Neal Purchase Jnr Quartet

A place for longboarders, eggers, fish riders... if alternative surfcraft is your game, here's the place to chat about it

Moderators: Shari, collnarra, Butts, the kalakau kid, Forum Moderators

Davros
Snowy McAllister

Re: Neal Purchase Jnr Quartet

Post by Davros » Tue Aug 18, 2015 9:44 pm

Had a fun surf on my Quartet today, this version feels a lot more like a twin fin ( used to have a Mega Twin) sort of snakes along kind of bouncing from one place to another in the wind effected arvo waves, lots of fun, actually seemed a bit better in slightly chopped up waves than clean fast ones.

Drailed
Duke Status

Post by Drailed » Tue Aug 18, 2015 9:51 pm

Whats the vitals Davros?
Trev wrote:I have always had a lot of time for Dick
smnmntll wrote:Got one in the mouth once, that was pretty memorable

Davros
Snowy McAllister

Post by Davros » Tue Aug 18, 2015 10:25 pm

6'2 rounded square rolled deck wide point fwd. Making me want to try an MR Super Twin.

batoes
charger

Post by batoes » Wed Aug 19, 2015 7:38 am

rounded square is the key to those boards imo. With that tail - they do feel twinnish.
Hatchnam wrote:
Filthy little hipster.

Davros
Snowy McAllister

Post by Davros » Wed Aug 19, 2015 8:13 am

Ditto, last one pinnie tail and refined was direct more quad like, better in faster cleaner waves where I'd prob take out something different.

While I think about it I have 2 x 2+1..the rounded square goes much better for me anyhow than the rounded pin....

Drailed
Duke Status

Post by Drailed » Wed Aug 19, 2015 12:26 pm

Yeah mines got a round tail, would love to try a rounded square, sounds like it loosens it up a bit beautifully.

However saying that, get mine in sucky waves and the thing sticks nearly any take off, like a razor blade digging in.

batoes
charger

Post by batoes » Wed Aug 19, 2015 2:44 pm

Drailed wrote:Yeah mines got a round tail, would love to try a rounded square, sounds like it loosens it up a bit beautifully.

However saying that, get mine in sucky waves and the thing sticks nearly any take off, like a razor blade digging in.
Yeah - mine had that feeling too, but i still wanted that loose feeling in all-round conditions and it couldn't do that. Round square is a great daily driver option. I'd order one again, but not sure i could go through the wait and order process.
Hatchnam wrote:
Filthy little hipster.

Drailed
Duke Status

Post by Drailed » Wed Aug 19, 2015 3:05 pm

So since getting the RTT I thought I would take the Pavel out for one final run before I sold it. Only went and clicked with it and now cant bring myself to part, its actually one of my fave boards at the minute... so so nice. Cant believe how it didnt work for me before.

Def room in the quiver for two twins though, besides its a completely different board to the RTT.

Davros
Snowy McAllister

Post by Davros » Wed Aug 19, 2015 5:16 pm

Hows the TT?

I just picked up and rode a really different board in really shithouse waves today. A PB Bonzer, really different, Epoxy so you can basically lift it with you little finger and a little twitchy in the slop, concave deck so its only 2 inches thick, a bunch of other things going on and didn't have the right fin in and it was 2 far forward for sure. I can tell I like the design but the whole Epoxy trip is a spin out, its the first time i have ridden one and was sitting on the board with water lapping my chin, but no probs getting into waves, weird. Anyway reckon its going to take a whole bunch of fiddle arsing around with fins and positioning and some kooky pain to get it dialed.....but I reckon it will be worth the investment.

Drailed
Duke Status

Post by Drailed » Thu Aug 20, 2015 7:54 pm

Hmmmm the TT, not sure yet Davros.. It isnt quite as quick off the mark as I was hoping...

Davros
Snowy McAllister

Post by Davros » Fri Aug 21, 2015 9:02 am

I'm finding that with my new Bonzer which is weird for a Bonzer, I think it has quite a bit more rocker than my usual boards and its only 2 inch in volume due to the concave in the deck (haven't checked rocker properly) so the thing turns on a dime and wants to always move somewhere and anywhere quickly but not in a straight line, so different to anything I've ridden. I rode it yesterday for an hour and enjoyed the difference then jumped on to my daily driver I had been taking for granted and surfed the best I had for months, hence good to try new things to brighten up your surfing.

JaM71
Local

Post by JaM71 » Sat Jan 23, 2016 2:55 pm

Someone from this very forum owes us all an npj duo ride report & a comparison to a quartet, various bonzers & a gary Mac cv2.......
Davros: "But it felt a bit long and stiff"

Davros
Snowy McAllister

Post by Davros » Sat Jan 23, 2016 3:22 pm

I wish it could be me

el rancho
Duke Status

Post by el rancho » Sat Jan 23, 2016 7:39 pm

Drailed wrote:Hmmmm the TT, not sure yet Davros.. It isnt quite as quick off the mark as I was hoping...
It?

Hatchnam
Duke Status

Post by Hatchnam » Sat Jan 23, 2016 9:54 pm

A mate up in qld had a quartet. Surfed with him in some sprinty two footers at Tugun a couple of years ago. It looked pretty damned quick down the line. As you'd expect from a low rockered twinzer.
The Mighty Sunbird wrote:I think I had kebab and DOOGH every day. Fresh DOOGH is heavenly
steve shearer wrote:full dionysian hand jive body torque

Davros
Snowy McAllister

Post by Davros » Sat Jan 23, 2016 9:59 pm

They are fast

JaM71
Local

Post by JaM71 » Sat Jan 23, 2016 11:36 pm

But how does a duo compare? Paging Batoes
Davros: "But it felt a bit long and stiff"

batoes
charger

Post by batoes » Mon Jan 25, 2016 2:25 pm

i'll post a review after a few more sessions.
Hatchnam wrote:
Filthy little hipster.