Is you're shaper in?

A place for longboarders, eggers, fish riders... if alternative surfcraft is your game, here's the place to chat about it

Moderators: collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, Shari, the kalakau kid, Forum Moderators

Cuttlefish
barnacle

Is you're shaper in?

Post by Cuttlefish » Fri Mar 25, 2011 7:28 am

Have a go at this...
http://video.mpora.com/watch/vFkGTbIQi/
I want to know why this English guy is taking the piss out of me? :lol:
Only a rat can win the rat race.

old grom
Grommet

Re: Is you're shaper in?

Post by old grom » Fri Mar 25, 2011 10:00 pm

Classic cuttle - loved this - got a bit close to home - but my van is not red - and my wife is staying - so I must be OK :D - OG

Cuttlefish
barnacle

Post by Cuttlefish » Sat Mar 26, 2011 9:24 am

I'm sure it's made a lot of surfers cringe. :lol:
Only a rat can win the rat race.

Cpt.Caveman
barnacle

Post by Cpt.Caveman » Sat Mar 26, 2011 3:23 pm

hahaha I've noticed that a lot of UK surfers get super obsessed about surfing, almost as much as when surfing would have first become popular as a counter-culture here. In Aus I guess its more normal to surf, almost everyone know someone who surfs, used to surf, has tried surfing, etc.

Not so much in the UK I can imagine...
Davros wrote:Ego saved - surfing experience rubbish.

Yuke Hunt
Duke Status

Post by Yuke Hunt » Sat Mar 26, 2011 9:07 pm

I think I may have met him this morning ... as I took off behind the rocks ... raced down the line and out onto the shoulder into a nice roundhouse cutty ... comming back around I heard an almighty cracking sound. My first thoughts were that something had hit my board at the same time as I was catapulted sideways into oblivion ... but as I resurfaced with a sharp pain under my left arm and a nuck nuck asking if I was alright as he tried to hold onto his longboard ... the realisation set in that the almighty cracking noise was actually a couple of my ribs giving way to the pre-mentioned surfcraft as its owner discarded it in his feeble attempted to paddle out through the break ... and break is the word,
Stick a fork in my arse and turn me over ... I'm done ... at least a month out of the water ... about as happy as the NSW labor party at the moment.
The moving finger writes and having writ moves on ... now all thy piety nor wit shall lure it back to cancel even half a line ... nor all thy tears wash out a single word of it.

Trev
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Trev » Sun Mar 27, 2011 12:21 pm

Bit of bad luck there Womble. Hope you mend quickly.
Any damage to your board?

Bloody longboarders. :oops: :wink:
Beanpole
You aren’t the room Yuke You are just a wonky cafe table with a missing rubber pad on the end of one leg.

Skipper
I still don't buy the "official" narrative about 9/11. Oh sure, it happened, fcuk yeah. But who and why and how I'm, not convinced it was what we've been told.

Yuke Hunt
Duke Status

Post by Yuke Hunt » Sun Mar 27, 2011 4:29 pm

TrevG wrote:Bit of bad luck there Womble. Hope you mend quickly.

Not a scratch ... :shock:

As for the healing process ... all I can say is that I've suffered damage to the rib cage before ... cartilage ... cracked ... broken ... the trifecta ... but this injury is far more painful than the previous ones. Its just below the left armpit extending around under the pectoral. Making it very difficult to lay down ... sit back ... stand up ... get to sleep ... breath ... well its pretty much impossible to move at all without suffering that sharp jolting pain associated with this kind of injury.

It'll be a fair few weeks before I'm back in the saddle ... so for now its hello xbox and a handful of panadeine forte ... :shock:

And its probably an opportune time to get behind the lens for a few happy snaps.
The moving finger writes and having writ moves on ... now all thy piety nor wit shall lure it back to cancel even half a line ... nor all thy tears wash out a single word of it.

Trev
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Trev » Sun Mar 27, 2011 6:10 pm

Womble wrote:
TrevG wrote:Bit of bad luck there Womble. Hope you mend quickly.

