Describe your best session or few sessions ever.

Tribal discussions for bodyboarders only.

Moderators: collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, beach_defender, Shari, sandonpoint, Forum Moderators

thermalben
charger

Re: Describe your best session or few sessions ever.

Post by thermalben » Tue Feb 17, 2004 11:30 am

guard wrote:i witnessed a californian charger get pitted from takeoff all the way through to the end bowl, which is like 50 seconds.
Are you sure you're not telling porky pies there Guard? 50 seconds is a looooooooong time.. just try counting it now (one thousand and one, one thousand and two, one thousand and three...)

Finding a 50 second wave is hard enough (but there are a few around), but being slotted for close to a minute - well, considering some of the most "legendary" Kirra tubes in the 80's and 90's were in the 10-15 second range, I find it a little hard to believe.

Innerview
regular

50 seconds is a looooooooong time

Post by Innerview » Tue Feb 17, 2004 12:51 pm

50 seconds is a looooooooong time
And then he cracked the top off

Thats one of the best fish tales I`ve ever heard.

Really though, if any wave /barrell lasts more than 5 seconds , your doing well.
On a fast wave I guess-timate [on a lid] I`m travelling 6mtr / second.
Your wave -barrell is 300mtr long :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
The Classic fish tale. :)

descendant
Grommet

Post by descendant » Wed Feb 18, 2004 9:59 am

bEST sESSION, oR oNE oF tHE bEST...

Warry beachie on thee south coast. 5-7 foot with 8/9 foot bombies on the beachie. Point was crowded with about 30 surfers getting clean 4-5 foot right handers. Me, my mate and 2 cronulla boogers on a A-frame beach break half way up the beach. You could pull either way and get tubed savagely and then smack a nice fat close outie lip. very nice. I landed the biggest trick i ever did, a fat invert. well it was phat for me cos i suck, also got one of the best tubes ever, its just something about a big fat lip breaking over your head that makes it special.

Oh yeah, that dessert point thing is bull twat! :twisted:

Aqua Turd
Grommet

Post by Aqua Turd » Wed Feb 18, 2004 2:04 pm

You guy's [ above ] obviously havn't seen desert point then, huh?

best session:

south swell pushing up the east coast of Australia, created a nice 2 foot ripbowl at the alley ( the alley rip bowl ).

perfect 2 foot alley, only true locals out aswell, pitty it was blowin onshore.
Duffman is trusting in the direction of the problem, O0oh yeah!

PumpAerian

Post by PumpAerian » Wed Feb 18, 2004 2:34 pm

Ah, probably a handful come to mind. Breakwall at Tuncurry was 4-5 and real solid one time. Got a couple of nice barrels there. Longy on the northside once at 3-5, great barrels. Few times up at Whaley. Good Memories.

SpoNgeR_69
regular

Post by SpoNgeR_69 » Wed Feb 18, 2004 7:01 pm

best surf..mm..dont hav any extreme stand outs but 1 that comes to mind
is long reef at about 2-3ft. was barreling soo good like every set wave and a couple of random waves. was only me and a couple of friends were out we all go heaps of waves...........Barrels all round eh
I would surf too if i couldnt bodyboard

streetdaddy
Local

Post by streetdaddy » Wed Feb 18, 2004 7:21 pm

guard wrote:
Are you sure you're not telling porky pies there Guard? 50 seconds is a looooooooong time..
lol, nah ive got it videoed. i know it does sound bullshit but so is dessert point on a good day.
everyone i show the video to is amazed.
its a shame my camera wasnt digital, thats all that stopped it from being in one of strohys vids.
so keep the stories coming.
well then lift ya game, find someone to transfer the tape to your PC and show us, coz if you really do have footage of someone shacked for that long it'd be great to see it!

In fact, you could even win the Torquay time tunnel competition at http://www.tracksmag.com/html/comps/tor ... rquay.html and get to:

a) Surf the Snapper Superbank during the Quiksilver Pro in front of 20,000 screaming fans

b)Win a crate of Torquay mineral water and a quiksilver pack (6 winners over 6 months)

c) get your barrel published on tracksmag.com so the whole world can gawk at your superhuman tube riding skills.

Geez, with that kind of prize I reckon someone on here who lives close by would be prepared to help you transfer the tape to PC just so they could watch you kook it in front of 20,000 ppl laughing their arses off :)

That said, I think you have an imaginary girlfriend and pull your pudd so much you're blind in one eye...

_cant_touch_this
Supporter
Supporter

Post by _cant_touch_this » Wed Feb 18, 2004 9:10 pm

it sounds absolutely bullsh*t 2 me....50 seconds my arse....i wont believe it til i see it mate. my best session (on a booger-i normally stand up) i took went with friends who bodyboard n they told me 2 bring my booger coz wed just b charging shoreys but waddya know...crosswaves atnewie reef was goin off. got a easy 8 second barrel on mywave of the day (thats long 4 me coz im not all that good). i just wish id taken my surfboard that day

thursday

Post by thursday » Wed Feb 18, 2004 11:28 pm

i've had heaps of sick sessions.... bullshit 3 - 4 foot clean barrels at (disclosed), i've had fu-cking cracking whitey and centuries to me and my mate... bout 4 - 5 foot... so fu-cking unbelievable.... but i ain't gonan spill anymore it's too crowded everywhere i surf these days...

