CSIC 08

Tribal discussions for bodyboarders only.

Moderators: collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, beach_defender, Shari, sandonpoint, Forum Moderators

Revolution
Snowy McAllister

CSIC 08

Post by Revolution » Thu May 15, 2008 11:40 pm

Rumour has it the event highlights will be aired on Foxtel and channel 10.

However in spite of this good news (well i think its good) ... the waiting period has been reduced to 20 days :x
For the first time in the event’s history the Human Shark Island Challenge will feature the entire elite IBA top 16.

In the past the waiting period has been a deterrent for many international competitors, but 2008 will herald a new formula and a shorter waiting period.

“The waiting period has been trimmed down to just 20 days,” said IBA General Manager Terry McKenna.

“This is less than half the time that the event has had in the past but we are confident that this time of the year will serve up some of the epic conditions that are required for what is considered to be the best competition on the planet,” McKenna said.

Local riders Dave Ballard and Christian Ricco have secured the local wildcards and will not have to contest in the trials.

Sponsored wildcards include big-wave charger Chris James and Newcastle’s Garth McGregor.

Garth McGregor is enjoying a massive comeback to the sport after almost a decade away from the spotlight and is still regarded as one of the most powerful riders in the world.

“I can’t wait mate. I have only surfed the Island a few times, but I love the joint. So stoked that I am going to have a crack at the main event, it’s always been a dream” said McGregor.

With the top 16 and the four wildcards straight into the main event (July 1st – 20th) the Number 6 trials are expected to be stacked with talent.

Riders from over 9 countries will be lining up against the best in Australia. An expected field of around 130 will contest the three-day event set down for June 27th – 29th at Cronulla Point.

Dingus
Owl status

Post by Dingus » Fri May 16, 2008 12:09 am

Who's taking their camera down?

Bodyboarder-sicne-1989
Local
Location: any of the heavy NSW reefs, depends where the swell hits. shark island/southern reefs mostly

Post by Bodyboarder-sicne-1989 » Fri May 16, 2008 4:19 pm

That "rumor" came from the man who runs the world tour (Terry McKenna) and he showed us the proof. ive seen pipe comp tv show already. dont know whn its going to air hough...

Revolution
Snowy McAllister

Post by Revolution » Fri May 16, 2008 4:53 pm

Well there ya go, i dont doubt you, but someone might.

20PSI

Post by 20PSI » Fri May 16, 2008 6:15 pm

Lets be honest it will get no more than 10 seconds of fame on both Foxtel and Channel 10, the world bodyboarding championship doesn't even make the news each year, so to your SHark Island Comp - Keep dreaming

Revolution
Snowy McAllister

Post by Revolution » Fri May 16, 2008 6:25 pm

20PSI wrote:Lets be honest it will get no more than 10 seconds of fame on both Foxtel and Channel 10, the world bodyboarding championship doesn't even make the news each year, so to your SHark Island Comp - Keep dreaming
Actually Ben Player did make the news. As BBS89 confirmed its a series covering each world tour event so more than 10 seconds.

Oh and shark island being the worlds biggest BB contest, dont really need to "keep dreaming"

20PSI

Post by 20PSI » Fri May 16, 2008 6:34 pm

Revolution wrote:
20PSI wrote:Lets be honest it will get no more than 10 seconds of fame on both Foxtel and Channel 10, the world bodyboarding championship doesn't even make the news each year, so to your SHark Island Comp - Keep dreaming
Actually Ben Player did make the news. As BBS89 confirmed its a series covering each world tour event so more than 10 seconds.

Oh and shark island being the worlds biggest BB contest, dont really need to "keep dreaming"
Biggest? I would get ur facts straight there, theres no way in the world its the biggest comp, the Pipe comp would be far more reaching than a little comp in Sydney

Revolution
Snowy McAllister

Post by Revolution » Fri May 16, 2008 6:44 pm

I considered pipe being bigger .. but i decided shark island is... if you think its just a little comp held in sydney your a bigger kook than i thought.

