Firewire Sweet Potato - decent for a newb?

A place for longboarders, eggers, fish riders... if alternative surfcraft is your game, here's the place to chat about it

Moderators: collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, Shari, the kalakau kid, Forum Moderators

PeepeelaPew
Huey's Right Hand

Re: Firewire Sweet Potato - decent for a newb?

Post by PeepeelaPew » Thu May 02, 2013 4:14 pm

Last edited by PeepeelaPew on Wed May 22, 2013 10:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

Natho
barnacle

Post by Natho » Fri May 03, 2013 4:22 pm

I put a couple of Taj's own boards under my arm and had a look for myself. They were PU boards painted up.I'm sure he probably rides standard Firewires as well but these were PUs with a stringer. It was a couple of years ago now but also have it from good sources to the point where Taj was frustrated with inconsistency of the Firewire product. He has been riding plenty of other shapers boards as many of em do. Also there was a surf shop selling ex Taj Firewires for a while. Had a good look at a couple and they were nothing like the Taj pop outs you buy off the rack ESP in the rail and foil department. Mind you the ones off the rack would suit the average hacker so I guess there is some sense in it like a lot of 'pro models'.
To be honest I don't really give two hairy twats what Taj rides, it's just that people need to look past all the mass marketing BS. That was my point.

PeepeelaPew
Huey's Right Hand

Post by PeepeelaPew » Fri May 03, 2013 4:24 pm

Last edited by PeepeelaPew on Wed May 22, 2013 10:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

Natho
barnacle

Post by Natho » Fri May 03, 2013 4:48 pm

At first it could well have been a rumour . The industry is full of rumours but I saw first hand what I saw. That said it may have just been some sort of trial he was doing with Firewire at the time. Im sure they try all sorts of things with his boards as most shapers do with their team.

Cuttlefish
barnacle

Post by Cuttlefish » Sat May 04, 2013 10:11 am

Terry Fitzgerald said, "For most surfers, its a bottom turn, two turns and a wipeout to get them through the week."
The hackers are the majority.
Only a rat can win the rat race.

Davros
Snowy McAllister

Post by Davros » Sat May 04, 2013 4:57 pm

Did he mean every wave?

Couple of years back was talking a guy in the car park at Sandbar and he pulled out a spanking new Firewire and said "unbreakable" 90 mins later shaking his head in fury he was pulling the fins out of a snapped board. Oh yeah it was 3 ft!!

Cuttlefish
barnacle

Post by Cuttlefish » Sat May 04, 2013 6:50 pm

"Unbreakable" pfhtt, what a stooge.
That quote is from the surf flick, Believe, with Rasta, Dvs, Fitzy and sons and so on.
Only a rat can win the rat race.