Quad / Thruster ride report - fin advice needed

Tribal discussion for shortboarders

Moderators: jimmy, collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, Shari, Forum Moderators

Davros
Snowy McAllister

Re: Quad / Thruster ride report - fin advice needed

Post by Davros » Fri Jul 17, 2015 2:18 pm

Na na na nah.....I meant they were "doughy" in comparison to the Nat Young find which were like ice skates. My bad. I like PC 5's with. G XQ rears as a combo. Cutting feeling, the Nats wouldn't do you knee any favours right now.

tootr
Duke Status

Post by tootr » Fri Jul 17, 2015 2:24 pm

you need to muck around with fins in a quad a little more, especially a wider tailed small wave job. I found a set of FCS carbon TF-1 on fleabay for $50. Also tried the FCS HI-1 set (on fleabay too) and they work well too. Throw away all those plastic fins.
'
A custom quad I got went from a good board to a magic board with a set one size or more larger. Obviously take the weight reccs. into account

this is the actual board on the homepage - a mud wasp model

http://www.goddardsurfboards.com.au/
Last edited by tootr on Fri Jul 17, 2015 2:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Beerfan

Post by Beerfan » Fri Jul 17, 2015 2:31 pm

Davros wrote:Na na na nah.....I meant they were "doughy" in comparison to the Nat Young find which were like ice skates. My bad. I like PC 5's with. G XQ rears as a combo. Cutting feeling, the Nats wouldn't do you knee any favours right now.

Ah ok cool. So far the pc5's look the goods then. Don't need a mortgage to buy them either ha.

Cheers tootr, funny, the set that Iike on my 5'4" wide arse groveller is the same set I like in my 7' shrunken down longboard. Totally different fin placements but same set works great for both.

Davros
Snowy McAllister

Post by Davros » Fri Jul 17, 2015 2:41 pm

That Goddard is nice looking. One last thing if the quad is a low rocker, wide and has a little volume and it has a 5 fin set I reckon the little nubsters work well in them and take a little flatness out of the ride, some may disagree, but well so what.

steve shearer
BUTTONMEISTER

Post by steve shearer » Tue Jul 21, 2015 6:13 pm

agreed.
I want Nightclub Dwight dead in his grave I want the nice-nice up in blazes