20PSI

Post by 20PSI » Fri May 16, 2008 6:46 pm

Revolution wrote:I considered pipe being bigger .. but i decided shark island is... if you think its just a little comp held in sydney your a bigger kook than i thought.
Mate give me a call when there is more than 200 spectating at a comp, call me a kook all you want because I know I would demolish you in the surf, because your agression would zero - pussy

One Mile Point
Snowy McAllister

Post by One Mile Point » Fri May 16, 2008 7:09 pm

20 days is pretty short, i dont like it.

g_u_m_b_y
barnacle

Post by g_u_m_b_y » Fri May 16, 2008 8:08 pm

20PSI wrote:
Revolution wrote:I considered pipe being bigger .. but i decided shark island is... if you think its just a little comp held in sydney your a bigger kook than i thought.
Mate give me a call when there is more than 200 spectating at a comp, call me a kook all you want because I know I would demolish you in the surf, because your agression would zero - pussy
forum toughguy!!!!
i suggest you find out what he surfs like before you write him off.
you are either a kook, think you are way better than you are, arrogant or have a really really smal penis!

Dingus
Owl status

Post by Dingus » Fri May 16, 2008 8:16 pm

who the fark is taking some farking photos apart from the website? you butts farken? booskter? maxi? one of the BB thread photogs? I had been one of those less than 200 people in recent years .2psi and am missing it this year. If the swell is on, it's a great opportunity to see photos apart from the standard action shots the professional photogs can deliver every time. I for one enjoy the wider frames, the different timing, the different focal points amatuer photogs can do in these scenarios.

I hope .2psi is someones altergo, because anyone that young and so cynical already is farked for the rest of their life, he just isn't in the position mentally to admit it yet. I don't expect you to agree with my opinion either champ.

edit: I just realised I referred to butts, bookster and maxi directly as 'amatuer photogs'. While technically this may be true (not sure), I certainly didn't mean it in terms of skill - you guys and others on this site are certainly professional in that sense. :oops:

stoive
barnacle

Post by stoive » Fri May 16, 2008 9:17 pm

i'll be down there, in the channel possibly Dae :wink:

20PSI

Post by 20PSI » Fri May 16, 2008 9:59 pm

Dae wrote:
I hope .2psi is someones altergo, because anyone that young and so cynical already is farked for the rest of their life, he just isn't in the position mentally to admit it yet. I don't expect you to agree with my opinion either champ.
Yeah its ashame when you have common sense and know that this sport is in disrepute, and due to your limited and single minded intelligence, you are particularly happy to sit back and watch it unravel, lets be honest its a bodyboarding comp, whos sponsors it? Human, Movement haha Great Work

Dingus
Owl status

Post by Dingus » Fri May 16, 2008 10:23 pm

Do you do it because it's a sport?

Revolution
Snowy McAllister

Post by Revolution » Sat May 17, 2008 12:12 am

20PSI wrote:
Dae wrote:
Yeah its ashame when you have common sense and know that this sport is in disrepute, and due to your limited and single minded intelligence, you are particularly happy to sit back and watch it unravel, lets be honest its a bodyboarding comp, whos sponsors it? Human, Movement haha Great Work
Actually if you look at the bottom of the poster ... ah fuck it your to stupid.

Your talking about how the sports in disrepute ... its tards like you giving it any bad name, but fuck if you opened your eyes booging is WIDELY accepted in the surfing world and has been for a long time. The only embarrassment is kooks like you running your mouth writing everyone else off (ill tell ya whats funny, you came on here claiming you hate those kinds of people yet thats exactly what you are... HAH!

So let me ask if its not to hard to get your head around this question, what do you want changed about the sport and how?

Oh and i also love how you go claiming that no one on here but you has a life yet your the one posting 10 oclock on a friday night .. with all your friends i see :roll:

heefcoate
Local

Post by heefcoate » Sat May 17, 2008 11:35 am

if its over 6ft then garth mcgregor will win

Bodyboarder-sicne-1989
Local
Location: any of the heavy NSW reefs, depends where the swell hits. shark island/southern reefs mostly

Post by Bodyboarder-sicne-1989 » Sat May 17, 2008 5:17 pm

Are you serious PSI? 200 spectators? haha try 2000 buddy...
its sponsored by rebal sport, cold rock, emerald surf city, human shoes etc.

If your so worried about the direction of bodyboardings future, why dont you stop bitching and take action. start setting fire to tight jeans, flanos and i am none shirts. go and cut off those big fringes and send the groms to finishing school so you can clone them into your ideal of what bodyboarding should be!

Bodyboarding will never be like what you want. its not ment to be. Let it go! Riding waves is a way of life for some. people live it, no matter what your riding. its about having fun. some get good and want to challenge themselves to compitition to further there expirience, opening it up as a sport.

Comps are good to watch and the S.I.C. is the biggest event on the IBA TOUR.