The 19 foot 'Olo of the Sun'

A place for longboarders, eggers, fish riders... if alternative surfcraft is your game, here's the place to chat about it

Moderators: collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, Shari, the kalakau kid, Forum Moderators

bumfluff
Owl status

Re: The 19 foot 'Olo of the Sun'

Post by bumfluff » Tue Jan 18, 2011 5:19 pm

Roy_Stewart wrote:5 years ago the land where I'm sanding the board had only a thin layer of grass on it, I've planted a lot of useful plants on it as you can see.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

kayu
Local

Post by kayu » Tue Jan 18, 2011 6:01 pm

Roy_Stewart wrote:5 years ago the land where I'm sanding the board had only a thin layer of grass on it, I've planted a lot of useful plants on it as you can see.
......yeah ok.....so they belong to you and you can kill them if you wish ?

kayu
Local

Post by kayu » Tue Jan 18, 2011 6:03 pm

Roy_Stewart wrote:
kayu wrote:
Roy_Stewart wrote:Having cured for about a week the olo of the sun is ready for wet sanding and polishing.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_qawn9rOP2_E/T ... un+025.JPG

...the slurry from wet-sanding epoxy should be contained and disposed of in a responsible manner , not dumped in your garden for the sake of a promotional photo opportunity !
It's inert you moron !
the only thing inert is your surfboard performance , or lack of it , bird-brain :).....if it's inert , put it on your breakfast......just dont dump it on the environment

Roy_Stewart
barnacle

Post by Roy_Stewart » Tue Jan 18, 2011 6:12 pm

kayu wrote:
......yeah ok.....so they belong to you and you can kill them if you wish ?
For your information harvesting paulownia does not kill the tree, which is why it is called the Phoenix tree. . . none of the fruit trees I've planted are harmed by us eating the fruit either. . .

"kayu? kayu is actually wood in malay. . .

but if you use it on a person it is actually criticising the person ability. like 'the referee is kayu!' meaning the referee is an idiot who dun know the real work of referee. . you can also say it like. . when the referee gave a red card to a player because of handball, you shout 'REFEREE KAYU!!!!'"

Roy_Stewart
barnacle

Post by Roy_Stewart » Tue Jan 18, 2011 6:15 pm

kayu wrote:
if it's inert , put it on your breakfast......just dont dump it on the environment
For your information: You do not have the authority to give me orders and are wasting your time attempting to do so.

kayu
Local

Post by kayu » Tue Jan 18, 2011 6:49 pm

Kayu is indo for wood ,not Malay....it also means porridge in Japanese....the name was given to me by an old mate that lives in West Java, who has more credibilty as a surfer than you will ever attain.....now go and clean up that mess in your yard monkey boy !!!!!......and in future , be more responsible about how you dispose of your industrial waiste !

Dingus
Owl status

Post by Dingus » Wed Jan 19, 2011 1:30 am

offshore1 wrote:^^^I don't think anyone really cares [about boogie boarders] anymore Dae.
\none left on the forum.

Beanpole
That's Not Believable

Post by Beanpole » Thu Jan 20, 2011 1:02 pm

Roy is the Sun King. Ubu Roi.

I thought Bahasa Indonesian and Malay was the same language.
Put your big boy pants on
I mean, tastebuds? WGAF?

kayu
Local

Post by kayu » Thu Jan 20, 2011 2:46 pm

Beanpole wrote:Roy is the Sun King. Ubu Roi.

I thought Bahasa Indonesian and Malay was the same language.
I only speak Australian and French :)

Roy_Stewart
barnacle

Post by Roy_Stewart » Sat Jan 22, 2011 7:12 am

nuffink ngo wrote:
Roy_Stewart wrote:Having cured for about a week the olo of the sun is ready for wet sanding and polishing.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_qawn9rOP2_E/T ... un+025.JPG

I often ride a single 9" fin on a 10' board & know how much air it floats on with a fairly flat cross section profile & rocker,the speed it generates gives an exceptional run ,especially racing closeouts & going any faster wouldn't give me a longer ride anywere.
Looking at the profiles of the above board it looks like it would fly & need a sea anchor as a fin to throttle a bit of speed & momentum & even then by the time you've made one down the line adjustment the only possible manoeuvre would be the worlds biggest roundhouse cutback from dead water.

or :!:
:idea: Now Breaching does look feasible :!:

Turning while going down the line will be easy, but only within a certain range of large arcs.

otway1949
barnacle

Post by otway1949 » Sat Jan 22, 2011 10:06 am

[quote="Roy_Stewart"
Turning while going down the line will be easy, but only within a certain range of large arcs.[/quote]

Noah found that out on Mt Ararat point! Send out the dove,send out the dove :!:
Jaffa, I'm opinionated, and I'm sometimes right. So?

Trev
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Trev » Sat Jan 22, 2011 4:58 pm

otway1949 wrote:[quote="Roy_Stewart"
Turning while going down the line will be easy, but only within a certain range of large arcs.
Noah found that out on Mt Ararat point! Send out the dove,send out the dove :!:[/quote]

I think the term is "veering" not "turning".
Beanpole
You aren’t the room Yuke You are just a wonky cafe table with a missing rubber pad on the end of one leg.

Skipper
I still don't buy the "official" narrative about 9/11. Oh sure, it happened, fcuk yeah. But who and why and how I'm, not convinced it was what we've been told.

Roy_Stewart
barnacle

Post by Roy_Stewart » Fri Apr 01, 2011 3:33 pm

A pre photoshop picture taken today for a magazine ( am snowed under with video interview/documentary and magazine article requests ) 8)