Cutbacks on a longboard

A place for longboarders, eggers, fish riders... if alternative surfcraft is your game, here's the place to chat about it

Moderators: collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, Shari, the kalakau kid, Forum Moderators

giba-giga

Re: Cutbacks on a longboard

Post by giba-giga » Sun Nov 06, 2011 2:15 pm

This thread is great, it is a wind up though isn't? Buzzy asks how to do a cutback and the thread mutates into Joel Tudor and Bonga Perkins can't longboard properly!!!!! You are kidding me!

Buzzy if you want to know how to do a cutback watch One California Day some great logging in that flick apparently Joel Tudor is not too flash but there are some other guys who go OK!!!!!!!

Logging is about glide and having a smile on your dial........my disclaimer is that I am not actually a real logger I just pull my little piggie out on knee to waist high days and my trademark move is standing in the middle of the board with my feet parrallel to the stringer....it's my Christ the Redeemer move...might not be cool but a lot of fun. It's easy to turn and control the board (learnt that trick from Nick Carrol's book).

Roy Stewart: take aim and fire, you were clearly born to entertain so please grace us with some more of your gems
“If you count your chickens before they've hatched, they won't lay an egg.”

Cuttlefish
barnacle

Post by Cuttlefish » Sun Nov 06, 2011 4:49 pm

Here's a a gem from Roy...
"I'm not a shaper. Shapers are gay foam scraping hairdressers".
:shock: :lol: :oops: :wink:
Only a rat can win the rat race.

Roy_Stewart
barnacle

Post by Roy_Stewart » Sun Nov 06, 2011 5:07 pm

Thankyou Cuttlefish.

kayu
Local

Post by kayu » Sun Nov 06, 2011 5:21 pm

Giba-giga , nothin wrong with the old Chriso- Redentor !

Cuttlefish
barnacle

Post by Cuttlefish » Sun Nov 06, 2011 8:03 pm

Roy_Stewart wrote:Thankyou Cuttlefish.
It's a gem of derision.
Unfortunately I couldn't find the quote in it's entirety and didn't want to chance a mis-quote by relying on my memory.
I thought it was in the planing area thread on Surfer mag.
I really wish Thomo had actually addressed my simple questions I put to him about his rails/foil.
Only a rat can win the rat race.

Roy_Stewart
barnacle

Post by Roy_Stewart » Mon Nov 07, 2011 9:27 am

"Of course I'm not a shaper, shapers are gay foam scraping hairdressers who reside in the fashion industry.

I make better boards than they do!"

http://forum.surfermag.com/forum/showfl ... =1&fpart=1

kayu
Local

Post by kayu » Mon Nov 07, 2011 10:22 am

Roy_Stewart wrote:"Of course I'm not a shaper, shapers are gay foam scraping hairdressers who reside in the fashion industry.

Actually Roy, you are renowned more for your forum antics , rather than making surfboards..... :?

Trev
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Trev » Mon Nov 07, 2011 11:24 am

kayu wrote:
Roy_Stewart wrote:"Of course I'm not a shaper, shapers are gay foam scraping hairdressers who reside in the fashion industry.

Actually Roy, you are renowned more for your forum antics , rather than making surfboards..... :?
^^^^^^

Spot on kayu.

A bit like Anthony Mundine in fact. :oops:
Beanpole
You aren’t the room Yuke You are just a wonky cafe table with a missing rubber pad on the end of one leg.

Skipper
I still don't buy the "official" narrative about 9/11. Oh sure, it happened, fcuk yeah. But who and why and how I'm, not convinced it was what we've been told.

Roy_Stewart
barnacle

Post by Roy_Stewart » Mon Nov 07, 2011 1:14 pm

kayu wrote:

The facts are against you on that score, but let's talk about you for a change... . you are a jealous, unintelligent untalented hack with a chip on his shoulder in my opinion.

That's just a preview of your poor character traits later if we have enough time we could discuss your inherited faults ( the ones which you can't change)

:P

kayu
Local

Post by kayu » Mon Nov 07, 2011 1:37 pm

....a bit rarked there Roy.... :lol: ...and I thought you were a seeker of the truth !

Trev
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Trev » Mon Nov 07, 2011 2:05 pm

kayu wrote:....a bit rarked there Roy.... :lol: ...and I thought you were a seeker of the truth !
Only the truth according to Roy.
Beanpole
You aren’t the room Yuke You are just a wonky cafe table with a missing rubber pad on the end of one leg.

Skipper
I still don't buy the "official" narrative about 9/11. Oh sure, it happened, fcuk yeah. But who and why and how I'm, not convinced it was what we've been told.

giba-giga

Post by giba-giga » Mon Nov 07, 2011 2:18 pm

Roy after reading your quote in full I have to ask, are you David Icke and Geoff McCoy s love child??? :shock:

Is the (surf) world controlled by three large reptillian alien families and is Kelly Slater really an alien put here to delude us and harvest our cash????
:idea:

It makes sense....the five fins...banana boards....the wizard sleeve.... :lol:

Sorry buzzy, this should be a new thread.
“If you count your chickens before they've hatched, they won't lay an egg.”

kayu
Local

Post by kayu » Mon Nov 07, 2011 2:47 pm

There is inherant problems in the surf industry , but all industries are the same when marketing is involved...... (Roy insists that he's the only one who knows the secret) ...... :roll:

Grooter
Duke Status

Post by Grooter » Mon Nov 07, 2011 3:15 pm

I still live in hope I'll see Roy actually piloting one of his cruise liners in decent surf. By that I mean decent overhead, hopefully double, at somewhere like Sunset or even Bells when it gets really big

All we've seen so far is Roy doing feet together poo stance squatting on knee-high slop

Always reminds me of this :arrow:
some cnut wrote:There are only two real problems that we face in life, knowing what we want but being unable to know how to get it and/or not knowing what we want
It's possible to hate the filthy world and still love it with an abstract pitying love

Trev
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Trev » Mon Nov 07, 2011 3:21 pm

^^^
There's a bit of elegance in that old ship Hatchy. :wink:
And it's not pink. :roll:
Beanpole

Skipper

Roy_Stewart
barnacle

Post by Roy_Stewart » Mon Nov 07, 2011 6:26 pm

kayu wrote:
There is inherant problems in the surf industry
Your poor grammar reveals a problem with your logical mind i.e. it doesn't work very well.

For your information it's 'are problems' not 'is problems'.

Trev
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Trev » Mon Nov 07, 2011 6:41 pm

Roy_Stewart wrote:
kayu wrote:
Your poor grammar reveals a problem with your logical mind i.e. it doesn't work very well.

It's "inherent", too but doesn't worry me. We can't all have a university degree.
Kayu makes better boards than you do. They're real.
Beanpole

Skipper

Roy_Stewart
barnacle

Post by Roy_Stewart » Mon Nov 07, 2011 6:48 pm

TrevG wrote:
Roy_Stewart wrote:
kayu wrote:

It's "inherent", too but doesn't worry me. We can't all have a university degree.
Kayu makes better boards than you do. They're real.
Poor spelling does not indicate an inability to think logically, whereas the grammatical error does.

Once again you seem to think that some aspects of reality are 'real' while some are not, this indicates a very low level of intelligence.

My longboards are far ahead of Kayu's, his are just regurgitated examples of a 60 year old design mistake.