Next board ?

A place for longboarders, eggers, fish riders... if alternative surfcraft is your game, here's the place to chat about it

Moderators: collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, Shari, the kalakau kid, Forum Moderators

Wingnut
regular

Re: Next board ?

Post by Wingnut » Fri Sep 18, 2009 10:13 pm

Next board?

Hmm...I'd love to try a traditional keel fin fish just to see how fast they really are.

SDA
Grommet

Post by SDA » Mon Oct 26, 2009 3:52 pm

9'10", 9'6", 7'10" & 6'6" :D
Last edited by SDA on Thu Jun 16, 2011 9:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Don't name spots on the internet!!!

black duck
Snowy McAllister

Post by black duck » Mon Oct 26, 2009 11:01 pm

Wingnut wrote:Next board?

Hmm...I'd love to try a traditional keel fin fish just to see how fast they really are.
IMG_2618.jpg
IMG_2618.jpg (47.4 KiB) Viewed 5339 times
IMG_2616.jpg
IMG_2616.jpg (38.31 KiB) Viewed 5339 times
Like one of these suckers?
Answer - pretty fast but only cause they don't have much rocker or centre fin drag. IMO.
smnmntll wrote:
Wed Aug 01, 2018 3:20 pm
You foaming spangoloids need to chill before you all do wetties on the carpet

Beerfan

Post by Beerfan » Tue Oct 27, 2009 6:28 am

Sweet looking board black duck. Even with a bit more modern rocker they still fly, but you can turn em too!!

Im trying to settle a backpay issue at work at the moment. When ( or IF, they're going very slowly!!! ) it comes through, i've got my eye on a bat tail fishy quad.

Chillin
charger

Post by Chillin » Tue Oct 27, 2009 6:31 pm

Here ya go Wingnut ol buddy, this is Matt Calvani, of 'Bing' surfboards in California, flying at Lohi's on a Keel fish during my recent trip ti the Maldives.
Your opinion is worth as much as it costs.

Wingnut
regular

Post by Wingnut » Fri Dec 11, 2009 10:03 pm

Love the glass on keels, very nice. :D

grimshine
Grommet

Post by grimshine » Sat Dec 12, 2009 7:42 am

10' Seahorse by Dain Thomas. I took your advice Sean and ordered one. Pick up in February..I'll let you know how it glides.

sean--
barnacle

Post by sean-- » Mon Dec 14, 2009 5:12 pm

grimshine wrote:10' Seahorse by Dain Thomas. I took your advice Sean and ordered one. Pick up in February..I'll let you know how it glides.
Send pics.

NuclearFishin

Post by NuclearFishin » Mon Dec 14, 2009 7:13 pm

Chillin wrote:Here ya go Wingnut ol buddy, this is Matt Calvani, of 'Bing' surfboards in California, flying at Lohi's on a Keel fish during my recent trip ti the Maldives.
Flying is right !I'd be a happy boy after a ride like that.
Maybe I'm a bit slow , but does everyone realize you can watch the vid by clicking on the picture ?

Wingnut
regular

Post by Wingnut » Thu Dec 17, 2009 12:06 am

Chillin wrote:Here ya go Wingnut ol buddy, this is Matt Calvani, of 'Bing' surfboards in California, flying at Lohi's on a Keel fish during my recent trip ti the Maldives.
Jesus that's fast, love the way he outruns the wave then comes back for a bit more of it.

Spoon
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Spoon » Thu Dec 17, 2009 9:06 am

If I had the money I would talk to Billy Tolhurst and get him to make me a new mal, maybe 9'2" - 9'4" to take me into my twilight years. My current Tolhurst which I have had years has been a cracker and I already have a Miller powerglide.
Al this is gold. "She didn't realise I was fairly high and spent much of the evening trying to figure out why a purple and orange cow wanted me to climb a tree."

Grooter
Duke Status

Post by Grooter » Thu Dec 17, 2009 9:58 am

I'm due to get my new 8'6" today, just in time for Sunday morning which is shaping as the ideal day to test it out :D
some cnut wrote:There are only two real problems that we face in life, knowing what we want but being unable to know how to get it and/or not knowing what we want
It's possible to hate the filthy world and still love it with an abstract pitying love

RickyG
Snowy McAllister

Post by RickyG » Thu Dec 17, 2009 10:41 am

8'6''? You're a longboarder in denial mate :lol:
andy2476 wrote:
Ricky gets my vote. I hate undercover tards.

Grooter
Duke Status

Post by Grooter » Thu Dec 17, 2009 11:10 am

RickyG wrote:8'6''? You're a longboarder in denial mate :lol:
:D

Nah this baby is just for a couple of breaks I like to surf that happen to be a fair paddle away at some outer reefs.

The 7' wasn't making the trip out easy nor was it contending well with mal riders, goaters and those SUP fcukers that are out there as well
some cnut wrote:There are only two real problems that we face in life, knowing what we want but being unable to know how to get it and/or not knowing what we want
It's possible to hate the filthy world and still love it with an abstract pitying love

RickyG
Snowy McAllister

Post by RickyG » Thu Dec 17, 2009 11:44 am

^^Fair enuff, just havin' a dig

Try and post a pic when you get it (I imagine 8'6'' is too big to do a scaled-up shortboard so it'd be interesting to see it)
andy2476 wrote:
Ricky gets my vote. I hate undercover tards.

Wingnut
regular

Post by Wingnut » Thu Dec 17, 2009 12:33 pm

Hatchman wrote:

Nah this baby is just for a couple of breaks I like to surf that happen to be a fair paddle away at some outer reefs.

The 7' wasn't making the trip out easy nor was it contending well with mal riders, goaters and those SUP fcukers that are out there as well

Big Left at Flinders possibly?

Grooter
Duke Status

Post by Grooter » Thu Dec 17, 2009 12:53 pm

Wingnut wrote:
Hatchman wrote:

Big Left at Flinders possibly?
Yep :wink:

One of my favorite surf spots, next to Gunnamatta of course. My 7' goes great out there but the paddle and the competition makes it pretty damn tough; I'm not built like a pro-surfer so hopefully this should give me the extra paddle power and earlier take-off that I need. I'll also use it on really small gutless days if the mood strikes but the 7' will always be the main board, especially for Gunna where it goes brilliantly.

WANDERER
Owl status

Post by WANDERER » Thu Dec 17, 2009 1:17 pm

next board will hopefully be a Tyler 'Point' model bought in person from El Segundo...