Dvd torrent.

Tribal discussions for bodyboarders only.

Moderators: collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, beach_defender, Shari, sandonpoint, Forum Moderators

chris_010
Local

Dvd torrent.

Post by chris_010 » Mon Oct 10, 2005 5:14 pm

Last edited by chris_010 on Mon Oct 10, 2005 7:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

macca202
Harry the Hat

Post by macca202 » Mon Oct 10, 2005 5:34 pm

cool, im giving it a go now. problem is 2 gig is pretty massive, and when you seed it with a ratio of more than one, thats already 4 gig off your monthly download limit (im on a 10 gig unlimited plan).
if you made it a divx file (so no menu's etc) then it would only be around 700mb or even less. I use Dr. DivX for making divx's from the dvd files and its pretty easy, although im not sure ive tried working with bonus footage.

chris_010
Local

Post by chris_010 » Mon Oct 10, 2005 5:45 pm

yeh true i keep forgetting uploading counts towards your data limit for the month. It doesn't with my isp (optus).

I'll play around with divx then and see if i can get it under 1 gb. I'll pull the file for now and get a diff forum setup...don't know if don would approve of this sorta thing on his forum. So chill for now ppl...

chris_010
Local

Post by chris_010 » Mon Oct 10, 2005 6:35 pm

New forum setup for this : http://chris010.proboards25.com/index.cgi

Signup and bookmark if u wanna keep track of progress.

snakes
barnacle

Post by snakes » Mon Oct 10, 2005 6:49 pm

Ah, if this a a copyrighted release, then publishing the fact that you are making it available for people to leech on the internerd is a pretty stupid idea.

Secondly you're putting Realsurf in a dangerous position advertising the fact & all :roll:

Thirdly, you're not doing helping the person who spent all their hard earned dollars making the film get around to releasing any new footage any time soon :twisted:

If however I'm wrong, then LEECH AWAY :lol:

snakes

chris_010
Local

Post by chris_010 » Mon Oct 10, 2005 7:04 pm

out of site out of mind. :)

snakes
barnacle

Post by snakes » Mon Oct 10, 2005 8:21 pm

way to get the point knobwrench :twisted:

snakes

HAL
Grommet

Post by HAL » Mon Oct 10, 2005 8:53 pm

way to be a party pooper snakes :lol: . and as far as ripping off the copyright holder, considering I purchase about 1 booger vid per year they arn't loosing a sale on my part. plus if the vids good i'll recommend it to others, hence increasing returns. win|win.

but 2gb is a bit tough going. convert that shit to avi :arrow:
talk is cheap

snakes
barnacle

Post by snakes » Mon Oct 10, 2005 9:02 pm

So, by your logic, I should be able to rock around to your joint & take anything I like then :?:

Be round in 15 if thats ok :roll:

snakes

macca202
Harry the Hat

Post by macca202 » Mon Oct 10, 2005 9:03 pm

yeah ive only ever bought one dvd, T8, and it was something ridiculous like $45 :shock:
no way was it worth that kind of money so i vowed never to buy one again.
well that was untill i brought superstars 2 for $10 when there was that advertised deal. free delevery from WA too. top stuff.

chris_010
Local

Post by chris_010 » Mon Oct 10, 2005 9:06 pm

hehe i got the point and i dont care :twisted:

I ain't arguing with ya.

Fisher

Post by Fisher » Mon Oct 10, 2005 10:09 pm

I've have spent just under 2 years making my first video and too think that people are ripping are trying to rip off fellow bodyboarders, in an industry in which theres almost no way to make a living is digusting. If people don't support the industry then there simply won't be one. Then you'll be complaining about a lack of vids. Your not ripping off big companies your ripping off individual people who are putting everything they have on the line..

surfscracking
regular

Post by surfscracking » Tue Oct 11, 2005 7:00 am

I am with Fisher. Now let me tell all of you what piracy is about. You f cking seedy little rats are recking entire industries :evil: . Like Fisher I have spent many countless hours making snowboard productions. For the mindless fool who puts the dvd into his burner or downloads it for free couldn't give a shit for one reason. They are the bottom of the feeding chain. Thats right you are nothing but a sucker fish feeding of a shark. You can't afford to buy shit simply because you are lazy.
I will love the day (if you are a pirate) when you go home to tell your misus that you lost your job to some asian fellow because he can do it cheaper and guess what you only have yourself to blame. Guess who will be employing the asian worker? The guy you pirated the dvd from. Thats right because he knows what it is like to have a go in his life.

Fisher big up to you for having a crack.. Good luck with your film I wish you all the best.

