New board

Tribal discussions for bodyboarders only.

Moderators: collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, beach_defender, Shari, sandonpoint, Forum Moderators

GHOSTS

New board

Post by GHOSTS » Thu Jul 03, 2008 9:11 am

Hi guys. First let me introduce myself as I am new to this forum, my name is Rick, I'm 28 and I've been boarding since I was 9. I use to live on the gold coast but about six years ago I had to move to sydney and so I gave it up. I am wanting to get back into it but boy over the last 6 years the sport has grown I can't believe how many brands there are and there are all these new rookies out there like mitch who I used to board with back in the days who has a sponsor now, vs.
Anyway I'm looking at buying a new board now.Can anyone tell me the difference between the boards. I can't work it out and I'm a bit rusty on my size so here are my stats
189-cm 94-kg I like a board with heaps of speed as I like to fly ARS, back flips and so on but i like to 20% DK.

What is the story? Does it matter which one to get and should I go bat or crest? Do you think the size between 42 or 43 is ok?
And I'm not sure about the stringers these days but I remember back in the days if you had 2 x strings your board use to twist, does this still happen? well my choice of boards is

VS. mitch or hardy pp core 42.25 as there are no 43 here in Australia and single or double stringer
or NMD ben player pp crest 42.5

do you think this boards will be to small for me thanks for your time .
rick

GETUP KID
Grommet

Post by GETUP KID » Thu Jul 03, 2008 9:50 am

Hey Mate, Here is what I reckon. Best boards are out of INDO (VS, MOREY, HB, PRIDE, NMD,TOYS) Any of these brands.

Cres tail (BAT is disfunctional for DK)
43 inch there are plenty around WINCHESTER NMD, HUGHES HB, PRIDE COMBO 808 all come in 43 inches (wont get much change from $400)
Something a bit more economical NMD SPEC, HB NUKLEAR (Probably around $250 FOR PP & $180 FOR PE) all with stringer.
DOW 2 x Stringer is sick.....ELIT (new company) have one for about $320 & TURBO McGregor model has one with 2 x STRINGER & MESH for about $320 as well..HB also have a VIRTUE PE 2 x STRINGER with cres tail for about $280

Thats about it from me happy hunting.

GHOSTS

Post by GHOSTS » Thu Jul 03, 2008 10:32 am

thanks for that so i should not go any smaller than 43
the only reason im stuck on this boards as i get 30% off which means i can get the VS. or NMD for $270 but the biggest size is 42.5 or if i go custom
im not really sure what to get and it would cost $450 so is it worth the extra money to go an extra 1/2 inch if so then i will get custom cheers rick

Revolution
Snowy McAllister

Post by Revolution » Thu Jul 03, 2008 1:45 pm

Have a look on some internationally sites and weigh up how much itll cost to get them shipped from there. Usually takes about 25% off any board.