Next board ?

A place for longboarders, eggers, fish riders... if alternative surfcraft is your game, here's the place to chat about it

Moderators: collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, Shari, the kalakau kid, Forum Moderators

WANDERER
Owl status

Re: Next board ?

Post by WANDERER » Thu Dec 17, 2009 1:17 pm

next board will hopefully be a Tyler 'Point' model bought in person from El Segundo...

mical
barnacle

Post by mical » Thu Dec 17, 2009 1:23 pm

Hatchman wrote:I'm due to get my new 8'6" today
Hatchman wrote:the 7' will always be the main board, especially for Gunna where it goes brilliantly.
Hatchman wrote:
Wingnut wrote:Big Left at Flinders possibly?
Yep :wink:

One of my favorite surf spots, next to Gunnamatta of course.
Now I know who to look for and snake next time I'm down at Gunna or Flinders :twisted:

Did you buy that new dress to go with your 8'6" like I suggested Hatchy?

Too long a paddle . . . MAN UP :arrow: :wink:

Grooter
Duke Status

Post by Grooter » Thu Dec 17, 2009 1:40 pm

mical wrote: Now I know who to look for and snake next time I'm down at Gunna or Flinders :twisted:
Bring it on cnut :lol:
mical wrote:Did you buy that new dress to go with your 8'6" like I suggested Hatchy?

Too long a paddle . . . MAN UP :arrow: :wink:
Fcuk mate I'll buy the matching hand-bag, jewellery and high-heels because I'm over the 500 metre paddle just to get out the back :oops:
some cnut wrote:There are only two real problems that we face in life, knowing what we want but being unable to know how to get it and/or not knowing what we want
It's possible to hate the filthy world and still love it with an abstract pitying love

mical
barnacle

Post by mical » Thu Dec 17, 2009 3:00 pm

Hatchman wrote:
mical wrote: Now I know who to look for and snake next time I'm down at Gunna or Flinders :twisted:
Bring it on cnut :lol:
We will have to catch up for a wave one day mate, next time I'm headed down your way I'll let you know.

Grooter
Duke Status

Post by Grooter » Thu Dec 17, 2009 3:30 pm

^^^

For sure mate
some cnut wrote:There are only two real problems that we face in life, knowing what we want but being unable to know how to get it and/or not knowing what we want
It's possible to hate the filthy world and still love it with an abstract pitying love

sean--
barnacle

Post by sean-- » Thu Dec 17, 2009 10:04 pm

WANDERER wrote:next board will hopefully be a Tyler 'Point' model bought in person from El Segundo...
You'll definately have to send in a pic of that.

SDA
Grommet

Post by SDA » Fri Dec 18, 2009 12:03 pm

WANDERER wrote:next board will hopefully be a Tyler 'Point' model bought in person from El Segundo...
Nice!! Given the current dollar you could buy one cheaper from the man himself, rather than a Southcoast ghost shape.

I've got my box of boards arriving from California early next week - Long process but it will be worth it!! :D
Don't name spots on the internet!!!

grimshine
Grommet

Post by grimshine » Fri Dec 18, 2009 1:45 pm

Last time I contacted Tyler about a custom craftsman I was quoted about $2300 US for the board to be shipped over here. I think they retail for a bit under US $2000. I'd rather an Aussie made for the price. Have to admit though if I was going overseas I'd be bringing back a Coop, Bing and Tyler for sure. C'est la vie. :mrgreen:

SDA
Grommet

Post by SDA » Fri Dec 18, 2009 1:58 pm

grimshine wrote:Last time I contacted Tyler about a custom craftsman I was quoted about $2300 US for the board to be shipped over here. I think they retail for a bit under US $2000. I'd rather an Aussie made for the price. Have to admit though if I was going overseas I'd be bringing back a Coop, Bing and Tyler for sure. C'est la vie. :mrgreen:
A Southcoast ghost shaped Tyler was $2,500 AU last time I was in Quicksilver Torquay. At an exhange rate of 91 cents to the US dollar, based on $2,300 US, you would pay an additional $27 AU for a board shaped by Tyler. Hmmm.....

Grooter
Duke Status

Post by Grooter » Fri Dec 18, 2009 1:59 pm

^^^

I wouldn't buy any board from a Torquay surfshop.

They are usually ridiculously over-priced

grimshine
Grommet

Post by grimshine » Fri Dec 18, 2009 2:02 pm

SDA wrote:
grimshine wrote:Last time I contacted Tyler about a custom craftsman I was quoted about $2300 US for the board to be shipped over here. I think they retail for a bit under US $2000. I'd rather an Aussie made for the price. Have to admit though if I was going overseas I'd be bringing back a Coop, Bing and Tyler for sure. C'est la vie. :mrgreen:
A Southcoast ghost shaped Tyler was $2,500 AU last time I was in Quicksilver Torquay. At an exhange rate of 91 cents to the US dollar, based on $2,300 US, you would pay an additional $27 AU for a board shaped by Tyler. Hmmm.....
Bloody hell!! :shock:

Wingnut
regular

Post by Wingnut » Fri Dec 18, 2009 4:25 pm

Hatchman wrote:^^^

I wouldn't buy any board from a Torquay surfshop.

They are usually ridiculously over-priced
Yep & glassed with rice paper! :wink:

Grooter
Duke Status

Post by Grooter » Fri Dec 18, 2009 5:00 pm

^^^

Aye totally.

I has seen some absolute dogs of boards there, pressure dented to sh.it, poorly patched dings everywhere and sticker prices on the wrong side of $600 for fcuking short-boards.

SDA
Grommet

Post by SDA » Fri Dec 18, 2009 5:09 pm

Boards in Victoria are generally priced higher than other states anyway. I have only ever purchased one from Victoria.. the others I've owned were from interstate (1 Noosa, 2 Byron Bay, 3 Nth Beaches Sydney and a GSI.. shhh don't tell anyone!).. and now the latest batch are from California.
Last edited by SDA on Thu Jun 16, 2011 9:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sean--
barnacle

Post by sean-- » Sat Dec 19, 2009 8:40 am

SDA wrote:Boards in Victoria are generally priced higher than other states anyway. I have only ever purchased one from Victoria.. the others I've owned were from interstate (1 Noosa, 2 Byron Bay, 3 Nth Beaches Sydney and a GSI.. shhh don't tell anyone!).. and now the latest batch are from Hermosa Beach, California.
A lot of boards from Noosa and Byron aren't too cheap either.
So what did you get from the states?

SDA
Grommet

Post by SDA » Mon Dec 21, 2009 1:27 pm

sean-- wrote:So what did you get from the states?
SDA wrote:9'10", 9'6", 7'10" & 6'6" :D
Should be here tomorrow! :D
Last edited by SDA on Thu Jun 16, 2011 9:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sean--
barnacle

Post by sean-- » Wed Dec 23, 2009 2:06 pm

SDA wrote:
sean-- wrote:So what did you get from the states?
SDA wrote:9'10" SS, 9'6" LB, 7'10" MF & 6'6" Q4 :D
Should be here tomorrow! :D
Send pics.