Miller Surfboards Video Online

A place for longboarders, eggers, fish riders... if alternative surfcraft is your game, here's the place to chat about it

Moderators: collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, Shari, the kalakau kid, Forum Moderators

SDC
regular

Miller Surfboards Video Online

Post by SDC » Mon Mar 08, 2010 6:57 pm

Firstly, Yes, I know Grant Miller and ride his F-Skate Fish Style surfboard, and am giving his boards a bit of a plug, after having a heap of fun on the F-Skate.

With all the conjecture about different styles of boards you see when checking out surf shops and 'Surfing the Net' it's good to see some footage of the guy who shapes the boards riding his own equipment in conditions typically found on the East Coast of Australia.

I have used the F-Skate more than any others in my quiver, in conditions which suit - small to overhead conditions, and when I was searching the net, very few manufacturers had actual footage of "Normal Surfers" riding a variety of different boards. Sure there's footage of boards being used, but mainly by Pro's who rip the bag out of any wave on any style of surfboard, and usually in pristine conditions.

If you check out Millers website you can see the range of boards Grant shapes in action.

www.waterskatesurfboards.com/videos.html

Take the time to check them out.

Cheers

SDC

NuclearFishin

Re: Miller Surfboards Video Online

Post by NuclearFishin » Sat Mar 13, 2010 8:44 am

Thanks for posting that - really enjoyable .
I like GM's ideas , he talks a lot of sense.Emphasis on the fundamentals.( A bit envious of his lifestyle too , ha ).If I still lived in Oz I'd likely be getting a board or two off him.
Solid surfing there - the 'guns ' section at North Narra reminds me a lot of vintage Terry Fitz .

buzzy
barnacle

Post by buzzy » Sat Mar 13, 2010 10:37 am

Actually, that gun section reminds me of a sequence in Morning of the Earth where Nat is surfing backhand toward the start of the film - it could even be at NN. Grant has almost the exact same bottom turn/top turn drift thing happening as Nat has in that sequence and I wouldn't be surprised if Grant either modelled his turn on that (and Terry Fitz as well - I can see that influence too) or was subconsciously influenced by that.

It was interesting to watch Grant on his Waterskate and on the F-Skate. Different waves of course but he just looked more comfortable on the Waterskate. And incidentally on that I have a waterskate and that type of fuller small to mid size wave is exactly when the Waterskate seems to work best.

JET01
barnacle

Post by JET01 » Sat Mar 13, 2010 4:58 pm

I'm a big fan of my 6'8 waterskate
Live in the sunshine, swim the sea, drink the wild air.

lessormore
barnacle

Post by lessormore » Sat Mar 13, 2010 7:15 pm

Can't let the facts ruin a good story now, can we! :oops:
Just when you thought life couldn't get any worse-
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zUfKnqv2C3k

Grab-Rail Cutties

Post by Grab-Rail Cutties » Sat Mar 13, 2010 7:29 pm

It was fitzy that smacked grant onto a pile of board repairs.
Also miller that took it to the po-po.

sean--
barnacle

Post by sean-- » Sat Mar 13, 2010 8:00 pm

So when did all this happen ?
As for Grants boards I've had a few and they have been unreal.

SDC
regular

Post by SDC » Sun Mar 14, 2010 2:33 pm

Yeah this incident happened quite sometime ago, and I'm sure both parties involved have moved on - It's now history as they say.