If you are looking for an international distributor contact my friends at www.monkdistribution.com and they will help you out.

And to all you who don't pirate dvds well you set for heaven boys and girls. :lol:

snakes
barnacle

Post by snakes » Tue Oct 11, 2005 7:50 am

ahahahahahahahahahahahaha

take that pirate scum :!:

Oh, and since you don't care, you won't mind then that I mirrored your original post, captured your ip address & passed your details to apra then :?:

ahahahahahahahahahahahaha

snakes

Carbon
regular

Post by Carbon » Tue Oct 11, 2005 8:47 am

surfscracking wrote:I am with Fisher. Now let me tell all of you what piracy is about. You f cking seedy little rats are recking entire industries :evil: . Like Fisher I have spent many countless hours making snowboard productions. For the mindless fool who puts the dvd into his burner or downloads it for free couldn't give a shit for one reason. They are the bottom of the feeding chain. Thats right you are nothing but a sucker fish feeding of a shark. You can't afford to buy shit simply because you are lazy.
I will love the day (if you are a pirate) when you go home to tell your misus that you lost your job to some asian fellow because he can do it cheaper and guess what you only have yourself to blame. Guess who will be employing the asian worker? The guy you pirated the dvd from. Thats right because he knows what it is like to have a go in his life.

Fisher big up to you for having a crack.. Good luck with your film I wish you all the best.

If you are looking for an international distributor contact my friends at www.monkdistribution.com and they will help you out.

And to all you who don't pirate dvds well you set for heaven boys and girls. :lol:
have you ever downloaded a mp3 using the internet? eg ares, winmx, napster... at any stage in your life, and don't lie now :)
smnmntl wrote:Matty.... surfers don't talk to each other in the water because many of them are secretly gay and just want to bum each other off.

NewyBen
Grommet

Post by NewyBen » Tue Oct 11, 2005 9:23 am

snakes wrote: Oh, and since you don't care, you won't mind then that I mirrored your original post, captured your ip address & passed your details to apra then
APRA, as in the Australasian Performing Right Association?
As in
the non-profit association that collects and distributes Australian and New Zealand copyright royalties for music creators and publishers from around the world.
Somehow I doubt they are going to give a feck, that is of course unless there is unlicensed music on the DVD that is being pirated, in which case they'd go after whoever produced the DVD. And given the number of video clips on sites like fluidzone etc that have got music in them that I would bet isn't licensed, I wouldn't be suprised if actual DVD's contained unlicensed music.

HAL
Grommet

Post by HAL » Tue Oct 11, 2005 11:16 am

This thread is full of so much stoopid it hurts me head. READ: I AM NOT GOING TO BUY THE DVD IN THE FIRST PLACE! HENCE, IF I AM TO RECIEVE IT FOR FREE THE COPYRIGHT HOLDER IS NOT LOSING ANY MONEY. NOW THAT I HAVE SEEN A DVD THAT I WAS NEVER GOING TO, THERE IS NOW A LARGER AUDIENCE RESULTING IN MORE ADVERTISING AND COVERAGE FOR THAT DVDs PRODUCER AND THE SPONSORS OF THAT DVD. THEREFORE INCREASING RETURNS FOR ALL PARTIES INVOLVED REGARDLESS TO THE FACT THAT I DIDNT HAND OVER $40 FOR THE DVD IN THE FIRST PLACE. Its straight digital commodity economics. But, by the sound of your intellect (or lack thereof) such concepts are obviously far to complex for your understanding.
snakes wrote:So, by your logic, I should be able to rock around to your joint & take anything I like then :?:
Be round in 15 if thats ok :roll:
snakes
Are you referring to my post here? If so, that was quite possibly the dumbest thing I have ever heard. Thats nothing like what I said. It's so far out of context my mind grinds to a halt trying to come to terms with the fact that some people are so stupid.

NewyBen makes a good point. What about all the music artists the producers of bodyboard films are supposedly ripping off according to you? I can only speculate that the large majority of bodyboard film producers aren’t paying for the appropriate licensing to use a musicians music in their films. But then again, BELIEVE IT OR NOT, the musicians are actually benefiting anyway from this piracy through increasing returns! Amazing, huh!
talk is cheap

snakes
barnacle

Post by snakes » Tue Oct 11, 2005 11:36 am

HAL wrote:
Are you referring to my post here? If so, that was quite possibly the dumbest thing I have ever heard. Thats nothing like what I said. It's so far out of context my mind grinds to a halt trying to come to terms with the fact that some people are so stupid.
Anyone who thinks that its ok to download/rip off artists/producers/moviemakers is the stupidhead.

snakes