Loggin' contests

A place for longboarders, eggers, fish riders... if alternative surfcraft is your game, here's the place to chat about it

Moderators: collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, Shari, the kalakau kid, Forum Moderators

WANDERER
Owl status

Loggin' contests

Post by WANDERER » Wed Mar 14, 2012 11:37 am

Seems that my wishes for something other than high performance surfing in longboard contests have been answered.
Just checking out the Noosa festival website and I coud see there that there is another division added this year based around logging, having seen that my mind moved to this years Snowy contest at Manly, having been tardy with my entry previously I was keen not to miss out this time round.
To my surprise it seems that not only is the Snowy now a Pro-Am, but it has also included the "log" division. For me and I hope many others this is a very pleasing development, I've made it pretty clear in the past that I thought the criteria for longboard surfing contests was cactus and that it resulted in ugly short board mimicry, I hold high hopes that these divisions re-ignite some passion in the longboard contest scene.

Here's a link for the Snowy log criteria, I wished there was more on the actually judging criteria, if anyone has access to what the judging criteria is I'd love to hear it or see it; http://www.mmbc.info/site_folders/140/LOG%20SPECS.pdf
Last edited by WANDERER on Thu Mar 22, 2012 11:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

Roy_Stewart
barnacle

Re: Loggin' contests

Post by Roy_Stewart » Wed Mar 14, 2012 5:52 pm

Great stuff I'm in... just add 'no noseriding' and change the weight requirement toa minimum of 12 kg please...

Seriously though 10 kg should be the minimum, either that or 1/7th of the rider weight.

otway1949
barnacle

Post by otway1949 » Wed Mar 14, 2012 10:46 pm

Mine will 14Kgs thought weight divisions for the riders could be an interesting side to competing, don't really hold with competing, so it's just a thought!
Jaffa, I'm opinionated, and I'm sometimes right. So?

Roy_Stewart
barnacle

Post by Roy_Stewart » Thu Mar 15, 2012 7:23 am

Yeah it sucks, 15 minutes in the water, air horns etc.

moondoggie
regular

Post by moondoggie » Thu Mar 15, 2012 9:46 am

Roy_Stewart wrote:Yeah I sucks, 15 minutes horn etc.
Free Quotes?? :shock:

8)
"I JUST SPENT 6 MONTHS BUYING LEAKY BOATS
2O MILLION BUYING BOATS
GLOBAL WARMINGS CRAP
SO BURNING 'EMS JUST ANOTHER 20 MILLION UP IN SMOKE"
Apologies to Tim Finn

marcus_h
charger

Post by marcus_h » Thu Mar 15, 2012 8:01 pm

I like those rules.

Should also add to it: if you don't get on the nose for at least one prolonged nose-ride your score will be zero

Trev
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Trev » Thu Mar 15, 2012 8:20 pm

marcus_h wrote:I like those rules.

Should also add to it: if you don't get on the nose for at least one prolonged nose-ride your score will be zero
marcus, the emphasis on nose riding has come in the new era. Sure we rode the nose back then but it didn't happen on every wave. Not even "nearly" every wave.
I agree it should be part of the whole process but I'm not sure making it compulsory in any way would be in the spirit of the way it used to be, which I think these rules are meant to apply to.
There were plenty of riders who almost never rode the nose but consistently scored well in comps because they chose to do other things on the wave.
Me? I wish I was as light as I was then and I could still hit the nose with ease. :oops:
Beanpole
You aren’t the room Yuke You are just a wonky cafe table with a missing rubber pad on the end of one leg.

Skipper
I still don't buy the "official" narrative about 9/11. Oh sure, it happened, fcuk yeah. But who and why and how I'm, not convinced it was what we've been told.

Roy_Stewart
barnacle

Post by Roy_Stewart » Fri Mar 16, 2012 7:37 am

Well said Trev.

I think that the goal should be to get one point per wave no more no less.