Fish Fry 2012

A place for longboarders, eggers, fish riders... if alternative surfcraft is your game, here's the place to chat about it

Moderators: collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, Shari, the kalakau kid, Forum Moderators

carvin marvin
charger

Fish Fry 2012

Post by carvin marvin » Fri Mar 16, 2012 12:17 pm

Here is a link to lots of photos on Tree to Sea.
http://www.grainsurf.com/forum/viewtopi ... 507#p37507

Jorgo
Local

Re: Fish Fry 2012

Post by Jorgo » Sat Mar 17, 2012 6:44 pm

Thanks Marvin - I was there but didnt have a camera or phone with me so was wondering where these might come up
Cuttles - that board I refered to in another topic was called the Cuttlefish and in the link that Marvin provided its probably the fourth last pic - only caprures the Grey tailed Quad with wide area (just like a cuttlefish) and curved fins - twas sweet lookin as were so so many of the others.
Those Diverse ones at the end were cork over ??? and only covered with a sealer of some kind. Rationale was that the use corks in wine and its getting wet all the time with nor real issue :?

feraldave
Grommet

Post by feraldave » Sat Mar 17, 2012 9:20 pm

Jorgo wrote:Thanks Marvin - I was there but didnt have a camera or phone with me so was wondering where these might come up
Cuttles - that board I refered to in another topic was called the Cuttlefish and in the link that Marvin provided its probably the fourth last pic - only caprures the Grey tailed Quad with wide area (just like a cuttlefish) and curved fins - twas sweet lookin as were so so many of the others.
Those Diverse ones at the end were cork over ??? and only covered with a sealer of some kind. Rationale was that the use corks in wine and its getting wet all the time with nor real issue :?
i was hoping i could educate folks to what i was doing with the cork...
it was fully exposed with no sealer over it. the reason i use it was for dampening. it also provides some low impact dent resistance and provides a wax free surface or very little wax needed.

Yuke Hunt
Duke Status

Post by Yuke Hunt » Sat Mar 17, 2012 9:43 pm

feraldave wrote: i was hoping i could educate folks to what i was doing with the cork...
it was fully exposed with no sealer over it. the reason i use it was for dampening. it also provides some low impact dent resistance and provides a wax free surface or very little wax needed.
The wine makers on mass ... have moved away from cork ... and wax ... the preference being for screw tops ... got any boards with screw tops.
The moving finger writes and having writ moves on ... now all thy piety nor wit shall lure it back to cancel even half a line ... nor all thy tears wash out a single word of it.

Cuttlefish
barnacle

Post by Cuttlefish » Sun Mar 18, 2012 5:07 am

Thanks Marvin for posting the link.
And Jorgo for pointing out my namesake.
I almost went...but my will is not good so I stayed right away. :lol:
Especially when Dave's bringing intriguing boards like the yellow and orange assymetrical. :idea:
Only a rat can win the rat race.

carvin marvin
charger

Post by carvin marvin » Sun Mar 18, 2012 7:17 am

Grant Newby the guy that organizes the day has a website with more pics and there is a good vid of a classic day at Rincon that is worth checking, couple of surfers in vid with good carving flowing styles.
http://thealleyfishfry.blogspot.com.au/
The thing I like about the fish fry and seeing all the boards together is that it gives a bit of a snapshot of the changing surfboard trends from year to year.

daryl
Huey's Right Hand

Post by daryl » Sun Mar 18, 2012 11:29 am

Womble wrote:
feraldave wrote: i was hoping i could educate folks to what i was doing with the cork...
The wine makers on mass ... have moved away from cork ... and wax ... the preference being for screw tops ... got any boards with screw tops.
keep the price lower, you'd hope