Earl 10'6" wooden longboard

A place for longboarders, eggers, fish riders... if alternative surfcraft is your game, here's the place to chat about it

Moderators: Shari, collnarra, Butts, the kalakau kid, Forum Moderators

Quangers
Local
Posts: 591
Joined: Fri Mar 07, 2008 8:55 pm
Location: down a secluded bush track

Re: Earl 10'6" wooden longboard

Post by Quangers » Fri Nov 18, 2011 11:06 pm

C'mon Splinters, try and see another's perspective.

BTW I love your craftsmanship, but jeez, open your mind to other designs and possibilities.

Roy_Stewart
barnacle
Posts: 1540
Joined: Sun Mar 14, 2010 4:39 pm

Re: Earl 10'6" wooden longboard

Post by Roy_Stewart » Sat Nov 19, 2011 7:44 am

My designs are the result of doing exactly that... no sense in regressing back to Milabu mode... and just like the wheel some designs can't be improved upon.

.

User avatar
kayu
Local
Posts: 598
Joined: Mon Dec 27, 2010 1:24 pm

Re: Earl 10'6" wooden longboard

Post by kayu » Sat Nov 19, 2011 4:16 pm

Freedom of choice allows you to design and make whatever you like Roy , but acceptance by surfers can only be the result of the performance on offer......novelty value will only get you so far , then it starts working against you......any design that gives a surfer the performance he wants, will endure and never really die, as we've been seeing in recent years.....I think the art world is your only hope. :cry: ( they seem to be comfortable with stupid price tags)

Roy_Stewart
barnacle
Posts: 1540
Joined: Sun Mar 14, 2010 4:39 pm

Re: Earl 10'6" wooden longboard

Post by Roy_Stewart » Sun Nov 20, 2011 7:30 am

kayu wrote:Freedom of choice allows you to design and make whatever you like Roy , but acceptance by surfers can only be the result of the performance on offer......novelty value will only get you so far , then it starts working against you......any design that gives a surfer the performance he wants, will endure and never really die, as we've been seeing in recent years.....I think the art world is your only hope. :cry: ( they seem to be comfortable with stupid price tags)
You are completely deluded, the performance in the water of my boards is far superior, and acceptance from surfers comes through billion dollar marketing campaigns.

User avatar
Trev
Duke Status
Posts: 19513
Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2004 3:11 pm
Location: Any Point Break

Re: Earl 10'6" wooden longboard

Post by Trev » Sun Nov 20, 2011 1:59 pm

Roy_Stewart wrote:My designs are the result of doing exactly that... no sense in regressing back to Milabu mode... and just like the wheel some designs can't be improved upon.

.
Seems to be an unnecessary word there Roy. :wink:
Not like you.
I curse their head & all the hairs of their head; I curse their face, their brain, their mouth, their nose, their tongue, their teeth, their forehead, their shoulders, their breast, their heart, their stomach, their back, their womb, their arms, their legs, their hands, their feet & all their body, from the top of their head to the soles of their feet, before and behind, within and without

User avatar
kayu
Local
Posts: 598
Joined: Mon Dec 27, 2010 1:24 pm

Re: Earl 10'6" wooden longboard

Post by kayu » Sun Nov 20, 2011 3:07 pm

Roy_Stewart wrote:
kayu wrote:Freedom of choice allows you to design and make whatever you like Roy , but acceptance by surfers can only be the result of the performance on offer......novelty value will only get you so far , then it starts working against you......any design that gives a surfer the performance he wants, will endure and never really die, as we've been seeing in recent years.....I think the art world is your only hope. :cry: ( they seem to be comfortable with stupid price tags)
You are completely deluded, the performance in the water of my boards is far superior, and acceptance from surfers comes through billion dollar marketing campaigns.
Thats an illogical conclusion Roy, considering the weight of fact out there. The truth is , on surf forums most people are not influenced so much by surf marketing and make their decisions based on personal preference and experience, quite often far more experience than you have. Maybe you should join some art forums,if you havn't already,and try rattlin some cages there ? It doesn't seem to be workin on surf forums, becuase most people see you comin a mile away.... :?

Roy_Stewart
barnacle
Posts: 1540
Joined: Sun Mar 14, 2010 4:39 pm

Re: Earl 10'6" wooden longboard

Post by Roy_Stewart » Sun Nov 20, 2011 3:15 pm

TrevG wrote:
Roy_Stewart wrote:My designs are the result of doing exactly that... no sense in regressing back to Milabu mode... and just like the wheel some designs can't be improved upon.

.
Seems to be an unnecessary word there Roy. :wink:
Not like you.
Well spotted Mr G

.

Roy_Stewart
barnacle
Posts: 1540
Joined: Sun Mar 14, 2010 4:39 pm

Re: Earl 10'6" wooden longboard

Post by Roy_Stewart » Sun Nov 20, 2011 3:18 pm

kayu wrote:
Roy_Stewart wrote:
kayu wrote:Freedom of choice allows you to design and make whatever you like Roy , but acceptance by surfers can only be the result of the performance on offer......novelty value will only get you so far , then it starts working against you......any design that gives a surfer the performance he wants, will endure and never really die, as we've been seeing in recent years.....I think the art world is your only hope. :cry: ( they seem to be comfortable with stupid price tags)
You are completely deluded, the performance in the water of my boards is far superior, and acceptance from surfers comes through billion dollar marketing campaigns.
Thats an illogical conclusion Roy, considering the weight of fact out there. The truth is , on surf forums most people are not influenced so much by surf marketing and make their decisions based on personal preference and experience, quite often far more experience than you have. Maybe you should join some art forums,if you havn't already,and try rattlin some cages there ? It doesn't seem to be workin on surf forums, becuase most people see you comin a mile away.... :?
Believing your own BS again.

