Bubbles

Tribal discussions for bodyboarders only.

Moderators: collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, beach_defender, Shari, sandonpoint, Forum Moderators

Chief

Bubbles

Post by Chief » Fri Jan 23, 2004 11:24 am

i just recently left my board at a mates house and came back to find that little airpockets have formed underneath the slick i was just wondering if there was anything i could do to get rid of them without damaging the board?(it was prolly left in the sun) has this happened to any one here??

Shark Biscuiter and proud

Post by Shark Biscuiter and proud » Fri Jan 23, 2004 3:51 pm

unfortunately its a trip to bodyboarders surf co. for you. they can fix it and if you are nice they will do it for free

Chief

Post by Chief » Fri Jan 23, 2004 3:54 pm

Cheers champion its only new as well lol do you know how much it would cost to get done?
thanks mate much appreciated

Shark Biscuiter and proud

Post by Shark Biscuiter and proud » Fri Jan 23, 2004 10:08 pm

my mate bought his from BSC and we are sort of regulars so they did it for free. but if you had to pay it wouldn't be much i'd take a stab at 20-30 bucks

Ian M

Post by Ian M » Sat Jan 24, 2004 2:44 am

Have same probs, a sharp razor and a Spongerez-ey kinda substance should be helpful (esp wetty glue). Make sure the bubbled area is dry and slice thru the middle of the bubble and then glob tha glue thru the area in question and put something heavy on it (Manta Blades ha ha ..). Give it 24 hours to set - although it may coincide with a massively long range 12ft NE groundswell that no-one ever called and is the once in a millenium swell....

This works for a deck bubble but I can't see why it wouldn't work for slick.

INVERTER

Post by INVERTER » Sun Jan 25, 2004 10:56 am

YEA i left my board in car on a hot day! from then on my ben playa had a buble in the left channel!THinking it would go away its now fuk my board up and water getz in! treat the buble 911........

thursday

Post by thursday » Sat Feb 07, 2004 11:22 pm

deck bubbles are cureable by the method mentioned above with the slicing it in the centre and fillign with spongerez type glue... slick bubbles are pretty fucked cause slick is too thick to slice really so your stuck with it.... and if you took it to bsc they'd prob not fix it if it's in the slick.. they'd tell u to buy a new board cause it's pretty much screwed...

marcus
Owl status

Post by marcus » Sun Feb 08, 2004 11:55 pm

use a syringe ( dont where to get one) and prick the bubble. then squeeze glue into tiny hole and bubble... if using contact glue make sure both surfaces dry for 15 min before clamping them together.
sometimes the boards are heat lamminated and the glue can be reactivated by using a hair drier, but if you make a mistake you can end up with folds in the deck skin where it has stretched.
you have to be carefull fushing the air out as that can make the bubble change shape.
ian, i know mike stewart sent you those instructions, but with all respect i try and not slice the deck or slick as it will only open up like a (#$%@)next hot day
Last edited by marcus on Thu Feb 12, 2004 12:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Oscar Wilde - "I am not young enough to know everything"

SpoNgeR_69
regular

Post by SpoNgeR_69 » Wed Feb 11, 2004 8:10 pm

take care of your boards ey....leavin them random places is
askin for shit
I would surf too if i couldnt bodyboard

Chief

Post by Chief » Thu Feb 12, 2004 3:41 pm

ya ive got it in the store now so hopefully they will be able to do something with it, i tihnk they are sending it back to the manufacturer and if they are able to they will remedy the situation so now i just gotta wait and hope i dont miss out on too much! :wink: