wax

Tribal discussions for bodyboarders only.

Moderators: collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, beach_defender, Shari, sandonpoint, Forum Moderators

Chonie

wax

Post by Chonie » Wed Jan 28, 2004 6:08 pm

Who here waxes their bodyboard? Really, humour me.

descendant
Grommet

Post by descendant » Thu Jan 29, 2004 9:22 am

I do! It is good too, i tryed it when i was up in Burleigh about 4 years ago and havent looked back since. :twisted:

Luke
Local

Post by Luke » Thu Jan 29, 2004 2:29 pm

get a bar of soap, and then offer to your mate that you will wax his board as he is geting ready, make sure you get ready before him so it seem's like that you just want to get out into the wave's anyways wax the board up with soap, literally where his hands position'ed, tummy and hips walk into the surf and get a few wave's and then watch him get on his board, catch a few wave's nothing funnier!

but in all seriouesness! when performaning trick's etc, you really do need wax not any ordinary wax as normal fibreclass (stand up) wax is to chunky and sticky as you always need to position yourself for different trick's and balance and it's not a good thing when your wet-suit is literally glued to the board haha :-) there is acually bodyboard wax, it's alot thinner and less sticky obviously the more you whack on the more it's sticker

Here's a good example

Left is Prone | Right is DK

Lighter colour for a light coat of wax, darker for a heavier coat!

Picture is by Nick @ Fluidzone

Probably the best bet to find bodyboard wax, is at Bodyboarder's co
www.bodyboarders.com.au

Chonie

Post by Chonie » Thu Jan 29, 2004 5:51 pm

When i bought my new board the guy who served me gave me sex wax for my board and im like oookk i didnt think u used this wax on bodyboards? But hey it was free .

Shark Biscuiter and proud

Post by Shark Biscuiter and proud » Thu Jan 29, 2004 6:04 pm

i always use wax especially when it gets bigger, you need it once you have used it you will never go back. it gives you more control on the board. i always use it (when i have it).

jackjackjack

Post by jackjackjack » Thu Jan 29, 2004 7:12 pm

i like using it to paddle out on. When you need to really dig in your hands to get past an outside set, nothing sucks more than slipping off your board.

Ian M

Post by Ian M » Fri Jan 30, 2004 10:52 am

Wax is essential!!!!! Gotta wax heavy around where your hands go and a layer under your gut depending on the size, if it's small you'll be moving around on the board more than when it's huge when you may bounce around due to more speed and you would rather not part company with your precious... so wax thickly!

Each to their own tho, I know people who don't wax cos it'll dirty their board. Funny seeing them come 'unstuck' :roll:

Chief

Post by Chief » Fri Jan 30, 2004 12:45 pm

for me one good wax on the gut area will last me for ages! and yo can really tell the difference its heaps worth it! once you try it you wont go back!

Chonie

Post by Chonie » Fri Jan 30, 2004 6:40 pm

Thanks everyone for ur opinions, guess i'll try it and see.

Gee, there goes my clean new board :roll:

Shark Biscuiter and proud

Post by Shark Biscuiter and proud » Sat Jan 31, 2004 10:28 am

to clean your board use a hairdryer, be careful not to keep the heat on one spot. Works a charm

_cant_touch_this
Supporter
Supporter

Post by _cant_touch_this » Sat Feb 07, 2004 3:52 pm

wenever i ride my lid nothings worse than paddling 4 wave of the day n slipping off ur board. always use wax. since i only ever use my booger 2 muck around on in close-outs n stuff i draw stuff on with the wax e.g smilies n stuff haha!

SpoNgeR_69
regular

WAX..ie

Post by SpoNgeR_69 » Sun Feb 08, 2004 8:41 pm

NO Friends fist of fury wax... that stuff is pretty good n sticky
smells nice 2, get a stencil and wax it on your board..looks sick
:)
I would surf too if i couldnt bodyboard

descendant
Grommet

Post by descendant » Sat Feb 14, 2004 9:12 am

SPROG!! Spurt it on your board!!
Ain't much better than this wax!!
It's a serious brand by the way!! :twisted:

boscombe

Post by boscombe » Sat Feb 14, 2004 11:38 pm

Wax is for waxheads, it gives you belly rash when sand mixes in with it :wink:

descendant
Grommet

Post by descendant » Wed Feb 18, 2004 10:11 am

boscombe, personally i ride on the water and so dont get sand on the wax. but if you are the sort of person who leaves your board around to get snad on it then quit your whinging. wax is good. and if you are gonna whinge about belly rash, wear a rashie? or is that going to effect your nice summer tan?? which im sure is perfectly even all over... :twisted:

MODE

Post by MODE » Fri Mar 12, 2004 12:00 pm

I dont think it is possible to dropknee properly without wax,
(believe me i have tried it).

marcus
Owl status

Post by marcus » Fri Mar 12, 2004 12:59 pm

Shark Biscuiter and proud wrote:to clean your board use a hairdryer, be careful not to keep the heat on one spot. Works a charm
hey shark bikky, what do you think of taking your board into a hot shower to get off the wax, thats what i do.

as for wax use, im allways getting accused of using too much of it, but for the waves i like to ride, and the fact i dont do spins that much i dont worry, if you cant get bboard wax, try a tropical wax, really thin.
Oscar Wilde - "I am not young enough to know everything"