SUP's

A place for longboarders, eggers, fish riders... if alternative surfcraft is your game, here's the place to chat about it

Moderators: collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, Shari, the kalakau kid, Forum Moderators

Trev
Huey's Right Hand

Re: SUP's

Post by Trev » Thu Dec 19, 2013 5:30 pm

fongss wrote:Well my verdict is in :arrow:
U can surf them more hp than a mal (given design)

And the mal crew hate me
There big board advantage is gone
They cant beat me....I usually kick out once past them and let the kid's on shortys finally get a point wave.

It b interested in seeing just how quickly the mal crew abandon there logs
For all the soul and spirit they wank on about
Most ride mals purely cause they catch more waves
Well
Used too :-o
I might ban you for Christmas. :-)( :(
Beanpole
You aren’t the room Yuke You are just a wonky cafe table with a missing rubber pad on the end of one leg.

Skipper
I still don't buy the "official" narrative about 9/11. Oh sure, it happened, fcuk yeah. But who and why and how I'm, not convinced it was what we've been told.

Morgan The Moon
Local

Post by Morgan The Moon » Thu Dec 19, 2013 6:19 pm

My missus made the whole family try it for her birthday, on the local Lagoon. She loved it. The next weekend I was driving up to QLD to pick up some second hand boards.

Lovin' it. Haven't taken it out to the surf yet, just the Lagoon and the Haven. I come away thinking I've done no exercise but I've got that salty rain and I ache like a bugger - in a nice way.

On the haven this morning I paddled over a fnucking HUGE stingray, would never have seen it if I didn't have that viewpoint.

It's not easy, I found the balancing in the small swell pretty challenging but I'm loving just paddling across the lagoons - no swell, no worries. No crowds either. I'll reserve judgment on the surfing, but as a flat day alternative it's a winner.

Cuttlefish
barnacle

Post by Cuttlefish » Thu Dec 19, 2013 7:17 pm

Flat water and bays with offshore exploration on sups are fun.
Good if you've got kids too.
I see they are exploding in popularity in the Noosa lineups.
Only a rat can win the rat race.

Beerfan

Post by Beerfan » Sat Dec 21, 2013 8:40 am

For flat water paddling and kids, what are the cheaper ones like?, anyone know?. I'm waiting for the prices to come down a bit before getting one ( yeah I'm tight! ). I have no interest in surfing them, but having one would get me on the water a lot more.

A friend has a $1000 combo one, the board is fine, but the paddle snapped, although he is 6'6" and not small.

I do love the vision you get into the water, pretty cool to see what's underneath you haha.

Trev
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Trev » Sat Dec 21, 2013 12:21 pm

Beerfan wrote:For flat water paddling and kids, what are the cheaper ones like?, anyone know?. I'm waiting for the prices to come down a bit before getting one ( yeah I'm tight! ). I have no interest in surfing them, but having one would get me on the water a lot more.

A friend has a $1000 combo one, the board is fine, but the paddle snapped, although he is 6'6" and not small.

I do love the vision you get into the water, pretty cool to see what's underneath you haha.
If what Nick says is right, there'll be plenty of cheap second hand ones around before long.
:oops: Maybe it wasn't Nick, but someone suggested the fad would drop back amongst all the wannabes before long.
Beanpole
You aren’t the room Yuke You are just a wonky cafe table with a missing rubber pad on the end of one leg.

Skipper
I still don't buy the "official" narrative about 9/11. Oh sure, it happened, fcuk yeah. But who and why and how I'm, not convinced it was what we've been told.

Morgan The Moon
Local

Post by Morgan The Moon » Sat Dec 21, 2013 4:10 pm

I picked up a second handy for 1k and a paddle for another 100. That's still expensive, but I haven't been able to get my missus interested in the water for over 20 years - in the past 6 days we've been out morning and night.

There are some decent second hand ones around, if you look you'll find 'em. Maybe after summer there'll be a flood of them on the market.

alakaboo
Huey's Right Hand

Post by alakaboo » Wed Dec 25, 2013 9:05 pm

Got given a SUP for Christmas, pretty stoked. Got attachment spots for fishing crate bungys and everything.

steve shearer
BUTTONMEISTER

Post by steve shearer » Thu Dec 26, 2013 6:19 am

there's shit tons of QLD'ers in town with SUPs on the roof right now.

