IDEA ?

A place for longboarders, eggers, fish riders... if alternative surfcraft is your game, here's the place to chat about it

Moderators: collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, Shari, the kalakau kid, Forum Moderators

pridmore
Owl status

Post by pridmore » Mon May 19, 2008 5:12 pm

Butts wrote:Where I can, will supply pics of RS members riding it. Can travel, but will
need a bit of planning/begging with Mrs Butts :wink:
Possibly Byron to as far South as Ulla, but can't guarantee it as yet. :cry:

Suggestions:
MORE the experience! :oops:

Forever MORE! :oops:

Project MORE fun :oops:

I want MORE :twisted:

keep in touch and hopefully we can get you out to get some pics...please mrs. Butts ?????

****, see this is why I'm not in Marketing :evil:

pridmore
Owl status

Post by pridmore » Mon May 19, 2008 6:23 pm

OK, Project "MORE the merrier" it is. Bit short on test pilots on the goldy and none in Byron or Ballina yet. No interest from south of Sydney yet except SDA in Melbourne. let the fun begin...

marcus_h
charger

Post by marcus_h » Mon May 19, 2008 6:57 pm

Common guys get on board the "MORE the merrier" experience

mustkillmulloway
Owl status

Post by mustkillmulloway » Mon May 19, 2008 7:47 pm

can 'more or less" :lol: say the board will get a run up 1770 when i get hold it

i bags furthestest nth 8)
so who's gonna take it deep sth :shock:

dae's our tasminainan 17 toed corresponent :idea: :lol:

macgreggor
regular

Post by macgreggor » Mon May 19, 2008 8:57 pm

happy to take it to the bluff via Uluru next month?

pridmore
Owl status

Post by pridmore » Mon May 19, 2008 9:12 pm

thanks but dont think we could get it back, we might have to stick to the east coast unless we get alot of interest from the west. Might have to limit each test pilot to 1 week max or it could go for a long time....its looking like being shaped early next week and am wondering if I should post pics or leave it as a surprise to help build anticipation to the awaiting test pilots ????? thiking hybrid-semi fish about 6'0 - 6'4 and going to have to be 2 5/8 - 2 3/4 to have the volume to float the majority of surfers...

Colonel Fiction
regular

Post by Colonel Fiction » Mon May 19, 2008 10:30 pm

Great idea Pridmore.

Sounds like something similar may have been done, but who cares? You'll do it better.

At the risking of sounding stupid, why do you want "more" in the name of your project? I suspect it's to do with your real name, but can you clarify why?

If "more" isn't manadatory (yes, another marketing wanker) then you could consider a name like:

The All-a-Board.

I probably won't volunteer to ride the board - I fear that my surfing inability could rub off on the next rider - but I will definitely follow it's journey with great interest.

Surely there's a book and/or a doco in this.

Maybe there's an RSer who could set up a website for you.

Dingus
Owl status

Post by Dingus » Tue May 20, 2008 1:31 am

mustkillmulloway wrote:can 'more or less" :lol: say the board will get a run up 1770 when i get hold it

i bags furthestest nth 8)
so who's gonna take it deep sth :shock:

dae's our tasminainan 17 toed corresponent :idea: :lol:
:!: I spent a couple years in tassie as a kid and luckily none of them were formative. The good thing about Tasmania is that there's a natural barrier protecting the rest of the world. Like what would happen if someone built a moat around the western suburbs.

What's the time frame? Send it here to France and I'll make sure I do France and Morocco if I can manage it, even Spain on the way.

pridmore
Owl status

Post by pridmore » Tue May 20, 2008 7:10 am

Colonel Fiction wrote:Great idea Pridmore.

Sounds like something similar may have been done, but who cares? You'll do it better.

At the risking of sounding stupid, why do you want "more" in the name of your project? I suspect it's to do with your real name, but can you clarify why?

If "more" isn't manadatory (yes, another marketing wanker) then you could consider a name like:

The All-a-Board.

I probably won't volunteer to ride the board - I fear that my surfing inability could rub off on the next rider - but I will definitely follow it's journey with great interest.

I have a small surfboard business called MORE Surfboards, and its called that due to my last name ( cut in half to simplify things ) and for ease of remembering and marketing ???? I am not trying to get too commercial and make big bucks here but just a little project for fun and to share the stoke of riding alternative craft with other keen surfers but at the same time would like to get my name out there a bit, after all I am supposed to be a business so thats why I am including the name MORE. Thanks RV for the projects name , "MORE the merrier"

Cuttlefish
barnacle

Post by Cuttlefish » Tue May 20, 2008 7:42 am

pridmore wrote:
Colonel Fiction wrote:Great idea Pridmore.

