Take Away dim-SIM

A place for longboarders, eggers, fish riders... if alternative surfcraft is your game, here's the place to chat about it

Moderators: collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, Shari, the kalakau kid, Forum Moderators

pridmore
Owl status

Re: Take Away dim-SIM

Post by pridmore » Tue Oct 18, 2011 5:27 pm

Quangers is down that way too and he is away til the end of Oct I think, so maybe after its been passed around with Beerfan and co, it could find its way down there....see how it pans out.... and like BF said, keep an eye on the thread..... 8) 8)

damo666
regular

Post by damo666 » Tue Oct 18, 2011 7:02 pm

Totally off topic, but how does the little 5'8" egg thingy go Beerfan?

swvic
Snowy McAllister

Post by swvic » Wed Oct 19, 2011 10:45 am

Know it's still a long way off, but it's inching closer to Vic. If it ever gets to the west of this state, I am very keen - despite murmurings of it going back the other way.
marcus wrote:and that vicco dude, whatsisname?

Grooter
Duke Status

Post by Grooter » Wed Oct 19, 2011 11:09 am

Marks boards make it down this way eventually, managed to get both the Fat Bat and Quadfather in the past
some cnut wrote:There are only two real problems that we face in life, knowing what we want but being unable to know how to get it and/or not knowing what we want
It's possible to hate the filthy world and still love it with an abstract pitying love

swvic
Snowy McAllister

Post by swvic » Wed Oct 19, 2011 11:32 am

I'd consider a trip back to the old stomping grounds of the MP to pick it up. Sure you would've had some great waves these past couple of days.

Grooter
Duke Status

Post by Grooter » Wed Oct 19, 2011 11:55 am

swvic wrote:I'd consider a trip back to the old stomping grounds of the MP to pick it up. Sure you would've had some great waves these past couple of days.
It's been great but I've been recovering from the flu and I'm back at work so I haven't been close to getting out :x
some cnut wrote:There are only two real problems that we face in life, knowing what we want but being unable to know how to get it and/or not knowing what we want
It's possible to hate the filthy world and still love it with an abstract pitying love

swvic
Snowy McAllister

Post by swvic » Wed Oct 19, 2011 12:34 pm

Bummer. With the summer shitty season fast approaching, hope you get back in the water soon. Miss those peninsular banks big time. No doubt too big for 'em yesterday, but on today.

the hulkster
Grommet

Post by the hulkster » Wed Oct 19, 2011 2:43 pm

When it gets down Torquay way i am very keen for a turn. Might be a while getting here though.

pridmore
Owl status

Post by pridmore » Wed Oct 19, 2011 5:37 pm

wow, didnt realise there was this much interest down south, will do my best to try and get it down there then....if anyone can help with transport, let us know please..... 8)

pridmore
Owl status

Post by pridmore » Wed Oct 19, 2011 10:57 pm

I got one almost exactly the same dims for sale in good nick if anyone interested.... 8)
you can see it on my site, its the yellow one with browny-maroon stripes....

Beerfan

Post by Beerfan » Fri Oct 21, 2011 5:55 am

Damo, its a fun little board, though next one i'd toe in the fins, they're parallel to the stringer, so there's not a lot of lift in the fins. I definately like surfing it though, and hollow take offs are easier than you'd think. I reckon its the short length. I'd put in some concave too.

Well, i got the simms out in waist to random chest high steepish waves before work the other day. Paddles ok ( im 85kg and used to more foam ), caught waves pretty easily if not too fat. When i got my first 2 i focused on keeping on the backfoot. Loose as all hell hahah. I got a random chest high wave, and when i popped up i was more forward than the previous waves and wooo hooo, she took off, i was flying hahah. Funnily enough, even though i was forward i could still turn it pretty good, more swoopy than pivoty though. Hope to get a few more surfs on it in the next week, then i'll be looking to hand it over.

Batoes has one pretty similar dims, so i think quangers is next??

Definately a fun kind of board, right up my alley. I have a template for a 5'6'' x 21 x 18n x 18+ tail i think would work really well for me, though im going ok on the teeny tiny 5'2'' haha.

Beerfan

Post by Beerfan » Fri Oct 21, 2011 6:50 am

Murrum im a bit south of wollongong. By the sounds of it, it may work its way down there??

murrum
Local

Post by murrum » Fri Oct 21, 2011 1:51 pm

Sounds good. Heading to Sydney for the weekend early November, so if it is still in that area could swing by and pick up on the way back...After Quangers?? He is next?
the dreams that stuff was made of

pridmore
Owl status

Post by pridmore » Fri Oct 21, 2011 2:10 pm

Beerfan is the man, he will pass it onto someone keen and nearby to him soon...best to chat with him I reckon....Batoes is down there and I have sent him an email as he hasnt been round the forums of late....Quangers is on hols til the end of Oct but I'd like him to get a go if possible, good bloke who helps others out and expects nuthin in return....plus he likes the different fun boards....
8)

Beerfan

Post by Beerfan » Mon Oct 24, 2011 9:11 am

Quangers will be next, but im going away for a week. Was tempted to take it but i dont have roof racks, and with 3 kids in the back of the wagon im not real keen on it sitting loose on top of all our bags etc.

When i get back i'll talk to quangers again ( after getting a few more waves hopefully ), and we'll hand it over.

BF

pridmore
Owl status

Post by pridmore » Mon Oct 24, 2011 12:10 pm

cool...maybe Batoes would like it for the week your away...but I reckon you should take it if there's a good chance you'll be able to surf it...leave it up to you mate, glad you been gettin a few on it... 8)

Beerfan

Post by Beerfan » Mon Oct 24, 2011 1:53 pm

Batoes has one pretty much the same, I think a 5'0!!!. Family trip, goin to see the olds. They moved earlier in the year. Definately waves there, but if I do surf, i'll rent somethin. Doubt i'll get wet though, we'll be busy keepin the kids entertained, they're 5,4, and 2, so we'll be flat out hahaha. Im hopin to get some waves again tomorrow, hangin to take it out again, shit load of fun!!

Topher
regular

Post by Topher » Mon Oct 24, 2011 5:36 pm

Beerfan wrote:dont have roof racks, and with 3 kids in the back of the wagon im not real keen on it sitting loose on top of all our bags etc.

BF

I took it away like that :D :oops: :D

It was only 1.5 hours....and I only have one kid though. Perfect holiday board for me.