Vs. and rawlins.

Tribal discussions for bodyboarders only.

Moderators: collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, beach_defender, Shari, sandonpoint, Forum Moderators

The Dan
Local

Vs. and rawlins.

Post by The Dan » Sat May 27, 2006 1:23 pm

"Bodyboarding history is about to be made with the launch of the Vs project.

What is the Vs project?

Circa 1991 master shaper Nick ‘Mez’ Mesritz walked into his first bodyboard factory. 15 years later and it has become his life, still as stoked as he was that first day on the shaping room floor. Mez has learnt from the best and shaped for the best, and the Vs project will bring the two together.

The Vs project is a collaboration between the sports best bodyboarders and the industries finest shapers. Each Vs project will involve one shaper working exclusively with one rider to design a line of boards that reflects their respective talents. Each line will be precision manufactured in the NMD factory using only premium grade materials, buzz-tech lamination and CNC shaping technology giving the bodyboard customer access to the exact materials and exclusive shapes the Vs project riders will use themselves.

“The Vs project has been burning inside me since 1999, now it’s a reality.” Mez excitedly stated.

World Bodyboards is honoured to be the distributor of the Vs project and intend to place Vs in all the leading surf retailers to tie with existing NMD Stox range. Mez anticipates that this complimenting project will only strengthen NMD and lead to it becoming the number 1 bodyboard brand on the market.

The Vs project version 0.1 launches 01-06-2006"

from Nf website.

Anyone else wanna bet the first guy is Rawlins, followed by Hardy when his contract ends

kookmachine
Local

Post by kookmachine » Sat May 27, 2006 1:34 pm

what is the differnece between this VS project thing and a pro's existing line of boards?? can anybody spell.... sales gimmick??

Lidder
charger

Post by Lidder » Sat May 27, 2006 2:39 pm

wtf

The Dan
Local

Post by The Dan » Sat May 27, 2006 2:53 pm

agreed kookmachine

iliketoboogy
regular

Post by iliketoboogy » Sat May 27, 2006 4:00 pm

??.

Hawkeye
barnacle

Post by Hawkeye » Sat May 27, 2006 6:10 pm

In a word... marketing.

The difference is marketing.

The Dan
Local

Post by The Dan » Sun May 28, 2006 1:31 pm

Dino,

"It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt".
Mark Twain

The Dan
Local

Post by The Dan » Sun May 28, 2006 9:21 pm

i was refering to the fact that you are appear to be ignorant about the way in which a bodyboard is made. There is just as much care and attention to detail put into high end bodyboards as into surfboards.

thickfreakness
Grommet

Post by thickfreakness » Sun May 28, 2006 9:53 pm

actually i would say bodyboard shaping is very complicated, as you are dependant on the shape of a rail in terms of holding a nice line and making sections, as opposed to fins locking you into the wave. thats not to say surfboard shaping is easy, but its not this infinitely trickier task.
im so sick of this bullshit about surfers saying how because stand up is harder,it is therefore so much better. its like saying sure, riding down a mountain on a unicycle is harder than a bike, but that certainly doesnt make it better, the bike is going to get into a lot more places than the unicycle. denying yourself many parts of the wave, just for images' sake, its silly.......

TheSadamm
regular

Post by TheSadamm » Thu Jun 01, 2006 10:49 pm

Mates, Rawlins is Out of 4Play Team 8)

Check It Out -----» http://www.4play.com.au/theteams.php

:wink: 8)

mic
regular

Post by mic » Thu Jun 01, 2006 11:22 pm

yeh definatly gone.....im guessing he'l be the new million dollar man with whoever he signs with

lambert
barnacle

Post by lambert » Fri Jun 02, 2006 5:27 pm

hes going to vs. and ever since manta bought 4 play they have gone to shit the even sold buzztech and all the good materials to funkshen and now all boards are machine pressed so pretty much manta just sold out one of the best companies we had :roll:

hardys contract is almost up so i bet he will also bail, dunno where but vs seems to benfit the riders much more than previous brands but who knows.

totally right mic, with him scoring that many covers in one year and charging waves like shippies and lunas hes def going places

and to dinosuar, the best surfer ever [in my mind, kelly] said that 'its not about wat u ride its bout how u ride it' and i feel that if u like the challenge of standin up and getting crappy waves by all means go with ur heart. more dredgers for us

chopescahrger
regular

Post by chopescahrger » Fri Jun 02, 2006 7:39 pm

dont worry manta/4play will probly just replace rawlins with ben hansen but it will be exactly the same as the rawlins just with the name crossed ot and hansen put in

im prwtty sure the hardy and rawlins are the same board

The Dan
Local

Post by The Dan » Fri Jun 02, 2006 8:06 pm

Singer model. Nostredamus prediction.

vortex
charger

Post by vortex » Fri Jun 02, 2006 8:11 pm

dinosaur wrote:Bodyboarding is a much less tecnically proficient form of riding a wave than surfing therefore the manufacture or "shaping" of bodyboards is much less precise and reliant on the unique skills of a craftsman or shaper.
Im not trying to take the piss. thats what I honestly believe.
It depends on your needs as to what's 'technically proficient'.

Maintaining high speed obviously goes to surfing. This is obvious - compare the biggest waves ridden by surfers and bodyboarders. Lids you have half your body dragging. Cant compete.

However, boogers are a much more 'technically proficient' in an arena of steeper, rounder waves. Lids continue to paddle into waves standups need to tow into. See Cyclops, big Zone, 'Theirs', Chopes etc. Even that recent Shipsterns session it was claimed that the sponge paddled into and rode out the biggest keg. Laurie Towner did unbelievably well but he still fell off. Cant compete.

Both boards can get airborne. Lids lend themselves more to loop variations as you're holding on. This allows for airs over sections that would be sketchy enough just to get barrelled over. Here's that term again - 'technically proficient'.

There's no need to bicker. The boards just do different things better.

petelev4
Local

Post by petelev4 » Fri Jun 02, 2006 8:45 pm

give it a rest dinosaur.

lambert
barnacle

Post by lambert » Fri Jun 02, 2006 10:49 pm

chopescahrger wrote:im pretty sure the hardy and rawlins are the same board
yeh they are identical in materials and all construction methods it was jsut minor template changes. an yeh i agree with dan cuz i reckon that singer is way better than benni h, i dont see benny h hitting one of the biggest sections at the island comp 06

dude dinosaur, do u boog cuz its certainly not seeming like it! and im pretty sure that the forum index is called BODYBOARDERS ONLY

dammit__01
Owl status

Post by dammit__01 » Fri Jun 02, 2006 10:53 pm

lambert wrote:
chopescahrger wrote:dude dinosaur, do u boog cuz its certainly not seeming like it! and im pretty sure that the forum index is called BODYBOARDERS ONLY
Not gonna happen mate.