Have a look at the Firewire greedy beavers beery.

Re: Midlengths

Posted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 5:26 am
by Beerfan
JET01 wrote:
Tue Apr 10, 2018 11:26 pm
Beerfan wrote:
Mon Apr 09, 2018 8:06 am
JET01 wrote:
Sun Apr 08, 2018 3:32 pm
Beerfan wrote:
Sat Apr 07, 2018 4:23 pm
Love it when you've got one of those boards hey, just works in lots of waves. Which boards? Slowly working on Mrs beerfan about a complimentary board for my jd in average to good beachies. Shes caving slowly 😉
I put a post in the quiver thread. They’re all on the bumtree and fleabay. You’ll find them.

Mate I reckon you’d be mad not to look at the seaxe range. The 7’2 is so versatile. Seriously, if i was going to PNG tomorrow for a trip and could only take one board that would be it.


Jd is 7'4" and awesome, looking for a bit smaller. Feels a bit long in smaller waves but head high plus it's like butter :)
Have a look at the Firewire greedy beavers beery.
They do look fun. Is your FW a timber tek? Composite boards are great.

Re: Midlengths

Posted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 10:49 am
by JET01
They only do seaxes in timbertek. Had a few waves in 4ft surf this morning with some wind chop on the surface.
Love it. No corky chattering like tuflites.
Love it.