Not a scratch ... :shock:

As for the healing process ... all I can say is that I've suffered damage to the rib cage before ... cartilage ... cracked ... broken ... the trifecta ... but this injury is far more painful than the previous ones. Its just below the left armpit extending around under the pectoral. Making it very difficult to lay down ... sit back ... stand up ... get to sleep ... breath ... well its pretty much impossible to move at all without suffering that sharp jolting pain associated with this kind of injury.

It'll be a fair few weeks before I'm back in the saddle ... so for now its hello xbox and a handful of panadeine forte ... :shock:

And its probably an opportune time to get behind the lens for a few happy snaps.
I could use an assistant Moderator....... 8)
Beanpole
You aren’t the room Yuke You are just a wonky cafe table with a missing rubber pad on the end of one leg.

Skipper
I still don't buy the "official" narrative about 9/11. Oh sure, it happened, fcuk yeah. But who and why and how I'm, not convinced it was what we've been told.

Yuke Hunt
Duke Status

Post by Yuke Hunt » Mon Mar 28, 2011 7:55 am

TrevG wrote:I could use an assistant Moderator....... 8)
I don't think I'm a candidate to moderate
I'd probably just procrastinate or agitate

And considering this option in my present state
Would open up a can of worms and a masturbate

Asking me to moderate on these forums would be like getting Fong to check your punctuation and spellink ... :shock:

marcus_h
charger

Post by marcus_h » Mon Mar 28, 2011 8:21 am

Definitely a few of these type of people around here

Moore
regular

Post by Moore » Thu Mar 31, 2011 10:10 pm

Cpt.Caveman wrote:hahaha I've noticed that a lot of UK surfers get super obsessed about surfing, almost as much as when surfing would have first become popular as a counter-culture here. In Aus I guess its more normal to surf, almost everyone know someone who surfs, used to surf, has tried surfing, etc.

Not so much in the UK I can imagine...
Youre spot-on Cavie....

I'm 37 and grew up near the beach, so it wasn't such a weird thing to know a lot of surfers (although we used to get punched in the school corridors for 'being' surfers) and there was a solid crew in the generation before me, so it's not like a new thing.

However, the last 15 years has seen a massive increase in city-surfers either flocking to the coast at the weekends, or more recently, just upping sticks and transplanting themselves.

It's an interesting social phenomenom and has it's plus points and downsides (which I won't go into here as it's boring and most youse :wink: don't live in the UK)

I blame it on Sky telly, most notably the Extreme sports channels, better road networks than there used to be and good wetties :lol: But the interweb has a lot to answer for as well

Bring back localist violence and flatlock Sportskins, I say..... (only kidding.... I think :| )

pridmore
Owl status

Post by pridmore » Fri Apr 01, 2011 6:16 pm

marcus_h wrote:Definitely a few of these type of people around here
you think ? :roll:

marcus_h
charger

Post by marcus_h » Fri Apr 01, 2011 6:41 pm

After yesterday morning even more so

pridmore
Owl status

Post by pridmore » Fri Apr 01, 2011 7:18 pm

the last 3 days have been weird, way more around than normal...before that, its been great mid-week, come oorrrnnnn winter 8)

Beanpole
That's Not Believable

Post by Beanpole » Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:41 pm

Getting their new customs for easter?
Put your big boy pants on
I mean, tastebuds? WGAF?

pridmore
Owl status

Post by pridmore » Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:45 pm

nah, seems to have been groups coming up from Briz but its mid week, dunno why theres been so many around...then with the rain, the tradies are all over t too......its cool, there's plenty to go round...I'll just avoid the spots they like.....had a drive today and scored, with nobody else around...

Quangers
Local

Post by Quangers » Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:51 pm

pridmore wrote:the last 3 days have been weird, way more around than normal...before that, its been great mid-week, come oorrrnnnn winter 8)
Do you guys actually get a winter???
20 degrees isn't really cold. :)

Trev
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Trev » Fri Apr 01, 2011 11:09 pm

Quangers wrote:
pridmore wrote:the last 3 days have been weird, way more around than normal...before that, its been great mid-week, come oorrrnnnn winter 8)
Do you guys actually get a winter???
20 degrees isn't really cold. :)
:lol: The Victorians could probably ask the same question of Sydney.

But no we don't get a real winter by southern standards. However it seems to thin out the crowds especially for the early and you only really need to knock about 25% off the numbers to make it all pretty manageable.
Beanpole

Skipper