Boards in San Diego

Tribal discussion for shortboarders

Moderators: jimmy, collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, Shari, Forum Moderators

Stoked

Boards in San Diego

Post by Stoked » Thu Dec 29, 2005 2:14 pm

Hey guys,

I am currently travelling the US and am soon going to be in San Diego. I am gonna need a new board so if anyone knows any good local shapers or surf stores around San Diego where i can pick up a good deal, i would appreciate the heads up.

Cheers

Stoked

Post by Stoked » Thu Dec 29, 2005 2:17 pm

Also... i'm heading into Mexico (Baja mostly) any must surf destinations?

doug
Grommet

Post by doug » Thu Dec 29, 2005 3:23 pm

Best advice for Baja is look for a guide book in San Diego surf shops. Many spots are well off the main road and you'll not find them otherwise. Theres heaps of good waves and with winter swell this time of year should mostly all be working.

flip
regular

Post by flip » Thu Dec 29, 2005 6:38 pm

all surf spots in north baja r named by how far they are from the border. I surfed k-38 around the puerto nuevo area got sick surf. The main wind is offshore. Todos Santos the big wave location is about 6km out to sea from ensenada which is bout 1hour to hour and a half from border. Further u go down the water will get warmer. Crowds will thin out and theres millions of quality surf spots which litter this coastline. Cabo San Lucas is at the bottom of Baja but is a solid 2-3day drive to get down there. Food and accommodation is cheap all around mex.

aaronn
barnacle

Re: Boards in San Diego

Post by aaronn » Fri Nov 30, 2012 4:27 pm

pirate_agenda
regular

Post by pirate_agenda » Mon Dec 03, 2012 6:55 pm

album surfboards.

Check his website and blog, often has some good deals on some fun looking shapes.

Cpt.Caveman
barnacle

Post by Cpt.Caveman » Wed Dec 05, 2012 10:54 am

I believe Daniel Thomson shapes in San Diego under the label Tomo Surfboards. If you want a super high performance board with elements of the fish design he is proving very popular to those open to boards a little different from your stock standard high performance thruster.

Still built for high performance, just very different in looks and ride I've been told.
Davros wrote:Ego saved - surfing experience rubbish.

pirate_agenda
regular

Post by pirate_agenda » Thu Dec 06, 2012 3:55 pm

Cpt.Caveman wrote:I believe Daniel Thomson shapes in San Diego under the label Tomo Surfboards. If you want a super high performance board with elements of the fish design he is proving very popular to those open to boards a little different from your stock standard high performance thruster.

Still built for high performance, just very different in looks and ride I've been told.
Just a 16 week plus lead on a custom too!!

alakaboo
Huey's Right Hand

Post by alakaboo » Thu Dec 06, 2012 5:03 pm

Well, the original poster left in 2005, so they would've had some time up their sleeve.

pirate_agenda
regular

Post by pirate_agenda » Fri Dec 07, 2012 11:19 pm

alakaboo wrote:Well, the original poster left in 2005, so they would've had some time up their sleeve.
hahaha didn't notice that!

alakaboo
Huey's Right Hand

Post by alakaboo » Fri Dec 07, 2012 11:41 pm

If anyone does find themselves in San Diego, Mitch's surf shop in la Jolla is pretty good. There are also shitloads of surf shops a bit further north. Patagonia at Cardiff if you are rich.

pirate_agenda
regular

Post by pirate_agenda » Sat Dec 08, 2012 12:21 pm

alakaboo wrote:If anyone does find themselves in San Diego, Mitch's surf shop in la Jolla is pretty good. There are also shitloads of surf shops a bit further north. Patagonia at Cardiff if you are rich.
Patagucci ....