Dave Winchester got mobbed at pipe. 12/30/05

Tribal discussions for bodyboarders only.

Moderators: collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, beach_defender, Shari, sandonpoint, Forum Moderators

snakes
barnacle

Post by snakes » Sun Jan 15, 2006 8:36 pm

Gives new meaning to the saying "Anyhow, have a Winfield" :lol:

snakes

dammit__01
Owl status

Post by dammit__01 » Sun Jan 15, 2006 9:18 pm

where were the boogers im no genious when it comes to knowing all the pros n e 1 who is a bit more educated is there any in the background?

hehehe that stupid turd about to hit him im sure if it were a fair 1 on 1 fight i could fuck him up :lol: i mean i bet thats the only punch he threw its from behind and it looks like a wrestling punch :lol:

chris_010
Local

Post by chris_010 » Sun Jan 15, 2006 11:17 pm

Street fighting is very rarely a graceful artform dammit. Dude, this isn't a surfer vs booger thing no matter how much you want it to be. Winny could've been riding any craft and copped the same treatment. Stop perpetuating the booger vs standup war. Its fkn OLD.

dez
Grommet

Post by dez » Mon Jan 16, 2006 12:09 am

makeable!? fuck off guard makeable my ass! from where winny is in that second shot that waves gonna rifle off at max pace! pipe aint shark island man..it aint a wedge that'll push you thru..sumhow dont think the sticks gonna backdoor that first section and still outrun the whole next section..even a top booger..(like yourself............).. would struggle to do that....like the original post said even winny didnt make it..i agree that he shouldnt have taken off tho..(because youve gotta give the benefit of the doubt even when u know theres no chance...)

but still......u say he deserves it!!?????? its a wave man!! get real!! people are out there dying of all sorts of shit..disease, terrorism, misguided wars fucking whatever...(sorry..different topic..do u even open your blinkered eyes when u travel to the places youve been????)..yet sum people still wanna fight over a wave that for sum reason they think own...the same wave they should feel the ultimate privelege to be able to ride...you take your life into your own hands surfing out places like that anyway..sumhow i dont think he got bashed cos the stick was worried about ending up with a colostomy bag! its TERRITORIAL BULLSHIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Localism is fucked...its akin to racism and destroys the very soul of surfing...bodyboarding..whatever.........im a booger thru and thru and was sad to hear u got bashed at suckies from koby the hypocritical fuckhead and that makes me not understand your post even more........?????????? yeh fellow boogers! lets all condone surf bashing! DICK!! can tell your from cronulla..............................

Nicko
regular

Post by Nicko » Tue Jan 17, 2006 1:52 pm

Have you surfed Pipe, guard?

crooked
Local

Post by crooked » Tue Jan 17, 2006 2:28 pm

You gotta have respect, esp Hawaii.

If ya drop in there you have to expect the worst, but...

Reg Reagan has the philosophy on this- BRING BACK THE BIFF BUT ONLY IF ITS MAN ON MAN

group bashings are fucken low (and quite homosexuaal)

if ya have a problem with someone sort it out for yaself, and ya don't get involved in another blokes business (leave that to blokes on oxford street)

He didn't look too hurt to me, probably copped ten times worse floggings out at pipe anyway!

macca202
Harry the Hat

Post by macca202 » Tue Jan 17, 2006 2:40 pm

surfers just need to take some of their own medicine for once. ive seen many clips at pipe (on surfing movies) of surfers dropping in on lids and jsut laughing at em. but when it happens the other way around, its group biffo.
bunch of ***.

dangersean
Grommet

Post by dangersean » Tue Jan 17, 2006 2:53 pm

This isn't a surfer vs booger issue... allcomers to Hawaii are aware of dahui. doesnt matter what craft he was on.. shouldna dropped in... ever. especially at pipe.. even moreso at pipe, dropping in on a local.. Got what he deserved to an extent. Other guy was locked deep and committed to the wave... which looks makeable from the pics... what the booger did was just silly and dangerous.
i bent my wookie

marty
barnacle

Post by marty » Tue Jan 17, 2006 2:59 pm

bingo. it looks pretty makeable from that shot, but winny effectively robbed him of that. thus he brought it on himself.

for those who disagree, go an surf a wave of consequence when its solid. drop-ins at said spots are stupid and moreso dangerous.
Wait your turn for pete's sake.

macca202
Harry the Hat

Post by macca202 » Tue Jan 17, 2006 3:42 pm

spose its more of a loacalism/surf etiquite thing than a booger surfer thing

ps. dammit__01 i really don't like your chances against the guy throwing the punch.

Jonas

Post by Jonas » Tue Jan 17, 2006 4:05 pm

The original post said that neither Healy or Winny made the barrel, so I'm assuming it was a close out.

Either way, is anyone concerned that the Volcom House is becoming a bit of a breeding ground for violence? Or that the presence of Danny Fuller with his video camera might be spurring the fisticuffs on (to score footage for the next video)? Or that clubbies on the North Shore are pointing out victims for the next smackdown?

dan
regular

Post by dan » Tue Jan 17, 2006 6:01 pm

Sadly beatdowns like this are only going to happen more frequently. You've got a combination of major surf labels and popular magazines who would almost seem to go out of their way to reinforce this pathetic "jock-surfer" image.

I can only imagine the footage will be purchased by some sensationalist chump at Tracks HQ and within a few months it's the opening scene on the next free DVD issue. This no doubt influences a large number of people who now think it's cool to bash others, simply cause it's straight off their favourite mag.

In summary:
surf-jocks are the scum the earth, you can't deny it anymore

Local

Post by 2260 » Tue Jan 17, 2006 8:34 pm

In my opinion, wang is in the wrong. You only ever drop in once someone has lost control/wipedout, to do any other is to deny someone the opportunity to make a section. it is not your decision to decide that, he has the wave, he was on the inside, he has every available chance. He is in the wrong and i cannot believe how much support there is for him on this site in regards to this situation. While not condoning what has happened, he knows, as we all do, that beat downs occur for drop ins at banzai and also at home here in oz if its big, remember this is serious surfing. He was playing with fire from the start and subsequently got burnt.

My opinion

booger_108

No chance 4 surfer

Post by booger_108 » Tue Jan 24, 2006 10:05 am

this is a bodyboarders verse surfer issue. those surfers are pussies they cant fight one on one they hav to fight in gangs. the surfer wasnt goint make it ne way so there is no point wasting the wave. bodyboarders kill sufers ne day and they dont fight like pussies. u surfers losers are pussies. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: u cant fight for shit u pussies.

the shackle
regular

Post by the shackle » Tue Jan 24, 2006 10:55 am

booger 108 just so you know, kai garcia who runs the volcom house is a brazillian jiu jitsu black belt under royler gracie, which means he could kill you in a couple of seconds if he wanted to. be aware of that b4 you start tough talking on the internet :)
beleive me, winny would have gotten smashed for that drop-in whether he rode a surfboard or a bodyboard.
surf violence sucks, but so does a drop-in that causes someones injury or death. which is the lesser of the two evils??? ans = dont drop in at pipe!

marty
barnacle

Post by marty » Tue Jan 24, 2006 11:19 am

Rockin' Ron wrote:booger108 is gay
Bingo!

Lidder
charger

Post by Lidder » Tue Jan 24, 2006 11:36 am

frig thats heavy, frig i hate volcom

the shackle
regular

Post by the shackle » Tue Jan 24, 2006 1:03 pm

remember that those same guys also bashed seven shades of shit out of some surfer because he tried to surf pipe during the pipe bodyboarding comp a couple years back.