Surf Hats

A place for longboarders, eggers, fish riders... if alternative surfcraft is your game, here's the place to chat about it

Moderators: collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, Shari, the kalakau kid, Forum Moderators

Rustt
barnacle

Re: Surf Hats

Post by Rustt » Mon Feb 10, 2014 6:03 pm

I go FCS peak, I love hats, but I am a special needs person. They are real good when you surf a west facing beach in the arvo, great up the bluff, have mine connected to my zip cord with a snap buckle so I can't lose it.

Bought an o&e one as was recommended by my mate , gave it to him, very uncomfortable, alot of guys wear them round my way

otway1949
barnacle

Post by otway1949 » Tue Feb 25, 2014 2:42 pm

Cuttlefish wrote:https://www.mcsurf.com.au/shopping/surf-hats/29/1
The best hat on the market.
The other good thing is your supporting a surfing family that are still producing hand shaped surfboards in their shaping and glassing rooms right out the back of their shop.
Bit concerned about the nappy pins for sale at the bottom of the site OH as you said supporting a surfing family even the ones in nappies. :lol:
Jaffa, I'm opinionated, and I'm sometimes right. So?

Cuttlefish
barnacle

Post by Cuttlefish » Tue Feb 25, 2014 6:39 pm

Well Toshie, MC's wife, is Japanese so bound to be some weird fashion angle in there somewhere I suppose.
:)
Only a rat can win the rat race.

MrMik
regular

Post by MrMik » Tue Feb 25, 2014 8:00 pm

Roy_Stewart wrote:Gath is #1 for anyone whose noggin contains vital information.
Agree! :D

I've tried many styles of surf hats, they all suck compared to a helmet.

The helmet stays on and you can just forget about it, no impedance of vision.

Shame they don't make the half-visor model any longer, it's the best one.

Lately I've tried out the one with flip-down sunglass-visor, it takes a bit of getting used to. One more thing to do whilst scrambling to catch a wave: Flip the visor up. But it does protect your scalp as well as your eyes from sunburn. The impact protection is just an added bonus.

Shaunm
Snowy McAllister

Post by Shaunm » Wed Mar 12, 2014 7:20 pm

Easier to mount your Go-Pro on a helmet.
Have a couple of hats best one is cap with mesh top. Never comes off when I do the chin strap up
Never confuse ambition with ability

Natho
barnacle

Post by Natho » Thu Mar 13, 2014 3:53 pm

Get a trucker style cap (with the mesh at the back).
Tie a simple chin cord around it with one of those gidgets that you press and it slides up a down to tighten (often found on sleeping bag covers or similar).
Now go surfing with the khunt on.
Better sun protection that those stupid midget peak surf hats that give zero protection to your face. Plus you will look way more hip.

Beanpole
That's Not Believable

Post by Beanpole » Thu Mar 13, 2014 10:05 pm

Nitro the kids show host always wears a truckers cap on backwards in the surf. He goes off on the sweet potato. Crazy skateboard moves.
Put your big boy pants on
I mean, tastebuds? WGAF?