IDEA ?

A place for longboarders, eggers, fish riders... if alternative surfcraft is your game, here's the place to chat about it

Moderators: collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, Shari, the kalakau kid, Forum Moderators

pridmore
Owl status

Post by pridmore » Fri Jun 13, 2008 2:53 pm

yeah, that was the idea, tried to make it so all could enjoy it but if I was designing it for guys who usually ride performance shorty's ,it would be a different beast all together. I have been riding a 6'1 version and loving it at the point yesterday and at really fun doubling up 3ft Pipp's today.... glad you guys got some fun out of the AquaBat and cheers for takin the pics..who has it now ? and who is next ? great stuff boys.... the difficulty in adjusting your line while squatting in tube stance comes from the forward wide point and the width in general, on a narrower shorty with your wide point much further back, its much easier to make a minor adjustment but you do get used to it and I think the glide and instant speed is worth the small loss of response when in that position but it is also about a quarter of an inch thicker than what you would really be on if it were designed for you....but very interesting all of this feedback...this is great...cheers
Last edited by pridmore on Fri Jun 13, 2008 7:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.

slowy
regular

Post by slowy » Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:42 pm

Mate...get that board down to newie/central coast!!! I am frothin' to give the fat bat a go. Very selfish of me..but haven't riden a quaddie since way back, keen to give a "new" style one a burl.
Guys please keep the piccies coming.
Cheers Ben
PS Mark, my MORE shortie is just getting better and better, will finally get a chance to give it a go on some size this weekend. yeehaaa!!

pridmore
Owl status

Post by pridmore » Fri Jun 13, 2008 4:22 pm

hey guys, just going thru my list of test pilots and realized we are very thin on the Goldy and Byron-Ballina areas so if you are in that area or know someone, let me know please....dont need any more in Sydney, have 15 - 20 already but it is MORE the merrier...??????

rightbrainpositive
Local

Post by rightbrainpositive » Fri Jun 13, 2008 7:56 pm

Damm, i missed a sesh with Tiger and Fong. I only got Fongs pm after i got home after surfing weak, waist/head-high, TeaTree with a little NW windchop. Sunshine would have been nice and offshore :?

A couple of 'bomb sets' (relatively speaking) did come through out wide and I picked a few of those (and pretty much went all the way to the beach). My Bat loves a high line and takes steep drops with ease as well. I also find I'm getting around sections that I couldn't make on my thruster... Loving the speed factor...

Hey Mark, besides more foam; what other similarities/differences does this board have from mine? I notice the tail on the Aquabat has a bat/diamond type of tail. How does that effect things?

pridmore
Owl status

Post by pridmore » Fri Jun 13, 2008 9:21 pm

The diamond bat theory is that it shortens the rail length, so this board is a 6'2 on rail but a 6'3 going down the line, basically giving some extra manouverability when on rail. This board also has considerably bladier rails and I did this because I wanted all surfers to be able to bury the rails in turns and if I left them to full, then some of the lighter and or less powerful surfers may have had difficulty sinking a MORE corky rail shape. There are also some small differences in dimensions and again they are to make the board MORE user friendly to all who might ride it. It has been glassed a litle heavier which I am concerned will take some of the responsiveness and lively feeling away from the board but had to or the board might not have lasted- still might not. ,I know how people drive rental cars.....???I think you should have a surf on it if you can, cant hurt and would be keen to hear the feedback....
Last edited by pridmore on Sat Jul 26, 2008 4:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

pridmore
Owl status

Post by pridmore » Sat Jun 14, 2008 8:02 pm

Fong has posted pics and some comments on a new thread ???? its called ' the fat-bats coming to a beach near you ' and its in General Surf Discussion section....check it out , some nice waves and pics....lookin forward to whats next...

ric_vidal
Snowy McAllister

Post by ric_vidal » Tue Jun 17, 2008 9:57 am

MTM-AquaB should have a GPS on it so we know it’s location.

oldman
Snowy McAllister

Post by oldman » Tue Jun 17, 2008 10:51 am

Mr Pridmore this is such a great idea for everyone, and you are going to get some great feedback on it, and maybe a batch of orders.

Sounds like sydney is well spoken for, but if anyone in Sydney's eastern suburbs ends up with it let me know and I'll take it off your hands for a few hours, or if it is up the central coast way when I happen to be there.

