Where's the mal thread?

A place for longboarders, eggers, fish riders... if alternative surfcraft is your game, here's the place to chat about it

Moderators: collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, Shari, the kalakau kid, Forum Moderators

Beerfan

Where's the mal thread?

Post by Beerfan » Sun Apr 10, 2011 7:30 pm

Did it get canned? Spewin, i just bought my first one :D

otway1949
barnacle

Re: Where's the mal thread?

Post by otway1949 » Sun Apr 10, 2011 8:51 pm

You've logged in now. :D Consider yourself onboard :!:
Jaffa, I'm opinionated, and I'm sometimes right. So?

WANDERER
Owl status

Post by WANDERER » Sun Apr 10, 2011 10:30 pm

photos and description or stfu! :lol:

Welcome to the fold.

Beerfan

Post by Beerfan » Mon Apr 11, 2011 6:47 am

All will be revealed by the weekend or next week. :D

Yuke Hunt
Duke Status

Post by Yuke Hunt » Mon Apr 11, 2011 8:30 am

WANDERER wrote:photos and description or stfu! :lol:
Grammatically incorrect Wands ... the terminology of picks or shut the fcuk up ... has been replaced by the simple abbreviation ... POSTFU ... :shock:
The moving finger writes and having writ moves on ... now all thy piety nor wit shall lure it back to cancel even half a line ... nor all thy tears wash out a single word of it.

WANDERER
Owl status

Post by WANDERER » Mon Apr 11, 2011 2:06 pm

Womble wrote:
WANDERER wrote:photos and description or stfu! :lol:
Grammatically incorrect Wands ... the terminology of picks or shut the fcuk up ... has been replaced by the simple abbreviation ... POSTFU ... :shock:

Dang nabbit! what's the world coming to...

Beerfan

Post by Beerfan » Tue Apr 12, 2011 11:23 am

Its a 9'1 x 18n x 22 x 14t x 3'' jackson. Got it on evilbay. Picked it up and it is almost new!, very happy. I have pics but i can't find the little cord to upload just yet. When i get the cord i'll upload pics. Already had the first logistical nightmare. Its too long to stand upright in the garage, so had to fully rearrange the board rack in the garage to fit it haha. Im busting to surf it. I have a corolla though, so this arvo when the wife gets home i'll see if it fits ( probably not, prob have to buy soft racks :oops: ). If it fits i'll try it tomorrow. Looks like the next few days there'll be some nice swell. Woo hoo!!

Will definately update when i've gotten it wet.

Beerfan

Post by Beerfan » Tue Apr 12, 2011 4:50 pm

Here it is. Im working night shift tonight, but i'll head out tomorrow morning. Should be something there. I managed to fit it in the corolla. I need to take the centre fin out everytime i surf, but until i get some soft racks, it'll do. If i can pick up a cheap board bag, i'd rather have it in the car.

The 8'' dolphin is the biggest fin i have, but should do alright. Side fins are plastic but i'll leave em in for a bit.

Beerfan

Post by Beerfan » Tue Apr 12, 2011 4:52 pm

And yes, i am aware of the flower on the nose !!

Trev
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Trev » Tue Apr 12, 2011 7:05 pm

Looks good beerfan.
Beanpole
You aren’t the room Yuke You are just a wonky cafe table with a missing rubber pad on the end of one leg.

Skipper
I still don't buy the "official" narrative about 9/11. Oh sure, it happened, fcuk yeah. But who and why and how I'm, not convinced it was what we've been told.

WANDERER
Owl status

Post by WANDERER » Tue Apr 12, 2011 8:50 pm

you can get spray paint at your local hardware store, that should fix the flower... :lol:

RickyG
Snowy McAllister

Post by RickyG » Wed Apr 13, 2011 2:14 pm

Good boards, good people at Jacko's. I'm sure you'll enjoy it.
andy2476 wrote:
Ricky gets my vote. I hate undercover tards.

Spoon
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Spoon » Wed Apr 13, 2011 3:56 pm

At least we will be able to spot you in the water and say g'day
Al this is gold. "She didn't realise I was fairly high and spent much of the evening trying to figure out why a purple and orange cow wanted me to climb a tree."

otway1949
barnacle

Post by otway1949 » Wed Apr 13, 2011 5:46 pm

Beerfan wrote:Here it is. Im working night shift tonight, but i'll head out tomorrow morning. Should be something there. I managed to fit it in the corolla. I need to take the centre fin out everytime i surf, but until i get some soft racks, it'll do. If i can pick up a cheap board bag, i'd rather have it in the car.

The 8'' dolphin is the biggest fin i have, but should do alright. Side fins are plastic but i'll leave em in for a bit.
Have a look and if you can get them try the C drives as side bites
FIns.jpg
Try this set up
Don't worry about the flower everybody already has an opinion about you now, could get clear space in the line up :shock:
Jaffa, I'm opinionated, and I'm sometimes right. So?

Morgan The Moon
Local

Post by Morgan The Moon » Thu Apr 14, 2011 11:35 am

Beerfan wrote:And yes, i am aware of the flower on the nose !!
You could get a matching sticker for your car.

Cuttlefish
barnacle

Post by Cuttlefish » Thu Apr 14, 2011 1:02 pm

Ha, ha! Great minds think alike. I've suggested the same thing to him over on Swaylocks.
Or you could put a big Rip Curl sticker over the frangipani to :shock: give the right impression......
Only a rat can win the rat race.

Morgan The Moon
Local

Post by Morgan The Moon » Thu Apr 14, 2011 1:35 pm

Cuttlefish wrote:Ha, ha! Great minds think alike. I've suggested the same thing to him over on Swaylocks.
Or you could put a big Rip Curl sticker over the frangipani to :shock: give the right impression......
Didn't mean to steal your thunder :oops: haven't been on sways for a little while (honest 'guv).

Welcome to the Mal club Beerfan, you'll have a ball.

With a yum yum yellow board you've got bigger things to worry about than the franiapani...

Had one of the best waves of my life on my 9'4 at a local reef break this morning.....no pics so I'll stfu.

Beerfan

Post by Beerfan » Thu Apr 14, 2011 6:20 pm

After a shit night shift, i stopped by the beach this morning. Fave beach was 2+ but a bit chopped up, and the back beach around the corner was waist high and clean. Im bloody glad i went the waist high option haha. Taking off is tricky in small semi hollow waves, but i seemed to manage ok. Was heaps of fun, though its gunna take time to get it sussed. I tried to cross step near the nose on one little runner, almost made it, but got a little wobbly, and tried to bring my foot back, hahah epic fail, went down like a bag of shit. Fun fun fun, im going to enjoy this!!

Tips are welcome!

P.S cheers for the fin tips, i've already changed the plastic fins to my shapers sb fins. Pretty sure im gunna get a bigger centre fin too, maybe 9.5''. I like big fins!