7S Superfish Feedback

A place for longboarders, eggers, fish riders... if alternative surfcraft is your game, here's the place to chat about it

Moderators: collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, Shari, the kalakau kid, Forum Moderators

OddaP
barnacle

7S Superfish Feedback

Post by OddaP » Thu Aug 06, 2009 12:23 pm

Hi, a chance to pick up a 7S Superfish 6'0" x 20 1/4" x 2 7/8" 2nd hand.

Are they any good (I know they're GSI made...)?

Just for small, fat, gutless surf? What about small, quick closeouts?

I'm just under 6 ft, 78-80 kgs, never ridden a fish, normally ride a 6'2 squash tail, is 6ft the right size?

What fins should go in there? (Sold without fins)

Opinions and feedback appreciated.

the hulkster
Grommet

Re: 7S Superfish Feedback

Post by the hulkster » Thu Aug 06, 2009 1:34 pm

http://www.surfindustries.com/surfboard ... ardAdvisor

Try this link about the board. There are quite a few reviews there as well.

LONGINUS
barnacle

Post by LONGINUS » Thu Aug 06, 2009 1:54 pm

Get a Mark Pridmore Fatbat Quad about ya Podge :D
salty wrote:Surfing Atlas WTF? ...I have to pay a sign-up fee in order to expose to the masses, pictures of and directions to my favorite breaks! http://www.surfingatlas.com

OddaP
barnacle

Post by OddaP » Thu Aug 06, 2009 2:40 pm

LONGINUS wrote:Get a Mark Pridmore Fatbat Quad about ya Podge :D
Not sure that Mark would be able to match the $250 price tag mate :o

the hulkster
Grommet

Post by the hulkster » Thu Aug 06, 2009 3:13 pm

OddaP wrote:
For $250 i'll take it.

brenno05
Local

Post by brenno05 » Wed Aug 26, 2009 8:42 pm

did you end up getting the 7S?? if you didnt im pretty interested...could you pm the details?

cheers
Active care for an active lifestyle
Manly Chiropractor
http://www.nbchiro.com.au

eMpowered
Local

Post by eMpowered » Wed Aug 26, 2009 10:51 pm

OddaP wrote:
Ex Fcckern aclty, And that's how I (And many others lost our Factory/Stopped Shaping).

Good luck peanut head.

If you can't find a good Aussie second hand Fish for $250, You Should not be in the ocean.

This is the shit that really pisses me off.

How about you fcck off to thailand, and whilst your screwing young thai chicks, maybe you could teach all those cobra and the likes employee's how to surf, Oh but wait! Maybe you could help most of them set foot into the water, Cause most of em have never even seen it.

Fcck it, I'm puttin out some green ones...... :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

OddaP
barnacle

Post by OddaP » Fri Aug 28, 2009 12:23 pm

brenno05 wrote:did you end up getting the 7S?? if you didnt im pretty interested...could you pm the details?
No went for a lot lot more, stupid price really.
eMpowered wrote:
Ex Fcckern aclty, And that's how I (And many others lost our Factory/Stopped Shaping).

Good luck peanut head.

If you can't find a good Aussie second hand Fish for $250, You Should not be in the ocean.

This is the shit that really pisses me off.

How about you fcck off to thailand, and whilst your screwing young thai chicks, maybe you could teach all those cobra and the likes employee's how to surf, Oh but wait! Maybe you could help most of them set foot into the water, Cause most of em have never even seen it.

Fcck it, I'm puttin out some green ones...... :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
cheers

Empowered, pull your peanut head of your arse.

Its a second hand baord that was already in the market place.

I have always bought local and now buy custom from my old home town even though I live on the other side of the country. Any board, new or 2nd in WA is stupidly expensive, it was listed at a very low price and I figured I could nab it at $250, a stupidly low price. Anyway I didn't.

If I was to buy a fish/grovel new it would be local and it would be custom. Seeing as it looks likely that I will be moving to the far north coast within 6 months I was going to order something from that area in the fish/grovel space when I arrived. I think you are in that general area? I won't contact you about making me 1 peanut head.

Mr Green right back at ya :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

gibber
Local

Post by gibber » Tue Sep 29, 2009 12:12 am

I thought you 'alternative craft' types were peace loving folk accepting of all...

guess i was sold the wrong dream

pridmore
Owl status

Post by pridmore » Tue Sep 29, 2009 7:30 am

I guess you would have to understand that alot of people were really affected by the mass intro of the asian produced cheapies, so hard to be critical of a guy who may have lost his livelihood , put yourself in his shoes , imagine if all of a sudden your work was taken away from you by someone else and you had no way of making a buck, and couldnt feed the family and pay the bills....and all because they were producing a cheaper and poorer qulaity product and flooding the market, gotta understand a little...
anyway, if you like the 7S than you would blow ya load on a Fat-Bat, but I understand why some guys get them , so many cheap ones on e-bay but gotta wonder why...... :roll: :roll: :roll:

Quangers
Local

Post by Quangers » Tue Sep 29, 2009 9:26 am

[quote="pridmore"]
anyway, if you like the 7S than you would blow ya load on a Fat-Bat

I second that - my brother owns a 7S and I've surfed it heaps - not a bad board for junky conditions. I used to think it was really fun until I rode a FatBat of similar dimensions :shock:
Riding that 7S is now like driving a commodore with a 4 cylinder, whereas the FatBat feels like it's got a V8.

oldman
Snowy McAllister

Post by oldman » Tue Sep 29, 2009 10:10 am

gibber wrote:I thought you 'alternative craft' types were peace loving folk accepting of all...

:lol: :lol: :lol: Ain't that the truth!
pridmore wrote:....and all because they were producing a cheaper and poorer qulaity product and flooding the market,
Were they ever that much cheaper here Mark? I've got no idea as I'm not interested in a 7S, but I have been looking through a few board shops in Sydney of recent months and have been left agog ( :shock: ) at the prices being sought in the shops. Base prices for new boards seem to be at the upper end of the custom price range. I'm back to thinking I'll never buy a shop board again.

On return from a south coast jaunt I stopped in at 'natural necessity' down at Gerringong for alook around. My folks used to live down there so I would get there regularly but haven't been for years. They have a huge range of 'alternative' product, and I was interested to note the full carbon fibre boards (I think!) with an asking price of $2250. That was for a short board.

If you have money, there are no end of people trying to part you with it.
Lucky Al wrote:You could call your elbows borogoves, and your knees bandersnatches, and go whiffling through the tulgey woods north of narrabeen, burbling as you came.

oldman
Snowy McAllister

Post by oldman » Tue Sep 29, 2009 11:41 am

iggy wrote:
oldman wrote:...natural necessity....
that place is appalling..
wall to wall tufflite..
Well, nearly. They did have a few firewires, some carbon fibre boards.

In fact, what you couldn't find in there is a standard fibreglass shortboard.

Surprisingly the rash vest range was pretty ordinary and in the end I couldn't find one that I thought I couldn't get much cheaper in Sydney.

Says a lot.

Does anyone think that $80 or $90 is a reasonable price for a long armed rash vest? Not a 1 mm vest or anything like that, just normal rash vest?
Lucky Al wrote:You could call your elbows borogoves, and your knees bandersnatches, and go whiffling through the tulgey woods north of narrabeen, burbling as you came.

Grooter
Duke Status

Post by Grooter » Tue Sep 29, 2009 11:54 am

oldman wrote: Does anyone think that $80 or $90 is a reasonable price for a long armed rash vest? Not a 1 mm vest or anything like that, just normal rash vest?
That sounds like a lot for a rashie, although the last long-armed one I bought was 5 years ago and I paid about $30 for it.

