How to Make wax

Tribal discussions for bodyboarders only.

Moderators: collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, beach_defender, Shari, sandonpoint, Forum Moderators

stylefirst
barnacle

Post by stylefirst » Wed Aug 17, 2005 9:26 pm

....Not if you want to save yourself $3... :lol:

dubbfunk
regular

Post by dubbfunk » Wed Aug 17, 2005 9:37 pm

the ingredients would cost $3 00 and i dont thin kit would be worth it, unless you live out west and the only wax you know of is SK8 gutter wax and there are no surfies round ya

Hawkeye
barnacle

Post by Hawkeye » Thu Aug 18, 2005 8:16 am

Man, talking about raging assumptions! :roll:

You're ASSUMING that he's doing it to save money. Maybe he's just wanting to do a bit of experimenting to learn something, or maybe he's got it in mind to be the next Mrs Palmers. I heard they sold their business thsi year for twenty five MILLION dollars.

So I say go for it.

Go to a candlemaking supplies store and tell them what you want to do. There are many different types of wax and additives and it will cost you much less than what you pay in the store for the finished product. And there's no need to limit yourself to the additives they sell.

If your plan is to sell retail eventually, you would need to bypass the middleman and go straight to the ingredient manufacturer, but you won't have to worry about that for awhile.

Good luck.

Hawkeye
barnacle

Post by Hawkeye » Thu Aug 18, 2005 8:29 am

I found a couple of recipes for different water temperatures. PM me if you want details.