Crews?

Tribal discussions for bodyboarders only.

Moderators: collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, beach_defender, Shari, sandonpoint, Forum Moderators

rwkz

Crews?

Post by rwkz » Mon Nov 05, 2007 12:05 am

Usually... alright; all the time I'm out by myself. Which is alright. I'm the only one in my circle of friends who bodyboards. But I'm hitting a wall with progress. I've been tempted to ask boarders alot better than me to give me a few pointers but don't want to be irritating plus I'm usually too far away/too knackered after a session to ask. Just wondering what the go is? And if anyone's been in the same position what I can do to get over the wall?

dubbfunk
regular

Post by dubbfunk » Mon Nov 05, 2007 1:00 am

:oops:

lezza
regular

Post by lezza » Mon Nov 05, 2007 8:41 am

im in a similar position to you, only one of my good mates bodyboards, so usually im out by myself. Just keep motivated, go out as often as you can, go for the waves you might not normally go for...In regards to your "wall" try watching some videos to see how the pros do it, and just keep practicing, and gradually you will improve 8)

vs
Grommet

Post by vs » Mon Nov 05, 2007 9:41 am

definitely watch bodyboarding videos. they'll give you a new perspective on the many ways you can execute a single move, and demonstrate to you the necessary technique.
also, a way i found helped me progress really quickly, was gradually attempting forward spins, slowly at first, and then working my way up from there; cutbacks, rolls etc.

as tedious as it may sound, the way to progress is through repetition, so trying 20 spins in a surf, whilst not the most exciting thing at first, will help you get them down-pat, so you can progress onto more difficult moves...like 720 air reverses, although that may take a while.

if you get bored, then practice barrell-riding, 'cause it never gets boring.

rex
regular

Post by rex » Mon Nov 05, 2007 6:10 pm

and make sure you surfn the best waves possible like reefs or points not beachies if you wanna improve

snapperlives

Post by snapperlives » Mon Nov 05, 2007 6:30 pm

im in the same position. I found surfing heavy reefs is great fun, but last weekend i was out at a well known WA reef with with chad jackson and brad huges, when i realised that i could of easily been as good/ comitted as them if i had given bodyboarding my best shot. I am easily one of the best round the nulla region (according to everyone else) so feel stupid for missing such a obvious talent.

g_u_m_b_y
barnacle

Post by g_u_m_b_y » Mon Nov 05, 2007 6:46 pm

snapperlives wrote:im in the same position. I found surfing heavy reefs is great fun, but last weekend i was out at a well known WA reef with with chad jackson and brad huges, when i realised that i could of easily been as good/ comitted as them if i had given bodyboarding my best shot. I am easily one of the best round the nulla region (according to everyone else) so feel stupid for missing such a obvious talent.
yeh and chicks dig me and i have a massive cock.
ps im heaps modest :shock:

Revolution
Snowy McAllister

Post by Revolution » Mon Nov 05, 2007 6:54 pm

:lol: either snapperlives is a troll, or a 11 yr old.

zander2nd
regular

Post by zander2nd » Mon Nov 05, 2007 7:19 pm

snapperlives wrote:im in the same position. I found surfing heavy reefs is great fun, but last weekend i was out at a well known WA reef with with chad jackson and brad huges, when i realised that i could of easily been as good/ comitted as them if i had given bodyboarding my best shot. I am easily one of the best round the nulla region (according to everyone else) so feel stupid for missing such a obvious talent.
ahahahaha. yep

lezza
regular

Post by lezza » Mon Nov 05, 2007 7:21 pm

as if any of you guys never go surfing with hughsey and chad, they're super guys!! geez

rwkz

Post by rwkz » Mon Nov 05, 2007 9:36 pm

True, thanks guys! I'm really hanging out for someone to tell me what I'm doing wrong though - as weird as that sounds. I can't exactly tell a stranger to take time out from their session to watch me. Can I? Haha. Haven't seen much bodyboarding vids though. Any recommendations?

lezza
regular

Post by lezza » Mon Nov 05, 2007 10:00 pm

the tension series are pretty good, any of the waldron bros films;dennis, leroy, insert name here, just go to your nearest bodyboard store they will have most things

stoive
barnacle

Post by stoive » Tue Nov 06, 2007 7:26 am

snapperlives wrote: I am easily one of the best round the nulla region (according to everyone else) so feel stupid for missing such a obvious talent.

who are you? we will have heard of you if your so well known?

g_u_m_b_y
barnacle

Post by g_u_m_b_y » Tue Nov 06, 2007 6:10 pm

hed better hope that smnmntl doesnt get a hold of him :| :lol: :shock:

willie
barnacle

Post by willie » Tue Nov 06, 2007 6:48 pm

g_u_m_b_y wrote:hed better hope that smnmntl doesnt get a hold of him :| :lol: :shock:

yehhh.. oh.. no.. :?:

g_u_m_b_y
barnacle

Post by g_u_m_b_y » Tue Nov 06, 2007 7:06 pm

willie wrote:
g_u_m_b_y wrote:hed better hope that smnmntl doesnt get a hold of him :| :lol: :shock:

yehhh.. oh.. no.. :?:
:?

rex
regular

Post by rex » Tue Nov 06, 2007 8:25 pm

rwkz wrote:True, thanks guys! I'm really hanging out for someone to tell me what I'm doing wrong though - as weird as that sounds. I can't exactly tell a stranger to take time out from their session to watch me. Can I? Haha. Haven't seen much bodyboarding vids though. Any recommendations?
Where do ya surf normaly

lambert
barnacle

Post by lambert » Tue Nov 06, 2007 11:25 pm

lol, just look at the name, it denotes to me, some brisbane surfer that has had under 6months in the sport and is only in it for the scene, probably to build his image by trying to burn boogers using them as the tool of their own demize