Take Away dim-SIM

A place for longboarders, eggers, fish riders... if alternative surfcraft is your game, here's the place to chat about it

Moderators: collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, Shari, the kalakau kid, Forum Moderators

pridmore
Owl status

Re: Take Away dim-SIM

Post by pridmore » Mon Oct 24, 2011 5:44 pm

the size of these boards is a bonus for sure, chuck em in the boot or easily fit in the back seat of the car and be much easier to travel with, if only I could get to go on a surf trip one day...grrrr 8)

Beerfan

Post by Beerfan » Mon Oct 24, 2011 6:18 pm

If i was heading down the coast, which is only 2 and a bit hours for sure, but 10 hours on the freeway is bit too far!!

Aren't you goin on a surf trip soon mark?? Or have i had a few too many?

Topher, if i only had 2 i could squeeze it next to them, but when you have 3, space is a premium, even in a ford wagon :D

Beerfan

Post by Beerfan » Thu Nov 03, 2011 8:03 am

I is back. Hope to get it wet on the weekend, and then i'll be looking to give it to quangers.

pridmore
Owl status

Post by pridmore » Thu Nov 03, 2011 8:06 am

Quangers, you back ???? 8)

Quangers
Local

Post by Quangers » Fri Nov 04, 2011 7:29 pm

Yeah mate, made it back unscathed - missed out on surfing some of the best of Europe though. :cry: Either 100km onshore gusts or micro dribble :roll: - can't wait to have a crack on the Dim Sim. The little bro is keen too.

pridmore
Owl status

Post by pridmore » Fri Nov 04, 2011 7:33 pm

bummer bout the Euro waves...but stoked you and the bro are keen....grab it off Beerfan, think he is too busy working out at the gym these days, well between the gym, his kids and making more beer ( and drinking it of course ), doubt he'd have time to surf it... :roll: :P 8)

Quangers
Local

Post by Quangers » Fri Nov 04, 2011 7:38 pm

pridmore wrote:bummer bout the Euro waves...but stoked you and the bro are keen....grab it off Beerfan, think he is too busy working out at the gym these days, well between the gym, his kids and making more beer ( and drinking it of course ), doubt he'd have time to surf it... :roll: :P 8)
:lol: :lol:
Will do.

Beerfan

Post by Beerfan » Sat Nov 05, 2011 6:15 am

That's it, im keeping it for another week now :D . I sent you a pm quangers.

Beerfan

Post by Beerfan » Tue Nov 08, 2011 2:09 pm

Surfs been small and fat, so the 9'1'' has been getting wet. Damn the early high tide!!. Hopefully i'll get some hollwish waves before i give it back, surely?!

pridmore
Owl status

Post by pridmore » Tue Nov 22, 2011 8:03 am

So Beerfans mate has the dim-SIM atm, then Quangers and maybe his bro...dunno if its going any further south due to difficulties in getting it transported, plus I have a very keen buyer up here who wants the board, he rode it a few times up here and has pestered me to buy it ...said I can make him one but he insists on the traveller...might get a shock when he sees what condition its in... :shock: plus planing for next traveller...should be MORE interesting this one, got a few ideas.... 8)

Cpt.Caveman
barnacle

Post by Cpt.Caveman » Tue Nov 22, 2011 3:18 pm

I'm heading down to Eden around christmas time if there is a possibility I can drop it down to someone?
Davros wrote:Ego saved - surfing experience rubbish.

pridmore
Owl status

Post by pridmore » Tue Nov 22, 2011 4:09 pm

or maybe you can grab it from down south and bring it back to Syd ??? maybe .....

Beerfan

Post by Beerfan » Tue Nov 22, 2011 4:43 pm

pridmore wrote:So Beerfans mate has the dim-SIM atm, then Quangers and maybe his bro...dunno if its going any further south due to difficulties in getting it transported, plus I have a very keen buyer up here who wants the board, he rode it a few times up here and has pestered me to buy it ...said I can make him one but he insists on the traveller...might get a shock when he sees what condition its in... :shock: plus planing for next traveller...should be MORE interesting this one, got a few ideas.... 8)

Cool, so you're gunna do a modern version of a retro keel fish, with the old school outline, more modern rails n rocker, and toed and canted glassed on fibreglass keels?? Sweeeeet, i'll try it for sure!!!!

:D :D :D

pridmore
Owl status

Post by pridmore » Tue Nov 22, 2011 4:52 pm

sure, what size would you like ? maybe a 5'8" x 22" x 3" ??? :roll: 8)

Cpt.Caveman
barnacle

Post by Cpt.Caveman » Tue Nov 22, 2011 5:40 pm

I'd be happy to pick it up and swing it back to Sydney. I can get Peta to take some pics too, we have a decent camera now. I might just have to surf it again once or twice. I have a Sydney point in mind I reckon will be just pure pleasure on that board.
Davros wrote:Ego saved - surfing experience rubbish.

pridmore
Owl status

Post by pridmore » Tue Nov 22, 2011 6:28 pm

go for it...sounds good to me mate.... 8) I'll arrange to get it back from you in the New Year then....
8)

Beerfan

Post by Beerfan » Wed Nov 23, 2011 8:59 am

pridmore wrote:sure, what size would you like ? maybe a 5'8" x 22" x 3" ??? :roll: 8)

Sounds about right hehehe

swvic
Snowy McAllister

Post by swvic » Wed Nov 23, 2011 10:12 am

pridmore wrote:go for it...sounds good to me mate.... 8) I'll arrange to get it back from you in the New Year then....
8)
down

here

in

far

away

victoria

we'd

a

crack

at

the

dim

sim

please!
marcus wrote:and that vicco dude, whatsisname?