Aqua Turd
Grommet

Post by Aqua Turd » Thu Feb 19, 2004 12:05 am

[quote="streetdaddy]
To the loser who posted this link, or preferably the guy currently winning the vid comp: Have you ever even seen a foam ball? this guy couldnt be much closer to the shoulder imho.

marcus
Owl status

Post by marcus » Thu Feb 19, 2004 2:48 am

with regard to that 50 sec barrell out desert point, my brother has a 53 sec barrel on vid there, at 8ft desert pt in 99 i think.
i totally believe you mate, when he got home and showed the cronulla boys, they were blown away...
no one is in this barrell tho, it goes from the outside peak all the way to where it folds onto that gnarly reef on the inside.
they were doing it all day, but noone got footage of the guys surfing it because they were all surfing it, theres a couple of waves where a surfer gets some long barrells, but not all the way.
your not talking about my brothers video are you?
were you on the boat with Matty vans, and scotty levit?
anyone knows how to put on pc and ill get you a copy of the vid.
or just ask Matty, warren feinbeer, scotty levit or Matt percy, theyve all seen the vid. well everyone thats been to scottys place to see it anyway.

dude, dont worry if they dont believe you, what they havent seen they wont understand...
if anyone doesnt believe me then just go over to elizabeth place (behind the island) ask for scotty or wazza at the check spot and im sure if theyre in a good mood theyll put the vid on for ya, but you dont need to prove yourself mate, let the disbelievers eat theyre words when they see it.

ive met allot of guys that have done amazing things in the surf, but wont talk about it to anyone because no one would believe them, which is sad
Oscar Wilde - "I am not young enough to know everything"

marcus
Owl status

Post by marcus » Thu Feb 19, 2004 7:16 am

ok... Just talked to my Brother Matty about the post, and it turns out he is the one and the same guy that did the first post...

haha, Matty i think youl have to explain to these guys that the barrell that guy got wasnt on cam, and he went in straight away after he flicked off down the end.
yeah guys Matty (guard) isnt full of bull, ive seen the vid, with very long barrells in it. and on the counter (time and date) one of the best goes for 53 seconds. and thats just from the take off peak, as it barrells for a long time before it gets there, but the ridable part is 53 sec. much more if you take into acount it barrelled before it got to main peak.
pretty much all the older island crew have seen it so just ask them (im not talking about the latest bunch of poster boys).

MAtt doesnt lie about the things hes seen and done, in fact hes quite modest and keeps his mouth shut,.
but now that youve gone and opened the can for everyone, youl have to get a mate to put it on pc, because i get a feeling these guys wont believe it untill they see it.
but it doesnt really matter anyway does it.

ps i thought you liked desert pt because it wasnt that crowded, not anymore bro

ggreen

Post by ggreen » Thu Feb 19, 2004 8:04 am

North Steyne- Early eighties- 8- 10ft offshore all day Massive a frame barrels outside clubhouse It was unreal

Treachery- 6-8ft all week offshore

G land- 8-12ft two weeks offshore every day after 11am

South Narra- May 2003- 3-ft -5ft suckiest barrels ever seen for a beachie

streetdaddy
Local

Post by streetdaddy » Thu Feb 19, 2004 12:47 pm

Aqua Turd wrote:[quote="streetdaddy]
http://www.tracksmag.com/html/comps/tor ... rquay.html
To the loser who posted this link, or preferably the guy currently winning the vid comp: Have you ever even seen a foam ball? this guy couldnt be much closer to the shoulder imho.[/quote]

ah gee thanks turdster, I guess since I posted a link to a site that I've got nothing to do with it makes me partly responsible. Yeah, ok whatever :P why i posted the link to the comp is coz a 50 second barrel would have to be a sure winner...

I'd even like to see footage of someone in a 30 second barrel, coz I've seen plenty of surf vids and never seen anyone properly slotted for that long. So there is my challenge, I'll happily give anyone the server space if they need it! Show me footage of a properly ridden 30 second barrel and you'll have made my day :) The prize? Well, enter in the above competition and you're a sure winner!

I've been to the inconsistent overcrowded DP shithole and I'm sure it wasn't a good time, so yeah I guess I am having trouble picturing such a perfect wave barreling flawlessly for 50 seconds. Sounds more like something out of a video game...

your sincerely, loser.

Aqua Turd
Grommet

Post by Aqua Turd » Thu Feb 19, 2004 2:06 pm

streetdaddy wrote:
ah gee thanks turdster, I guess since I posted a link to a site that I've got nothing to do with it makes me partly responsible.
Im sorry Puff Daddy, I was only jerking around with ya, buddy.

streetdaddy
Local

Post by streetdaddy » Thu Feb 19, 2004 2:20 pm

:D as a flamer, i get paranoid of being flamed... no probs turdster!

wolf

Post by wolf » Thu Feb 19, 2004 11:16 pm

3 days of perfect glassy 3-4 foot barrells at north wall in port in 2002. Recent 5-6 at boulders in samoa - minus being caught on reef. Uncrowded barrells in lombok.

marcus
Owl status

Post by marcus » Fri Feb 20, 2004 12:38 am

The day my mum took me out for my first surf as a 1 year old at coogee
27 years ago.
i think i can remember it.