Take Away dim-SIM

A place for longboarders, eggers, fish riders... if alternative surfcraft is your game, here's the place to chat about it

Moderators: collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, Shari, the kalakau kid, Forum Moderators

Beerfan

Re: Take Away dim-SIM

Post by Beerfan » Tue May 03, 2011 5:52 am

Haha ok mark. Keen to try it

pridmore
Owl status

Post by pridmore » Tue May 03, 2011 3:49 pm

No worries, good to see people are keen to ride this board, seems it is slowly growing in poplarity, especially once people realise they go well...they are about 50% of my orders last month...did 2 today and doing a batch for a shop next week..... 8)

pridmore
Owl status

Post by pridmore » Wed May 04, 2011 11:46 am

surfed the traveller and my dim-SIM this morning, such a fun sesh...both boards are really fun but also different, its amazing what a bees dick of rocker does to boards this short....they must be going ok coz alot of people ask what I am riding and that they look like a ton of fun...maybe thats my stupid smile, dunno...but in running 2-3ft waves, I dont want to ride anything else.....hopefully many of you guys will enjoy it too, when it gets to you...Scot, if you are out there mate, I am going to the Goldy, Friday or Monday, so maybe PM to suss it out, might be able to leave it somewhere, maybe Shapers at Currumbin coz I will be calling in there to view diff fin templates and stuff.....
8)
http://www.swellnet.com.au/reports/maroochydoore/daily link to pics of the waves I surfed it in today.....

pridmore
Owl status

Post by pridmore » Thu May 12, 2011 6:41 pm

the linkabove is a dud, dont worry bout clicking on it...
Scott, heading down Tuesday or Wed, will confirm before so we can get the board to you....can you get it to Shearer at the Ox in a week after you get it by any chance ???

pridmore
Owl status

Post by pridmore » Fri May 20, 2011 1:39 pm

the dim-SIM is now on the Goldy with Scott and he will be giving it a going over at Snapper, Burleigh and a few other spots, looking forward to his thoughts and maybe some pics too ....
snapped off a couple at some right hander this morning before passing on the board.... 8)

8)

pridmore
Owl status

Post by pridmore » Mon May 23, 2011 4:34 pm

happy to say, Mr. Andrew Kidman has told me he would be interested in having a surf on the dim-SIM, pretty cool to have such a surfer involved.... :D he can hook up with Steve seeing how they live in the same area.... 8)

Cpt.Caveman
barnacle

Post by Cpt.Caveman » Mon May 23, 2011 4:39 pm

pridmore wrote:happy to say, Mr. Andrew Kidman has told me he would be interested in having a surf on the dim-SIM, pretty cool to have such a surfer involved.... :D he can hook up with Steve seeing how they live in the same area.... 8)
Thats exciting news MP, and hes a shaper to boot. I can imagine his feedback would be gold :)
Davros wrote:Ego saved - surfing experience rubbish.

Quangers
Local

Post by Quangers » Mon May 23, 2011 7:31 pm

pridmore wrote:happy to say, Mr. Andrew Kidman has told me he would be interested in having a surf on the dim-SIM, pretty cool to have such a surfer involved.... :D he can hook up with Steve seeing how they live in the same area.... 8)
that's cool, but can you tell him to hurry up...I want a go :)

pridmore
Owl status

Post by pridmore » Mon May 23, 2011 8:09 pm

I know its taking a while but people seem to be enjoying it and hanging onto it for a while...which is a good thing I guess...unless you are waiting for it.... 8)

scot
regular

Post by scot » Fri May 27, 2011 8:47 am

Have only had a chance for 1 surf so far but thought i better do a quick report.
The waves were only small waist to chest high. a bit sectiony for snapper but still longish rides.
The board was quite surprising. I was expecting it to feel quite different.
It has the get up and go of my twin keel fish without the slippery feeling that I get on that. The Dim-Sim was really solid. Maybe its cause the fins are out so wide? not sure.
I like it. its fast and responsive.
I think it may be better suited to a punchy beach break like dbah. on the points i like to be able to draw out my turns a bit more. i think the shortness prevents this (or it could be my lack of ability)
keen to give it a few more surfs before I pass it on. :D

Mark, do you want me to give it to Mr Kidman next? i think he is out Uki way which is closer to me than lennox.

Scot

Topher
regular

Post by Topher » Fri May 27, 2011 6:49 pm

I love Andrew Kidman's work. Good stuff Mark.

pridmore
Owl status

Post by pridmore » Wed Jun 01, 2011 10:58 am

howzit goin ? Any decent waves Scot ??? any contact with Shearer, I know he is pretty keen to get his hands on it.... 8)

Skipper
Duke Status

Post by Skipper » Wed Jun 01, 2011 11:03 am

I'm keen if it gets to Syderny.

the hulkster
Grommet

Post by the hulkster » Sat Jun 04, 2011 9:34 am

Definantely keen to give it a go when it gets down to Torquay.

scot
regular

Post by scot » Tue Jun 07, 2011 2:03 pm

Ok, reluctantly I have passed the Dim-sim onto Steve.
I only got a few sessions on it but the way the waves have been lately they were all good for testing.
My 8yr old had a go on sunday and he gave it a big thumbs up. I think he liked having a board that short.
My brother took it out yesterday and really enjoyed it. It took him a few waves to get used to it but after that he was pretty happy with it.

I had some great waves this morning at Shearers local spot.
got my one and only barrel on it and have to say it felt relly good in the tube. no signs of sliding or losing the edge. the lack of length was no problem at all.
But the thing that really impressed was its ability to come off the bottom hard and go straight at the lip. it took me by suprise the first time i tried a reo. my brother made the same comment, so this morning i tried to push it as much as my ability allows and it came through with flying colours.
i got a nice wall and faded the bottom turn and went as vert as i could. the top turn was easy and I came straight down again. nice. i cant do those on my fish very well.
so big thumbs up from me.
keen to hear how Steve goes on it as heh has some great setups near him that this board will suit really well.

steve shearer
BUTTONMEISTER

Post by steve shearer » Wed Jun 08, 2011 10:46 am

Thanks for doubling back to do the drop-off Scot.
Nice to meet ya.

Hope that shitty coffee I made you got you a little buzz for the drive home.

Had a sesh in perfect waist-head high glassy pointbreak.
Will try and write up a review soon.
I want Nightclub Dwight dead in his grave I want the nice-nice up in blazes

Cuttlefish
barnacle

Post by Cuttlefish » Wed Jun 08, 2011 5:25 pm

Ya eyes still watering from that lil' sled's speed eh?
I know you're no fan of fish so this should be interesting.
But of course they do turns that ordinary fish only dream of. :wink:
Only a rat can win the rat race.

steve shearer
BUTTONMEISTER

Post by steve shearer » Fri Jun 10, 2011 8:59 am

Board test report here.
http://www.swellnet.com.au/forums/5/topics/748

sorry for the redirect, but it's easier for me to post photos there.
I want Nightclub Dwight dead in his grave I want the nice-nice up in blazes