Fin choice

A place for longboarders, eggers, fish riders... if alternative surfcraft is your game, here's the place to chat about it

Moderators: collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, Shari, the kalakau kid, Forum Moderators

Beerfan

Re: Fin choice

Post by Beerfan » Sat Dec 17, 2011 7:21 pm

Shit pete, i've already bought $100 worth of malted barley and now you post this!!. My wife is gunna be pissed. Well, she wouldn't normally be, but i have no frigging idea what ot get her for chrissy, and i've told her a few times!. This might tip me over the edge!. Doing overtime on tues, so i guess that cash all goes to her xmas pressy!!

Lard Lad
regular

Post by Lard Lad » Sat Dec 17, 2011 7:40 pm

Knock her up wands and she'll prolly let ya!

otway1949
barnacle

Post by otway1949 » Sat Dec 17, 2011 8:31 pm

Beerfan wrote:Shit pete, i've already bought $100 worth of malted barley and now you post this!!. My wife is gunna be pissed. Well, she wouldn't normally be, but i have no frigging idea what ot get her for chrissy, and i've told her a few times!. This might tip me over the edge!. Doing overtime on tues, so i guess that cash all goes to her xmas pressy!!
My choice is Bruichladdich or at pinch Glen Fiddich, some of the Islay stuff I find a little to peaty, so what ones yours :?: :D
Jaffa, I'm opinionated, and I'm sometimes right. So?

Beerfan

Post by Beerfan » Sat Dec 17, 2011 9:06 pm

Im the drinker of the two of us, so grog, no matter how expensive/worthy wouldn't be appreciated. Besides, she loves my hefe weizens, and koelsh's. She loves handbags, but she has heaps already. A ticket to a gig might do the trick. Just gotta find a punk band touring early next year. hmmmmm

otway1949
barnacle

Post by otway1949 » Sat Dec 31, 2011 3:53 pm

I thought the C drive fins were great but I'm finding the Bonzer set really have upped my surfing remarkably.
Yesterday in small bar waves I was able to sustain a long barrel ride on a reverse Kirra like wave tucked in high enough to make it and even feel the foamball effect, I haven't had that often on a mal, was able to adjust and make the wave. Guys I normally surf with called it one of the best they have ever seen from me >><< Anumber of rides like that, I certainly felt it, today continued from where I left off.

Bonzer is bonzer :D :D

Quangers
Local

Post by Quangers » Tue Jan 10, 2012 9:45 pm

Beerfan wrote:Im the drinker of the two of us, so grog, no matter how expensive/worthy wouldn't be appreciated. Besides, she loves my hefe weizens, and koelsh's. She loves handbags, but she has heaps already. A ticket to a gig might do the trick. Just gotta find a punk band touring early next year. hmmmmm
The Pogues :?: :idea:

WANDERER
Owl status

Post by WANDERER » Tue Jan 10, 2012 10:09 pm

Quangers wrote:
Beerfan wrote:Im the drinker of the two of us, so grog, no matter how expensive/worthy wouldn't be appreciated. Besides, she loves my hefe weizens, and koelsh's. She loves handbags, but she has heaps already. A ticket to a gig might do the trick. Just gotta find a punk band touring early next year. hmmmmm
The Bronx

otway1949
barnacle

Post by otway1949 » Thu Jan 12, 2012 10:36 pm

WANDERER wrote:
Quangers wrote:
The Bronx
Cheers

WANDERER
Owl status

Post by WANDERER » Fri Mar 23, 2012 11:25 am

I swapped out my thruster setup on the 8'0" Diverse widowmaker for a true 2+1; 8.5" single dolphin fin + GL side bights - much prefered it like this, really nice flow and a real determination with nice release off the top for a big single, but yeah, the flow of the board through manouvres and the drive off the bottom was very nice, looking forward to another go tomorrow.
I reckon 8.5" is probably over kill, but I had that fin lying around so thought I'd give it a go.
I'm gonna look at acquiring a 7.5" Takayama finger fin, though the price is a bit hefty :?
I had a 9.5 finger fin in my 9'6" wilde a few years back and it went brilliant.

http://www.hawaiianprodesigns.com.au/Fi ... ayama.html

WANDERER
Owl status

Post by WANDERER » Mon Mar 26, 2012 1:07 pm

Just found this pic from Friday morning; me on my 8'0" Diverse SG Widowmaker with the 2+1 setup;
http://www.wozthatyou.com/wozthatyoudeewhy23032012028

daryl
Huey's Right Hand

Post by daryl » Mon Mar 26, 2012 3:28 pm

WANDERER wrote:Just found this pic from Friday morning; me on my 8'0" Diverse SG Widowmaker with the 2+1 setup;
http://www.wozthatyou.com/wozthatyoudeewhy23032012028
:D Yeah!

Jorgo
Local

Post by Jorgo » Mon Mar 26, 2012 6:11 pm

Wands - whats the bottom on that baby? I'm making and 8 footer at present 2 plus 1 setup -and toying with a few options bottom wise. Just from the look of the planshape in your photo (thanks for having so much board out of the water) it/mine might be similar

Beerfan

Post by Beerfan » Mon Mar 26, 2012 7:32 pm

Nice stuff Wands!!.

The bottom on my 7'2'' SG ( same model but smaller ) seems to be light single to double concave vee. Works well.