Gonna be busy at Alex this weekend.........

A place for longboarders, eggers, fish riders... if alternative surfcraft is your game, here's the place to chat about it

Moderators: collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, Shari, the kalakau kid, Forum Moderators

Trev
Huey's Right Hand

Gonna be busy at Alex this weekend.........

Post by Trev » Fri Jun 10, 2011 7:45 pm

Last year's finalists at Alex.

On the right, in blue is marcus_h. Not marcus of the newcastle fame. marcus_h of the charity rally.

This story from, of all things, the local property magazine. :shock:

Beanpole
You aren’t the room Yuke You are just a wonky cafe table with a missing rubber pad on the end of one leg.

Skipper
I still don't buy the "official" narrative about 9/11. Oh sure, it happened, fcuk yeah. But who and why and how I'm, not convinced it was what we've been told.

marcus_h
charger

Re: Gonna be busy at Alex this weekend.........

Post by marcus_h » Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:44 am

We had such shit surf in the final. And yeah weird place for that article

Trev
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Trev » Mon Jun 13, 2011 12:05 pm

How'd you go this year marcus?

Had Inside Billy down our way this morning.
Beanpole
You aren’t the room Yuke You are just a wonky cafe table with a missing rubber pad on the end of one leg.

Skipper
I still don't buy the "official" narrative about 9/11. Oh sure, it happened, fcuk yeah. But who and why and how I'm, not convinced it was what we've been told.

marcus_h
charger

Post by marcus_h » Mon Jun 13, 2011 4:50 pm

Didn't enter this year trev, bit over comps.

Bill is a top bloke

Trev
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Trev » Mon Jun 13, 2011 9:45 pm

marcus_h wrote:
Bill is a top bloke
Yeah. I agree. He knowsa heap of the teachers I surf with down my way. Always made me welcome when I've turned up at your local. Never agro. Just gets on with it.
Beanpole

Skipper

pridmore
Owl status

Post by pridmore » Tue Jun 14, 2011 11:49 am

that kiwi Bill ???
know why you can be over comps, got seriously rorted in semis of the retro :evil:

SDC
regular

Post by SDC » Tue Jun 14, 2011 3:30 pm

Good old "powder puff point", I wished I'd surfed it back in the day when that photo was taken that appears in the magazine above. check out the lack of development there.

Does anyone know when that photo was taken.

Trev
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Trev » Tue Jun 14, 2011 4:34 pm

pridmore wrote:that kiwi Bill ???
know why you can be over comps, got seriously rorted in semis of the retro :evil:
Nope. He's called "Inside Bill" because he generally takes off deeper than everyone else and mostly makes it. Got something to do with computers or other equipment at one of the schools (Sienna?)
Wears a white cap.
Beanpole

Skipper

Trev
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Trev » Tue Jun 14, 2011 4:36 pm

SDC wrote:Good old "powder puff point", I wished I'd surfed it back in the day when that photo was taken that appears in the magazine above. check out the lack of development there.

Does anyone know when that photo was taken.
Early 1920's
Beanpole

Skipper

SDC
regular

Post by SDC » Tue Jun 14, 2011 4:47 pm

Thanks Trev,

Even looks like Pinnies is on the northern side of the Maroochy River. I wonder how many times since the 1920's that Pinnies has actually been joined to the southern side of the rivermouth.

Trev
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Trev » Tue Jun 14, 2011 4:59 pm

SDC wrote:Thanks Trev,

Even looks like Pinnies is on the northern side of the Maroochy River. I wonder how many times since the 1920's that Pinnies has actually been joined to the southern side of the rivermouth.
There were three more pics in the article. I'll scan them and post them up.
Beanpole

Skipper

Trev
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Trev » Tue Jun 14, 2011 7:23 pm

Beanpole

Skipper