THE CURRENT IMAGE OF BODYBOARDING

Tribal discussions for bodyboarders only.

Moderators: collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, beach_defender, Shari, sandonpoint, Forum Moderators

streetdaddy
Local

Post by streetdaddy » Wed Feb 25, 2004 9:39 am

marcus wrote:does anyone agree or disagree with anythin i or the eople above have said?
i might be wrong, please tell me i wont bite you head off.
havent seen a reply since i posted mine above.
I'm sure you're right Marcus in saying that bb'ing is marketed to kiddies and teenagers. But then after reading Jamieshunt's post I realise that bb's do get smashed a whole lot more than stand-ups. Watching ppl go nuts at Knights beach here in SA, basically pulling into 6"+ closeouts in 2 foot of water again and again, or busting airs and landing in the flats, !@#$ that must put a lot of stress on a body...

_cant_touch_this
Supporter
Supporter

Post by _cant_touch_this » Wed Feb 25, 2004 10:27 am

correct me if im wrong but id would have to say that proffesional bodyboarding gets barely any exposure. i thnk its a bit like the womens WCT, hardly any events, even less media coverage and a lot of people dont even know there is a world curcuit for b-boarding. i for one only recently found out there is a b-boarding equivalent of the WCT. id like to see more on TV about bodyboarding, u guys do some crazy sh*t that would get a lot more people into the sport if they knew about it. iv seen bodyboarders do things that would be next to impossible on a surfboard, and i like it.

random
Grommet

Post by random » Wed Feb 25, 2004 10:34 am

my bodyboard gets used when the surf is too heavy to stand up. we (bodyboarders) need to play off that. get comps at waiema bay, knights etc.

The shark island comp is the best thing to ever happen to bodyboarding in my opinion, made people realise how crazy the sport is.

_cant_touch_this
Supporter
Supporter

Post by _cant_touch_this » Wed Feb 25, 2004 10:39 am

acyually yes, the shark island challenge is the one contest iv heard of for b-boarding (major contest). iv seen footage and stuff from it, some boogers getting absolutely snapped and also some bullsh*t pits! i have respect for anyone who surfs the island on a regular basis

SpoNgeR_69
regular

Post by SpoNgeR_69 » Mon Mar 01, 2004 7:43 pm

as if the "tension" stuff has damaged the image of bodyboarding
tension is sum funny sh*T
I would surf too if i couldnt bodyboard

Innerview
regular

Post by Innerview » Mon Mar 01, 2004 8:17 pm

as if the "tension" stuff has damaged the image of bodyboarding
That one good reason BBing is left in the gutter waiting to hosed away.