?

A place for longboarders, eggers, fish riders... if alternative surfcraft is your game, here's the place to chat about it

Moderators: collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, Shari, the kalakau kid, Forum Moderators

Cpt.Caveman
barnacle

Re: ?

Post by Cpt.Caveman » Mon Oct 17, 2011 6:19 pm

Yeah true, using the mini "training wheels" fins changes it all too...

I guess I need to decide between wanting a pure finless board and going nuts with bottom contours, or whether I want to put some plugs in for the finned option...

Theres always the chance I'll try crazy bottom contours and end up with the blank in pieces too... haha! :D
Davros wrote:Ego saved - surfing experience rubbish.

pridmore
Owl status

Post by pridmore » Mon Oct 17, 2011 7:35 pm

or go your crazy bottom contours and throw some plugs on justin case....

pridmore
Owl status

Post by pridmore » Wed Oct 26, 2011 10:48 pm

shaped a 5'10" Fish-Finger the other day, its for a guy who tried all my semi-finless stuff at last demo day, funny how nobody wanted to try them coz they were unsure how hard it would be and alot of people think they are gunna fall off all over the place, and sometimes they do ... but 2 people who did try, one ordered one and the other bought one off me...not saying they go amazing and are for everyone coz they are not, but they are crazy fun and if ya open to it and wanna experience a different way of riding a wave, and just enjoy the challenge of trying to master it, then its hard to beat in the right waves..... 8) bla bla bla..... :roll: pretty hard to see too much in the pics but my photog is a 8 yr old girl...
makin up some long, low, ultra flexy keels for it so it can have some grip or not, options...scooped out a flute-groove along stringer too, did this on others and worked a treat....fun to shape and even more fun to ride.... 8)

alakaboo
Huey's Right Hand

Post by alakaboo » Wed Oct 26, 2011 11:06 pm

Like the outline on that one better. Not sure if it is the photos, but it looks like more of an alaia shape? Wide point well forward and tapering slowly?

pridmore
Owl status

Post by pridmore » Thu Oct 27, 2011 8:00 am

yep, less curve coz he is riding his different to me, I am into spins where he wants to trim mostly and do little drifts but with the fin/finless options , he can still spin if he chooses, he thinks he wont wanna do many spins but I know that'll change once he does a few....and I get to ride it too..... :)

pridmore
Owl status

Post by pridmore » Fri Nov 04, 2011 9:38 pm