I don;t think most of them realise there is a zero tolerance policy for SUPs in most Lennox line-ups.

I smell a riot.
I want Nightclub Dwight dead in his grave I want the nice-nice up in blazes

Trev
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Trev » Thu Dec 26, 2013 6:54 am

^^^
Good.
Shoot 'em all and burn their SUPs. 3-)
Beanpole

Skipper

Natho
barnacle

Post by Natho » Thu Dec 26, 2013 10:02 am

Tis not just Lennox that is having a holiday SUP issue. At my local break we are sick and tired of the dangerous, out of control wave hogging fukz on SUPs. Someone is seriously going to get killed by one of these goons this summer who insist on riding straight through the middle of everyone.
It is all out war. The idea is to mow them down in the car parks before they have a chance to leave their luxury SUVs and make it to the water line. This is all out war.

Morgan The Moon
Local

Post by Morgan The Moon » Thu Dec 26, 2013 7:36 pm

Watch it unfold, the kookocracy in all it's glory (http://forum.realsurf.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=8644).

Beanpole
That's Not Believable

Post by Beanpole » Fri Dec 27, 2013 10:39 am

fongss wrote:Well my verdict is in :arrow:
U can surf them more hp than a mal (given design)

And the mal crew hate me
There big board advantage is gone
They cant beat me....I usually kick out once past them and let the kid's on shortys finally get a point wave.
:-o
i.E. When the wave gets a bit steep?
Put your big boy pants on
I mean, tastebuds? WGAF?

Natho
barnacle

Post by Natho » Mon Jun 23, 2014 12:48 pm

These SUP things are getting a bit out of control IMO.

watched two kooks yesterday trying to surf their SUPs through the middle of a crowded line up, just putting everyones life in danger. Sure enough 10 min later a bloke is walking up the beach dripping with blood, with the front of his forehead ripped open. One of the idiots let his SUP go and clocked this poor bloke in the head, sending him off to hospital. It was an accident just waiting to happen.
If you ride an SUP through a crowded line up you are a dead set IDIOT.

Beerfan

Post by Beerfan » Mon Jun 23, 2014 1:39 pm

Natho wrote:These SUP things are getting a bit out of control IMO.

watched two kooks yesterday trying to surf their SUPs through the middle of a crowded line up, just putting everyones life in danger. Sure enough 10 min later a bloke is walking up the beach dripping with blood, with the front of his forehead ripped open. One of the idiots let his SUP go and clocked this poor bloke in the head, sending him off to hospital. It was an accident just waiting to happen.
If you ride an SUP through a crowded line up you are a dead set IDIOT.
You could have zero surf sense at all, and you'd still realise that wobbling through a line up on one of those is dangerous and ridiculous. I don't understand, surely these idiots would think " hmmm I've only been doing this a few weeks, maybe it's a good idea to stay out of peoples way until I at least get the control of this thing?". You don't have to know anything about surfing to realise how stupid and dangerous that is.

Can't believe that attitude.

SURFFOILS
regular

Post by SURFFOILS » Sun Jun 29, 2014 6:28 am

Just rode one yesterday at Club Mona ( Mona Vale ), first impression is that it's not surfing, doesn't even feel like I have any connection with the subtleties of the water. I know people ride Pipeline on them but the thickness and the XXXL dims make them so unlikeable in the surf for all concerned.
Maybe SUPs are for people who can't surf / too fat / too old / the infirm / or like to catch waves before they exist.
If God takes away all the SUPs, I'll give him Justin Bieber for free.

Cuttlefish
barnacle

Post by Cuttlefish » Sun Jun 29, 2014 1:09 pm

That sups exist is proof that there is no god! :evil:

Trev
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Trev » Sun Jun 29, 2014 2:15 pm

Cuttlefish wrote:That sups exist is proof that there is no god! :evil:
Or at least it's proof there is a devil.
Beanpole

Skipper

Cuttlefish
barnacle

Post by Cuttlefish » Sun Jun 29, 2014 4:17 pm

No devil if no God!
Since the devil is supposed to be a fallen angel.
Or a longboarder turned SUP'er!
#*!