not another F..king travelling board FFS !!!

A place for longboarders, eggers, fish riders... if alternative surfcraft is your game, here's the place to chat about it

Moderators: collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, Shari, the kalakau kid, Forum Moderators

pridmore
Owl status

not another F..king travelling board FFS !!!

Post by pridmore » Tue Sep 14, 2010 1:19 pm

yeah, most of you dont give a flying f..k but some of you enjoy the chance to ride something different and this one is gunna be quite different...am seriously considering making the new traveller a Fish-Finger which is my finless model that I have been riding and tinkering with of late - correction, its almost finless, been riding it with 2 tiny little cut-offs I call training wheels but it can also be ridden with whatever fins or no fins if you like...it is predominantly designed as a fun summer option type board for when conditions arent ideal for the finned craft but ya still wanna get wet, but I havent been riding much else for the past 6 months...anyway, keen to hear peoples thoughts on having a finless type board to trial ...these are very high volume and are based on fun, glide and slide and not at all about high performance surfing , these boards suit the open minded surfers who just wanna try something different and fresh......,
mp 8)
Last edited by pridmore on Wed Sep 15, 2010 6:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

Grooter
Duke Status

Re: not another F..king travelling board FFS !!!

Post by Grooter » Tue Sep 14, 2010 2:06 pm

Put me down as an interested party Prids, would love to give a board like this a go
some cnut wrote:There are only two real problems that we face in life, knowing what we want but being unable to know how to get it and/or not knowing what we want
It's possible to hate the filthy world and still love it with an abstract pitying love

Morgan The Moon
Local

Post by Morgan The Moon » Tue Sep 14, 2010 2:09 pm

High volume and glide.....I'm sold....would love to try it....

marcus_h
charger

Post by marcus_h » Tue Sep 14, 2010 2:09 pm

*Jumps up with a hand in the air*

BDL77
regular

Post by BDL77 » Tue Sep 14, 2010 2:19 pm

Yes please - very interested. :D
“I am getting wealthy in ways that don’t count at the bank”
- Gerry Lopez

Trev
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Trev » Tue Sep 14, 2010 4:08 pm

Jumps higher than marcus_h :lol:
Sounds like an interesting project. I'm sure a few of us Sunny Coasters can give it a go.
And it's the logical start to the board's journey. :wink:
Beanpole
You aren’t the room Yuke You are just a wonky cafe table with a missing rubber pad on the end of one leg.

Skipper
I still don't buy the "official" narrative about 9/11. Oh sure, it happened, fcuk yeah. But who and why and how I'm, not convinced it was what we've been told.

tiger
barnacle

Post by tiger » Tue Sep 14, 2010 4:24 pm

Sounds cool Mark. The footage of DH etc riding finless stuff is pretty nuts, but watching it hurts my knees. It looks like a very low centre of gravity is important when riding finless, but I think I'd struggle to have my knees bent at such severe angles for so long. Be keen to try tho.

diggerdickson
barnacle

Post by diggerdickson » Wed Sep 15, 2010 10:42 pm

im keen to try, somethin9 new, always keen :D
no, Im not a surfer, Im just a garbage man".

pridmore
Owl status

Post by pridmore » Fri Sep 17, 2010 7:39 am

cool, seems theres a few interested to give it a go. Its definitely different to any other surfing I have done, you have to almost start from scratch when it comes to riding the board, all the old habits are almost useless, but its rediculous how much fun it feels once you get it sorted...I have another one in the works that I want to try a few design changes, then I'll get into the traveller, should be happening within a month or so, maybe sooner.....Have got some footage and some interviews on the board to share soon, so you'll know what youre in for..... 8)

with this traveller, I'd really like to have alot more pics and footage, the visual is so much better than just the words, so really hoping all who ride it will at least take 1 pic of themselves with the board, or them riding it, or even just the board on the beach with the waves in the background, or even one with a hot chick in little bikinis with the board.... :roll:

Cpt.Caveman
barnacle

Post by Cpt.Caveman » Fri Sep 17, 2010 5:52 pm

I'm totally keen hey! I even had fun surfing one of my normal boards finless, so riding one designed for finless surfing will give me plenty of smiles!

I'll organise some good photos too. Maybe I can try to organise some video as well, we'll see who is willing to chill on the beach and film.
Davros wrote:Ego saved - surfing experience rubbish.

pridmore
Owl status

Post by pridmore » Tue Sep 21, 2010 1:18 pm

Topher
regular

Post by Topher » Tue Sep 21, 2010 2:44 pm

I'd love to give it a go, sounds nice. Bit of tartare sauce, and a mixed leaf salad on the side.
Will it still be edible by the time it gets to sydney and has been fondled by others, or should I just get one out of my own freezer?

The board idea sounds great too.

pridmore
Owl status

Post by pridmore » Tue Sep 21, 2010 2:47 pm

:lol: should be edible, but some wont have the stomach for it, its for a discerning palette.... :roll:

pridmore
Owl status

Post by pridmore » Thu Sep 30, 2010 3:12 pm

here is a bit of stuff Mr. Shearer thru together , thanks again SS.....
http://www.vimeo.com/15411277

sorry bout the poo mans :roll: :oops: 8) :lol:

crabmeat thompson
Huey's Right Hand

Post by crabmeat thompson » Thu Sep 30, 2010 7:26 pm

That has got a shitload of potential MP. Can you trim and pump it to get speed on open wave faces? What is like on an clean open face?

Can you surf it as a complete hybrid of performance shortboard and the low centre of gravity style you were just doing? imho, that could be where this board takes off.

Imagine doing a little tight 360 turn in a barrel? Or floating over a section on it and then busting a 180 and coming down with the lip back first, then doing like an olly type bottom turn from there and picking back up onto the wave face for the next section. It's endless.

wow.
Kunji wrote:
Wed May 27, 2020 8:09 am
Would you mind throwing in a little more homoeroticism

pridmore
Owl status

Post by pridmore » Thu Sep 30, 2010 8:10 pm

no pumping, and not designed for that anyway, but you can trim no worries, its actually bloody fast but theres no driving with fins or rail, its all forward trim stuff and positioning, but it is just so much fun, and some of what you said, has already been done and its a real buzz doing weird stuff for the first time, then doing diff variations of it.... :)

Beerfan

Post by Beerfan » Thu Sep 30, 2010 9:28 pm

I wanna go!!

maraetai
Grommet

Post by maraetai » Fri Oct 01, 2010 8:34 am

Never done a 360 (intentionally). Would like to have ago. Will be travelling up the coast in a few weeks so will be in contact. When is it going to be ready?