Take Away dim-SIM

A place for longboarders, eggers, fish riders... if alternative surfcraft is your game, here's the place to chat about it

Moderators: collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, Shari, the kalakau kid, Forum Moderators

diggerdickson
barnacle

Re: Take Away dim-SIM

Post by diggerdickson » Tue Mar 15, 2011 3:01 pm

im gonna concentrate on little eggs for tiny grommets after this shorty im making mark, just to see the stoke its giving my little boy as it comes together is pay enough for me for a while. After chrissy will look at other stuff, a dim sim is on the cards for sure one day, but if you knew how many years i pondered over getting a quad, in fact I think I told you, if you could see inside my head you would come out a very confused man :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Im glad marcus likes it, the dim sim is so enjoyable and brings about a different feeling on a wave and certianly has its place in any persons quiver, up here I think its almost a must, mmmmm, im almost talking myself into it arent I :shock: :lol:
no, Im not a surfer, Im just a garbage man".

marcus_h
charger

Post by marcus_h » Tue Mar 15, 2011 3:01 pm

pridmore wrote:Marcus, been gettin any waves on it ? Might have to grab it from you soon mate, its gotta move on to its next test pilot....and we can chat bout your newy....if ya havent got ya dim-SIM fix, you can have a whirl on mine if ya keen.... 8)
Yeah mate happy to move it on, you want me drop back to you tomorrow/thursday arv (got soccer training at buderim thursday so can drop it on the way?)
Last edited by marcus_h on Tue Mar 15, 2011 3:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

pridmore
Owl status

Post by pridmore » Tue Mar 15, 2011 3:04 pm

cool, leave it at the door mate, coz I'll be in the bedroom shagging the missus, thats where I am every arvo :roll: :roll: :roll: :mrgreen: :roll:

marcus_h
charger

Post by marcus_h » Tue Mar 15, 2011 3:05 pm

pridmore wrote:cool, leave it at the door mate, coz I'll be in the bedroom shagging the missus, thats where I am every arvo :roll: :roll: :roll: :mrgreen: :roll:
Haha ok i'll knock and run

scot
regular

Post by scot » Thu Mar 24, 2011 12:09 am

Any chance it will make it down to the border by the 9th?
I have a week off work and we are going camping down the coast.

Cheers,
Scot

pridmore
Owl status

Post by pridmore » Thu Mar 24, 2011 5:07 pm

it is possible, will get back to you bout this one mate.....would like you to take it with you but the prob is there's other keen punters up here....
http://www.vimeo.com/21367087 bit of footage from the BTD., sorry I have posted it 3 times but relevant to 3 threads..... 8)

pridmore
Owl status

Post by pridmore » Mon Apr 04, 2011 10:35 pm

board is now with Sharon Jackson who is a good surfer, she even won a Bell on a longboard a few years ago...and now owns Da Bomb surf centres, she is going to have it for a while and I'll post some feedback soon, she's trying some different keels in it coz I have temporarily stolen the other ones for my dim-SIM...shapers previledge haha, got some newys gettin on the way.... 8)

pridmore
Owl status

Post by pridmore » Mon Apr 25, 2011 6:12 pm

got the board back today, Sharon loved it, she said it was alot of fun, she ordered one exactly the same, I was told not to change a thing so I guess she really enjoyed it.....another young Sunny Coaster, Jake Goold rode and he too said it was alot of fun, so all good for the dim-SIM...
its now time for it to head off, who is keen ? I am going to the Goldy this week, prob Thursday or Friday, so if any goldy crew are keen , let me know, maybe you are keen Scott ? then it'll be heading further south, with a pit stop with Shearer along the way.... 8)

Cuttlefish
barnacle

Post by Cuttlefish » Tue Apr 26, 2011 7:46 am

While you were OS I dropped in to Da Bomb and I didn't even know Sharon had the board.
She soon let me know how astounded by it she was.
She literally couldn't stop talking about it.
I managed to steer her off talking about the dim sim a couple of times to talk about what I came in for but she doggedly kept on interjecting with more about the dim sim.
Talk about frothing grommet that's actually middle aged and a longboarder to boot.
The really telling thing is that I've seen her out on a Quadfather lately and all she wanted to talk about was the dim sim.
She has a shop full of boards with plenty of fish planshaped boards too.
Now that's stoke. :wink:
Pure gold for a shaper.
Only a rat can win the rat race.

scot
regular

Post by scot » Thu Apr 28, 2011 1:31 pm

Mark,
I'm in for sure.

marcus_h
charger

Post by marcus_h » Thu Apr 28, 2011 5:23 pm

Cuttle - not wrong mate. Had a few surfs with her out there on it...frothing for sure.

pridmore
Owl status

Post by pridmore » Sun May 01, 2011 4:38 pm

Grooter
Duke Status

Post by Grooter » Sun May 01, 2011 8:35 pm

Is it due to head south for the Vicco winter?
some cnut wrote:There are only two real problems that we face in life, knowing what we want but being unable to know how to get it and/or not knowing what we want
It's possible to hate the filthy world and still love it with an abstract pitying love

pridmore
Owl status

Post by pridmore » Sun May 01, 2011 9:55 pm

yep, its going to the Goldy next week, then the week after, its off to the Lennox area, then south but never really sure how or what might happen. Keen to see if anyone is keen to take it south from Lennox, anyway, it'll get down there mate..... 8)

Quangers
Local

Post by Quangers » Mon May 02, 2011 5:24 pm

I hope it gets down this way before too long. Can't wait for a crack.

Topher
regular

Post by Topher » Mon May 02, 2011 6:21 pm

Yep me too - when it hits sydney I'd love to take it for a spin.

Beerfan

Post by Beerfan » Mon May 02, 2011 7:14 pm

Let me know when in the gong too. Im keen to try it. Mark, how wide and thick is it??

pridmore
Owl status

Post by pridmore » Mon May 02, 2011 9:17 pm

thats a bit personal mate..... :roll: