IDEA ?

A place for longboarders, eggers, fish riders... if alternative surfcraft is your game, here's the place to chat about it

Moderators: collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, Shari, the kalakau kid, Forum Moderators

scot
regular

Post by scot » Wed May 21, 2008 2:28 pm

pridmore wrote:OK, Project "MORE the merrier" it is. Bit short on test pilots on the goldy and none in Byron or Ballina yet. No interest from south of Sydney yet except SDA in Melbourne. let the fun begin...
If you need a test pilot around cooly I'm in.

pridmore
Owl status

Post by pridmore » Wed May 21, 2008 2:40 pm

info about where and when it will be heading off to will be posted soon, probably when the board is close to completion. Shaping Monday or Tuesday (26th, 27th ) , prob post some pics or maybe leave it as a surprise coz some will be amped to ride it but the less open minded might disregard because they dont think its suited but I hope all will give it a go and hopefully enjoy the experience either way....hope to have board complete approximately 10 th of June.......cheers

tiger
barnacle

Post by tiger » Wed May 21, 2008 3:08 pm

Sounds like fun Mark. I'm sure we'll have a bit of an M&G and put it thru it's paces. Shape whatever ya think will be versatile for everybody but still retain some performance. I'm sure you'll come up with something fun.

Cuttlefish
barnacle

pridmore's board

Post by Cuttlefish » Wed May 21, 2008 3:53 pm

I'd hazard to guess all posters on this part of the forum will be stoked to have a chance to ride what you make in the spirit of sharing the stoke of surfing. Me included.

pridmore
Owl status

Re: pridmore's board

Post by pridmore » Wed May 21, 2008 3:57 pm

Cuttlefish wrote:I'd hazard to guess all posters on this part of the forum will be stoked to have a chance to ride what you make in the spirit of sharing the stoke of surfing. Me included.
CHEERS for that, its all coming together very nicely, just unsure if its heading north or south first.....

Jorgo
Local

Post by Jorgo » Wed May 21, 2008 5:24 pm

Why not send it in the direction of who wins the State of Origin tonight ie. if Qld wins send it north first and if NSW send it south. :cry: :wink:

pridmore
Owl status

Post by pridmore » Fri May 23, 2008 8:13 am

She will be heading to the Sunny Coast on the 5th ( if all goes to plan and my glasser pulls his finger out ), I will arrange to meet up with someone or a few guys for a session that day , probably around the Maroochydore stretch coz I have a few boards to deliver to that area at same time....will contact a few crew up there to have it for a while before she starts her journey south from there......let the fun begin....

marcus_h
charger

Post by marcus_h » Fri May 23, 2008 10:07 am

The 5th aye...just blanked out my work calendar!

This is going to be so fun.

pridmore
Owl status

Post by pridmore » Tue May 27, 2008 4:55 pm

The "MORE the merrier" board has been shaped , will post some pics tommorrow....

rightbrainpositive
Local

Post by rightbrainpositive » Wed May 28, 2008 3:19 pm

Ok, here it is guys... pics and a description of the "MORE the Merrier" boards.

Mark has asked me to upload the pics and caption because I think he has been too busy shaping and surfing to learn how to upload them for himself :!:

-----------------------------------------------

Ok, this is it, it is 6'3" x 20 5/8" x 2 11/16",Bat tail ( with rails an inch shorter than on stringer, same theory as a diamond tail ), shallow single feeding into a fairly deep double concave thru the fins, my standard Fat-Bat rocker with a extra kick in the tail, going to be a quaddy with 5 fcs plugs and I will include the tail fin for those who want to try it as a 5 finner ( or any other fin set-up they feel like trying ??? ), fairly low ( but still forgiving ) rails that get quite hard and edgey in the tail. Was challenging trying to make something to suit so many different shapes and sizes ( average weight/height of surfers who PM'd their details was 88.4 kg's and 5'11) of its potential test pilots but this is it, hope you surf it and enjoy it for what it is whether its the right dimensions for you or not, hope we all get to meet some like minded surfers and share the surfing experience, might even make a few good friends out of this, cheers, MORE updates soon., MP

* Smiling in the pics just for you RV, the last one is me going 'Batty' after doing 5 Fat-Bats in a row ( someone said too much batting off.....)

-----------------------------

I think he's also smiling about his last surf (as his sunburnt face will testify): 3-4ft Anga's with Rod Dahlberg and Gordon Merchant. Tough life hey? 8)

I hope this post gives everyone a bit of late, Wednesday stoke...
Top effort Mark, we are all looking forward to surfing the "MtM" board :)

ric_vidal
Snowy McAllister

Post by ric_vidal » Wed May 28, 2008 3:58 pm

rightbrainpositive wrote:* Smiling in the pics just for you RV...
RB(+) he used up his Sydney posting connection. :lol:

Now MP I quite like colourful boards... I think a nice character building shade of dayglo PINK so these poofs can get in touch with their feminine sides and we can recognise it in the line up. :twisted:

I knew you had a smile in you Mark. Look forward to seeing it in the flesh.

MORE the merrier®

P.S. now about the edges in the lawn... :D

pridmore
Owl status

Post by pridmore » Wed May 28, 2008 5:37 pm

dont know about fluro pink RV, what about all aqua, then it could be known as the 'Aqua-Bat' ???? open to suggestions on colours and spray ???? doing it tommorrow

rightbrainpositive
Local

Post by rightbrainpositive » Wed May 28, 2008 6:06 pm

pridmore wrote:dont know about fluro pink RV, what about all aqua, then it could be known as the 'Aqua-Bat' ???? open to suggestions on colours and spray ???? doing it tommorrow
Any colour but this one :wink:

pridmore
Owl status

Post by pridmore » Wed May 28, 2008 6:22 pm

but I still have some of that mixed up and ready to go......wouldnt do that to you....

Trev
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Trev » Wed May 28, 2008 7:07 pm

[quote="rightbrainpositive"]Ok, here it is guys... pics and a description of the "MORE the Merrier" boards.

-----------------------------

quote]

Look! a MINI P

g_u_m_b_y
barnacle

Post by g_u_m_b_y » Wed May 28, 2008 7:20 pm

rightbrainpositive wrote:Image
:lol:
classic!
best photo

marcus_h
charger