Good luck to all involved. Sounds like a great option for those of us still holding out against the dark (mal) side.

pridmore
Owl status

Post by pridmore » Tue Jun 17, 2008 4:33 pm

I have arranged a professional photographer for a session or 2 when the board gets to Sydney, I am keen to find out who are the shredders and who is keen on the photo shoot on the AquaBat. Hope to hear from anyone interested or if you know of someone ????

ric_vidal
Snowy McAllister

Post by ric_vidal » Wed Jun 18, 2008 2:09 pm

pridmore wrote:I have arranged a professional photographer...
I hope by ‘professional’ you aren’t referring to Butterfingers? :twisted:

Get i-B to leave it with the DYSF crew on one of their comp days. Fair share of talent in that bank.

pridmore
Owl status

Post by pridmore » Wed Jun 18, 2008 2:14 pm

ric_vidal wrote:
pridmore wrote:I have arranged a professional photographer...
I hope by ‘professional’ you aren’t referring to Butterfingers? :twisted:

Get i-B to leave it with the DYSF crew on one of their comp days. Fair share of talent in that bank.
Butts' work looks great to me but its another guy , hoping Butts and other photogs will get into it also...
Can you PM me more info on who to contact re;DYSY , cheers RV...

ric_vidal
Snowy McAllister

Post by ric_vidal » Wed Jun 18, 2008 2:44 pm

pridmore wrote:Butts' work looks great to me but its another guy , hoping Butts and other photogs will get into it also...
Can you PM me more info on who to contact re;DYSY , cheers RV...
Oh he will, we won’t give him a choice. :D

MP, suggest you PM Butts as he is a member and I’m not but know enough of the crew, sure he wouldn’t mind the extra responsibility and of course he will have said camera.

pridmore
Owl status

Post by pridmore » Sat Jun 21, 2008 7:49 pm

pridmore wrote:hey guys, just going thru my list of test pilots and realized we are very thin on the Goldy and Byron-Ballina areas so if you are in that area or know someone, let me know please....dont need any more in Sydney, have 15 - 20 already but it is MORE the merrier...??????
its only on the Sunny Coast til the 28th, then its off to the Goldy where we only have 2 surfers, Jorgo and Scotty....would like a few others or its heading my way then further south.....

pridmore
Owl status

Post by pridmore » Thu Jun 26, 2008 7:30 am

hey guys, can we please write in the travel diary ( its inside the pocket in the board bag ), only 1 out of 4 have done so...make great reading at the end....cheers...new update coming soon....

pridmore
Owl status

Post by pridmore » Tue Jul 01, 2008 4:29 pm

pridmore wrote:hey guys, can we please write in the travel diary ( its inside the pocket in the board bag ), only 1 out of 4 have done so...make great reading at the end....cheers...new update coming soon....
no waves up north so theres been no fun for the AquBat but I am getting my grubby little hands on it tommorrow and will find something to surf it in, going to be on the Goldy so will hit D-bah or maybe Cabba for a sesh on it, update as soon as I get a few surfs on it...

pridmore
Owl status

Post by pridmore » Fri Jul 04, 2008 6:08 pm

surfed it in tiny D-bah then had a fun session at tiny but perfect Greenmount with my son, he got heaps of waves and was flying thru the fast little sections...It was fun to ride it in the little waves and the area and volume of the AquaBat made it lots of fun. I couldnt surf those waves on my shorty so its definitely a handy board to have in the quiver....Update on my web-site soon....

pridmore
Owl status

Post by pridmore » Sat Jul 19, 2008 9:30 am

Scot had it at Superbank and JF has had it at Cabba, Hastings, Kingscliffe and Brunswick Heads and they both had some fun on it...There is more pics on my site and updates as well...I have it at the moment and am trying to arrange transport from Yamba to Pt .Macquarie next week some time, if you can help or know anyone who might be able to assist in delivery, please let me know....( pics should be on my site this morning some time www.moresurfboards.com ) cheers

pridmore
Owl status

Post by pridmore » Sat Jul 26, 2008 4:38 pm

Craig from Solitude Surf has had it and he got his wife to do some filming but apparently his wife isnt as good at filming as Craig is...oh well she tried...he is going to get a few MORE surfs on it and also get some footage of his 7 year old son getting some waves on it too...Craig was trying real hard to get Mick Campbell to ride it and he was taking some footage but unfortunately the weather didnt play the game and Campbo flew off to the next event today so missed the opportunity to get him involved...maybe another time ???? be great to have a few big names put it thru its paces...any suggestions or connections appreciated...Its heading to 'Slowly" ( at Newcastle) on Wednesday and then down to Sydney on the 2nd...so if you are still keen , let me know and will arrange it...think RV or Butts are first cab off the rank but it should be around for a while...cheers,
Mark