Was thinking of getting a hot skin but they're about $120 down here - might wait till next year, my old rashie combined with the 3x2, boots and hood will see me out now as the coldest water temps are past
some cnut wrote:There are only two real problems that we face in life, knowing what we want but being unable to know how to get it and/or not knowing what we want
It's possible to hate the filthy world and still love it with an abstract pitying love

Trev
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Trev » Tue Sep 29, 2009 12:54 pm

oldman wrote: Does anyone think that $80 or $90 is a reasonable price for a long armed rash vest? Not a 1 mm vest or anything like that, just normal rash vest?
I saw some the other day for $49. No name brand but had the proper amount of give in it - not like some. I'm badly in need of one. My current one is all saggy ( a bit like the wearer, really. :oops: )
Beanpole
You aren’t the room Yuke You are just a wonky cafe table with a missing rubber pad on the end of one leg.

Skipper
I still don't buy the "official" narrative about 9/11. Oh sure, it happened, fcuk yeah. But who and why and how I'm, not convinced it was what we've been told.

pridmore
Owl status

Post by pridmore » Tue Sep 29, 2009 5:01 pm

oldman wrote:
gibber wrote:I thought you 'alternative craft' types were peace loving folk accepting of all...

:lol: :lol: :lol: Ain't that the truth!
pridmore wrote:....and all because they were producing a cheaper and poorer qulaity product and flooding the market,
Were they ever that much cheaper here Mark? I've got no idea as I'm not interested in a 7S, but I have been looking through a few board shops in Sydney of recent months and have been left agog ( :shock: ) at the prices being sought in the shops. Base prices for new boards seem to be at the upper end of the custom price range. I'm back to thinking I'll never buy a shop board again.

On return from a south coast jaunt I stopped in at 'natural necessity' down at Gerringong for alook around. My folks used to live down there so I would get there regularly but haven't been for years. They have a huge range of 'alternative' product, and I was interested to note the full carbon fibre boards (I think!) with an asking price of $2250. That was for a short board.

If you have money, there are no end of people trying to part you with it.
Yeah, was actually talking bout this today, if the prices to produce a board in Thailand is sooo much cheaper, why are they comparable ( or even dearer sometimes ) in price ??? I dont care what price they are but seems to be bit weird to me.....

as for the carbon , well I have only ridden one and it felt horrible, so rigid and seperate from the wave, felt every bump and it was super twitchy, the shape had something to do with that but the overall feeling of the board was very different and for me, not good different....great if you wanna keep a board til you die maybe....maybe when used in the right way but this was all carbon and dont think I could enjoy the way it felt, or spend any time on it to get used to it....
I do PU customs from $500 and only sell PU atm, have dabbled in epoxy and will do so again in the future but for now, I love the way a good shape PU-PE feels..... 8)

OddaP
barnacle

Post by OddaP » Tue Sep 29, 2009 5:30 pm

pridmore wrote:I guess you would have to understand that alot of people were really affected by the mass intro of the asian produced cheapies, so hard to be critical of a guy who may have lost his livelihood , put yourself in his shoes , imagine if all of a sudden your work was taken away from you by someone else and you had no way of making a buck, and couldnt feed the family and pay the bills....and all because they were producing a cheaper and poorer qulaity product and flooding the market, gotta understand a little...
anyway, if you like the 7S than you would blow ya load on a Fat-Bat, but I understand why some guys get them , so many cheap ones on e-bay but gotta wonder why...... :roll: :roll: :roll:
I understand that Mark, what I took offence was the assumptions that were made, it was a chance to nab something at a knock down price thats all, as it happens it sold for $400, which is a stupid price, the chance of finding any decent hand board in WA for $250 is very unlikely.

I buy custom and value the craftsmanship reckon I will always buy custom as I can get what I want.

pridmore
Owl status

Post by pridmore » Tue Sep 29, 2009 5:43 pm

dunno if I wrote something to take offence to ??? ( think it was empowered who got toey and probably with reason considering his personal experiences with Asian boards IMO ) anyway, seems like you were just looking for a cheap groveller, and they prob do that ok...I was always say ride whatever you want...but I am a big fan of keeping the dollars going to Aussie shapers....
Why are boards so dear over there ( WA ), is it coz the blanks and resins are dearer due to shipping costs from the east coast....I have sent a few over there and guys didnt mind paying 160 for freight... :?: