Midlengths

A place for longboarders, eggers, fish riders... if alternative surfcraft is your game, here's the place to chat about it

Moderators: collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, Shari, the kalakau kid, Forum Moderators

Beerfan

Re: Midlengths

Post by Beerfan » Tue Jan 12, 2016 12:39 pm

Freshiedudes 8' outer islands supermal. Beautiful beautiful board. 8' X 21 1/2 X 2 3/4. Mine now!!. This will go in anything in my wave range. Not a lot of water time now but even if I was surfing heaps I'll find my limit long before this board will I reckon.

Beerfan

Post by Beerfan » Tue Jan 12, 2016 12:40 pm

The quality of the build is nuts btw

tootr
Duke Status

Post by tootr » Tue Jan 12, 2016 12:46 pm

Beery if u ever want to sell that..

Freshiedude
Grommet

Post by Freshiedude » Tue Jan 12, 2016 9:52 pm

Regretting I sold it now! Enjoy it mate it's a top board as are all Outers

Beerfan

Post by Beerfan » Wed Jan 13, 2016 7:46 am

Had a shocker of a night shift. Had the board in the car but when I left work was only thinking of a quick dip, but there was clean waist high waves. I figured this would be a test of how it goes in junk, and how it paddles. Paddles great and I got a left and a right, only really good for trimming along and to my surprise, it has a sweet trim spot up front. Beautiful board and will do me for anything from waist high to whatever.

Will look for some decent fins for it. Love some fibreglass quads, but gif knows if you can even get them anymore lol

batoes
charger

Post by batoes » Wed Jan 13, 2016 11:50 am

looks sweet! So many fin options for that! quads, 2+1 trusters...
Hatchnam wrote:
Filthy little hipster.

Beerfan

Post by Beerfan » Wed Jan 13, 2016 6:46 pm

Yep. I think I'll splurge on a good thruster set, and use the front sides with my longboard rears for small stuff, then go thruster in decent waves. I like big fins in big boards so PC7's maybe. Just used occy fronts and shapers m5 this morning. Lots of fin but I like the drive :)

el rancho
Duke Status

Post by el rancho » Thu Jan 14, 2016 6:54 pm

surfywurfy wrote:@ 8.....99.5% wont pay for FTs....but plenty of experienced Indo trippers have 1 or a few...
@ Red....Outers are designed for high quality conditions, I a gree the flex can feel weird at times in gutless waves but they thrive in the GRUNT

Heath adjusted to the test board and by the end was "loving it"......just because hes a high qual surfer doesn't mean hes going to immediately perform on a vastly different design....

Don't judge from watching a video....if you get a chance to ride FTs in waves they suit.... TAKE IT!.....

Makes sense, but a shame if true and they tested it in 3 foot waves, although they weren't gutless by any means.

Davros
Snowy McAllister

Post by Davros » Sun Feb 07, 2016 3:52 pm

I notice quite a few Vouch Evos are being sold in Sydney. Anyone ridden one?

batoes
charger

Post by batoes » Sun Feb 07, 2016 8:40 pm

Davros wrote:I notice quite a few Vouch Evos are being sold in Sydney. Anyone ridden one?
I've fondled a few - and was keen for a time, but that ship has sailed. I made a casual remark on their instagram that i thought their daily double looked very similar to a vbowls - which is not a bad thing at all. But they banned me. I found this response curious, so I emailed Mr Lovelace and he had some interesting things to say about it :-D-: .

They have them at finbox and are anywhere from $1300-1700. They are foiled really nicely and i think the evo 1 and 2 planshape looks wicked. My fear would be the type of wave it would like - just not sure i could justify the price and a trip to green island every weekend.

I like the look of gato heroi midlengths - same price, but Andy over at wlldthings is a top bloke to deal with and hasn't banned me. Yet.
Hatchnam wrote:
Filthy little hipster.

Davros
Snowy McAllister

Post by Davros » Sun Feb 07, 2016 8:56 pm

Hmmm what did Lovelace say? Yeh the mini kook killers looks great and have toyed with them as well if that's the board your talking about.

It's such a sensitive industry, I know The Shop Next Door had a falling out with Gato and now pump out the Vouch sales.

Beerfan

Post by Beerfan » Mon Feb 08, 2016 5:26 am

batoes wrote:
Davros wrote:I notice quite a few Vouch Evos are being sold in Sydney. Anyone ridden one?
I've fondled a few - and was keen for a time, but that ship has sailed. I made a casual remark on their instagram that i thought their daily double looked very similar to a vbowls - which is not a bad thing at all. But they banned me. I found this response curious, so I emailed Mr Lovelace and he had some interesting things to say about it :-D-: .

They have them at finbox and are anywhere from $1300-1700. They are foiled really nicely and i think the evo 1 and 2 planshape looks wicked. My fear would be the type of wave it would like - just not sure i could justify the price and a trip to green island every weekend.

I like the look of gato heroi midlengths - same price, but Andy over at wlldthings is a top bloke to deal with and hasn't banned me. Yet.
Gato's look very nice. The acid and the space roach look fun. As you mentioned, I'd be worried about how they'd go in average waves.

Bing has some great looking mids as well.

batoes
charger

Post by batoes » Mon Feb 08, 2016 10:18 am

Beerfan wrote:
batoes wrote:

Gato's look very nice. The acid and the space roach look fun. As you mentioned, I'd be worried about how they'd go in average waves.

Bing has some great looking mids as well.
Space roach and or pig - i'd be all over that.
Hatchnam wrote:
Filthy little hipster.

tootr
Duke Status

Post by tootr » Mon Feb 08, 2016 11:21 am

those sorts of prices are pretty out there.
enough to give iggy heart palpitations

Cranked
Duke Status

Post by Cranked » Mon Feb 08, 2016 11:33 am

Investors dream
“I don’t necessarily agree with everything I say ”— Marshall McLuhan

steve shearer
BUTTONMEISTER

Post by steve shearer » Mon Feb 15, 2016 4:40 pm

Anyone seen that cola pinto vid?