Toby Player signs with Cartel Board Co.

Tribal discussions for bodyboarders only.

Moderators: collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, beach_defender, Shari, sandonpoint, Forum Moderators

ac2026
regular

Toby Player signs with Cartel Board Co.

Post by ac2026 » Sun May 31, 2009 10:19 pm

Toby Player just signed with Cartel Board Co. !

This just in: Cartel Board Co are pleased to confirm the signing of Aussie bodyboarding legend Toby Player to the team. Cartel Board Co was established in the USA in 1996 and continues to play an important part in the sport of bodyboarding. Toby joins DK legend Paul Roach among many others in a truly impressive team of hardcore riders.

Cartel Bodyboards are distributed by Turbo Surf in Australia with a niche offering of high performance Signature boards. The board range includes the Paul Roach DK and Versatile Signature Boards along with the new Toby Player Signature Range. Toby worked with experienced Australian shaper Glenn Taylor to design his new signature model.

The Cartel board range will be officially launched in Australia in July 2009 when the one and only Paul Roach comes to Australia for the DK Sessions event at Tiona. A series of instore promotions with Paul Roach and Toby Player will also be undertaken. Keep an eye out for further details.

Toby had the following comments in regard the recent signing:

“I’m stoked to be joining Cartel, It’s a fresh take on an established brand.
For the first time ever I’ve been able to work with a shaper in Australia (Glenn Taylor)
to come up with a sick template for my Signature model.You’ll be seeing a lot more of Cartel in the future!”
related links:
http://www.cartelboardco.com
http://www.turbosurfdesigns.com
http://www.dksessions.com

Although this press release is coming from our friends at Cartel Australia, note that Cartel is of course distributed in Europe and the US (yeah it’s a US brand). We don’t know yet if Toby’s pro model will be available worldwide but we’ll let you know ASAP. It probably will since most Cartel pro models are available worldwide.

lambert
barnacle

Re: Toby Player signs with Cartel Board Co.

Post by lambert » Mon Jun 01, 2009 3:04 pm

ac2026 wrote:Cartel Bodyboards are distributed by Turbo Surf in Australia with a niche offering of high performance Signature boards.
maybe they mean a market niche of crap designs that no-one wants?

Revolution
Snowy McAllister

Post by Revolution » Mon Jun 01, 2009 3:12 pm

Stand up bodyboard anyone :oops: :oops:

marcus
Owl status

Post by marcus » Mon Jun 01, 2009 4:55 pm

lambert wrote:
ac2026 wrote:Cartel Bodyboards are distributed by Turbo Surf in Australia with a niche offering of high performance Signature boards.
maybe they mean a market niche of crap designs that no-one wants?
i got a sick turbo off a mate that deals with them
just wish it was a 42.5 not a 41, my brother loved it at g land.
i keep it at my place for when he is visiting.
Oscar Wilde - "I am not young enough to know everything"

lambert
barnacle

Post by lambert » Mon Jun 01, 2009 6:29 pm

the workmanships fine, their customs are great- but the stock boards leave a lot to be desired..