The All-a-Board.

I have a small surfboard business called MORE Surfboards, and its called that due to my last name ( cut in half to simplify things ) and for ease of remembering and marketing ???? I am not trying to get too commercial and make big bucks here but just a little project for fun and to share the stoke of riding alternative craft with other keen surfers but at the same time would like to get my name out there a bit, after all I am supposed to be a business so thats why I am including the name MORE. Thanks RV for the projects name , "MORE the merrier"
I fully realise this fact. That's eggactly (pardon the pun) why I suggested the egg in the first place. If you think of Pavel, you think of what board type? Think of Dick Van Straalen, think of what board type? Think of Mackie, think of what board type? Think of Wilde, think of what board type?
Here's a chance to make a name because you never know what could come of this and a hybrid fish is as common as dog's balls. Walk into any surf shop and you'll find plenty on the racks.
I'd say most Real surf crew would have a fish and a hybrid fish in their quivers. How many have an egg? I don't mean a mini mal either.
I recall reading in PLB an alternative board article and one of the testers was blown out by the egg shape. Why? Because they'd never ridden one. It was thicker than they'd normally ride and they wanted to own one after it. No testers said that about any other board.
Of course you don't have to become Humpty Dumpty (King of the Eggs) out of this but I reckon you'll create more interest in your shaping skills by making something that makes people think outside the square.
Have a look over at Swaylocks. Their longest running thread is about hulls.
I'll shut up now.

pridmore
Owl status

Post by pridmore » Tue May 20, 2008 8:00 am

I have heard your opinion and some points are valid but I am not the type to do what every other shaper does, I never have. You obviously like the egg design quite alot but this board is for a large variety of surfers and I have had several e-mails asking me not to make an egg but at the end of the day I am going to make a board that I feel is a good fun all-rounder for the majority, its not going to suit all but this project isnt only about pushing a design or even pushing my label, its about fun and bringing like minded surfers together. Maybe you should keep your mind a little MORE open coz it is possible that you may even like this board ( if you ride it ) more than your egg, or even just enjoy some parts of the deign and feelings it may create while riding it. Appreciate your thoughts on the egg but I hope you can enjoy this experience no matter what design it ends up , cheers

Cuttlefish
barnacle

Post by Cuttlefish » Tue May 20, 2008 8:16 am

Cool. :D

ric_vidal
Snowy McAllister

Post by ric_vidal » Tue May 20, 2008 9:32 am

So PridMORE, what did I win? :D

If it’s a date with Fong, quite frankly I will be disappointed. :x

OK, give us a ride when it hits Sydney.

The MORE I see you, the MORE I want you...

Is the one size fits all t-shirt going to have the 7 dwarfs on it?

pridmore
Owl status

Post by pridmore » Tue May 20, 2008 10:20 am

ric_vidal wrote:So PridMORE, what did I win? :D

If it’s a date with Fong, quite frankly I will be disappointed. :x

OK, give us a ride when it hits Sydney.

The MORE I see you, the MORE I want you...

Is the one size fits all t-shirt going to have the 7 dwarfs on it?
you can have it first when it heads to steak and kidney, hows that for a prize ??? well thats all I got ...and a date with fong maybe ????

Beerfan

more

Post by Beerfan » Tue May 20, 2008 10:31 am

Hey pridmore, dare i say the "N" word, nugget??. Even a more refined nugget?, with a single fin box, as well as 2 sets of rail fins??, so you have the option of 1,2,3,4,5 fins??. Just a thought mate. If you need a thruster sized centre fin that fits a longboard box i have two from a few 80's thrusters, i could send one.

I realize most people are divided over the nugget shape, so maybe refine it a bit?.

Anyway, if it makes its way to the gong and i can, i'll try it for sure. I surfed the Auslocks board, and it was fun, and a good idea.

DucksNuts
regular

Post by DucksNuts » Wed May 21, 2008 10:05 am

BRILLIANT idea! :D

DucksNuts
regular

Post by DucksNuts » Wed May 21, 2008 10:07 am

the whole concept, that is, im merely partial to the nugget idea :wink:

moondoggie
regular

Post by moondoggie » Wed May 21, 2008 11:42 am

I can ferry from Central Coast(Gosford) to Manly or vice versa to help in the chain if needed. pm if needed
8)