Mini Simmons

A place for longboarders, eggers, fish riders... if alternative surfcraft is your game, here's the place to chat about it

Moderators: collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, Shari, the kalakau kid, Forum Moderators

batoes
charger

Re: Mini Simmons

Post by batoes » Tue May 14, 2013 12:15 pm

I know. They are nice looking boards and he's added a few more to the line-up that look good too. Too many boards, too few dollars, too few days to surf!
Hatchnam wrote:
Filthy little hipster.

JaM71
charger

Post by JaM71 » Tue May 14, 2013 9:24 pm

batoes wrote:I know. They are nice looking boards and he's added a few more to the line-up that look good too. Too many boards, too few dollars, too few days to surf!
Sure are, if they re now being produced up here hopefully there will be a couple in the line up. A lot of shapers up here are doing their mini sim versions.

Interesting that you like yours in spring and summer...I get mine out more in the cleaner autumn and winter conditions! Mine is a twin keel tho...maybe that's why I dig it more on the points.
Davros: "But it felt a bit long and stiff"

pirate_agenda
regular

Post by pirate_agenda » Sat Mar 01, 2014 12:33 pm

fongss wrote:Ok, I'm open too any design, but
This didn't work for me.
I'm currently doing dings on one.....and the bloke was so distressed he couldn't surf it for a few days I honestly had source him a loaner (Thxs huie)

That's how they rate

Some blokes just love em! Normal ppl find them stupid.

I find them a joke, rather a hp shorty or a mid length.

But those that love em.....love em with a passion.

Poor deranged fools
i prefer something a little more pulled in and rockered to make them slightly more HP on a daily basis grovel type board, but gotta admit the full on over volumed, straight railed, flat rocketed, mini simmons are fun for driving off the keels and cruising on down the line tiny waves.

Beerfan

Post by Beerfan » Mon Mar 03, 2014 2:39 pm

My 5'4" JD would probably come under the mini simmons category. I got it as a replacement for my 9'1". It's for tiny fat slow waves. Last surf I had on it was waist high close to shore, half decent waves. Catches waves just as easy as the 9'1", is crazy fast, but is so light and loose it's not funny. Instead of cruising along, I'm turning like there's no tomorrow. Head high it's almost uncontrollable, but I have a JD keel fish for head high haha.

If I had the choice of what I surfed everyday it'd be walling, long left hand point waves for the keel fish ( sorry everyone, I really like them ), but i have to surf what's there, when I get the time to get to the beach. And often it's up to head high and average.

pridmore
Owl status

Post by pridmore » Tue Apr 08, 2014 2:23 pm

few pics that fit the mini sim category, I love this style of board and have been tweaking and tinkering with many different versions for years now...