By the way your logic is faulty: I made no logical error


:roll:

User avatar
kayu
Local
Posts: 598
Joined: Mon Dec 27, 2010 1:24 pm

Re: Earl 10'6" wooden longboard

Post by kayu » Sun Nov 20, 2011 3:40 pm

....flawed logic is your "way of life "...if you can fool your self, then you can fool the world !!!!!

Roy_Stewart
barnacle
Posts: 1540
Joined: Sun Mar 14, 2010 4:39 pm

Re: Earl 10'6" wooden longboard

Post by Roy_Stewart » Sun Nov 20, 2011 5:28 pm

Not at all.

If you understood surfing and hydrodynamics there'd be some hope for you but as usual your bitching and moaning is all at the social level and a pretty low one at that.

It's no coincidence that your username translated means "woodenhead"

User avatar
kayu
Local
Posts: 598
Joined: Mon Dec 27, 2010 1:24 pm

Re: Earl 10'6" wooden longboard

Post by kayu » Sun Nov 20, 2011 6:23 pm

Woodenhead ?......I like that....its an apt description... :)= the entrance to my workshop !.. ( the wooden head is carved from a paulownia log I milled last year...... I know , I know ! , it's a dead ringer for Ernie on the muppet show .. )... :lol:
Attachments
001.jpg
Last edited by kayu on Sun Nov 20, 2011 11:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
ULTIMATS
Grommet
Posts: 53
Joined: Sat Oct 22, 2011 12:15 pm

Re: Earl 10'6" wooden longboard

Post by ULTIMATS » Sun Nov 20, 2011 7:43 pm

Nice carving Kayu !
More Innovative Surfmat Building here......

http://ultimatsau.blogspot.com.au/

mustkillmulloway
Owl status
Posts: 4962
Joined: Sat Nov 11, 2006 9:15 pm
Location: i live in a pineapple under the sea

Re: Earl 10'6" wooden longboard

Post by mustkillmulloway » Sun Nov 20, 2011 7:46 pm

very nice kaya 8)

wish i had a office like that :cry:
reginald wrote:Hang on, now all of a sudden I'm the bad guy. How the try again did that happen?

purple pyramids
barnacle
Posts: 1686
Joined: Mon Nov 24, 2008 8:01 pm
Location: Devil Gate Drive

Re: Earl 10'6" wooden longboard

Post by purple pyramids » Mon Nov 21, 2011 7:03 pm

what do you mean by logical error? logically correct?

to claim that you made no logical error does not entail that the conclusion of your argument is true. just as to say that someone else's argument is not logically correct does not entail that their conclusion is false.

a logically correct argument just means a valid argument. and validity has nothing to do with truth - that is the realm of soundness. are you claiming that your argument is merely valid? or do you mean "sound" when you say "logically correct"?
Roy_Stewart wrote: By the way your logic is faulty: I made no logical error

Roy_Stewart
barnacle
Posts: 1540
Joined: Sun Mar 14, 2010 4:39 pm

Re: Earl 10'6" wooden longboard

Post by Roy_Stewart » Mon Nov 21, 2011 8:59 pm

Kayu alleged that my logic was faulty but actually:

a) his argument was itself faulty and

b) I had made no logical error.

I did not state that Kayu's illogical argument entailed that my argument is logical, or that the the conclusion is true... they are so, but quite independently of anything kayu says.

User avatar
kayu
Local
Posts: 598
Joined: Mon Dec 27, 2010 1:24 pm

Re: Earl 10'6" wooden longboard

Post by kayu » Mon Nov 21, 2011 9:59 pm

Roy , do you get some kind of search engine advantage if you drag your forum threads out as long as possible with moronic arguements ?...I can see no other logical reason why you would continually make such a dick out of yourself in public on 3 or 4 different forums at once... :?

User avatar
offshore1
Snowy McAllister
Posts: 9139
Joined: Fri Aug 26, 2005 12:40 am

Re: Earl 10'6" wooden longboard

Post by offshore1 » Tue Nov 22, 2011 1:31 am

^^^brilliant, really , in a deranged insane way.
ajohnsen wrote: My tertiary education has been a bit like a blind woman with sudden onset diarrhea in a bathroom accessories showroom.

Roy_Stewart
barnacle
Posts: 1540
Joined: Sun Mar 14, 2010 4:39 pm

Re: Earl 10'6" wooden longboard

Post by Roy_Stewart » Tue Nov 22, 2011 7:08 am

kayu wrote:Roy , do you get some kind of search engine advantage if you drag your forum threads out as long as possible with moronic arguements ?...I can see no other logical reason why you would continually make such a dick out of yourself in public on 3 or 4 different forums at once... :?
Threads generally get longer as I reply as reasonably and/or wittily as possible to moronic input from the likes of yourself.

Your current argument is based on two fallacies.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests